News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

TWG CIV: frikin sombra

Started by Toby, April 14, 2018, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG DK

EDIT Dammit, I messed up and posted that on a quote I was c/v-ing. Here's my real message:

Here comes a helpful post. So here are all of the posts that users have claimed were not made by them (Chronologically):

Quote from: Pikmin12345 on April 15, 2018, 11:24:22 AM.... Really?

Quote from: Maelstormy on April 15, 2018, 11:30:33 AMew no

Quote from: Transdegu on April 15, 2018, 11:17:17 AMUm
What

I came to see who'd been lynched and start day phase, but 1. screw you daylight saving times and 2. Game suddenly got significantly easier for me

For some reason, Tras, you only quoted a portion of this post in your reveal. Was this intentional?

Note that these all happened during the night phase. Also, these were all made within the span of 13 minutes.

Current vote count:

Tras 1 (blue)
noc 1 (BDS)
BDS 1 (noc)

I retract my joke-vote on noc even though he could actually learn a thing or two by sitting and watching from the sidelines.

TWG Snake

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 07:47:59 PMnone of you punish wolves for not posting yet you complain about inactivity
Inactivity is a tough thing, but I don't get this. I have played wolf games where I was the only one posting, I have seen wolf games where the wolf barely posted because everyone was so rigidly focused on other people. You can only force people to be active so much; chances are, if you try to "punish" people for being inactive, you'll just take a bunch of humans down with you.

Quoteif you post A LOT, the wolves have to post A LOT as well
Or you drown everybody out, and everybody stops posting.

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 07:49:13 PMbut seriously, why are you playing within your wolf meta right now

you're obvwolf right now
like i said

i don't think you know as much about me as i think you do

completely arbitrary/random stuff like that doesn't help people's opinions of you

TWG Tingle

we're starting to get off topic BUT

*theoretically* wolves posting often allows players to get a better read on them, so a game where everyone is posting a lot is easier than a game where nobody is posting a lot

olimar brings up an interesting point though I think we still have yet to hear if some people were hacked or not?

TWG DK

I still think its between Mael and Tras tbh.

TWG Tingle

I heavily value my meta read on you BDS and it hasn't failed me yet

I can say with 100% confidence that your last several posts are within your wolf meta

if you're not a wolf, start playing like you do as town and we'll see

Quote from: Pikmin12345 on April 15, 2018, 08:01:11 PMI still think its between Mael and Tras tbh.
you favor mael though?

TWG Tingle

Quote from: WhiteDragonSlayer on April 14, 2018, 08:05:53 PMi am not amused
Quote from: WhiteDragonSlayer on April 15, 2018, 07:47:02 PMAnd getting people completely off-based by having them focus on you is not the solution. It's a good sentiment, and one I try to agree with, but with the way you do it, it doesn't really help.
there, you see?
the first one is your human meta, but this most recent one is very wolfy coming from you

TWG Snake

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 08:02:48 PMI heavily value my meta read on you BDS and it hasn't failed me yet

I can say with 100% confidence that your last several posts are within your wolf meta

if you're not a wolf, start playing like you do as town and we'll see
you favor mael though?
I ain't gonna change just cause you have a poor conception of what I'm like as a human vs. what I'm like as a wolf.

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 08:07:51 PMthere, you see?
the first one is your human meta, but this most recent one is very wolfy coming from you
One is short and not-serious, and the other is longer and more serious.

wow
how insightful

TWG Tingle

well I'm tired and have a headache

someone just pressure bds for me and see what happens

we certainly will see

TWG Tingle

this is what I was thinking about overnight:

since it's going to be too hard to trace dudeman through accounts (especially when people aren't posting enough to create a distinct style) we need to consider (like dudeman said) who brainy trusts.

This excludes maelstrom and me purely because of last game

people brainy would trust (imo) include:  olimar, dudeman (duh), thathiddencharacter

people I think he *could* trust enough to claim to: trasdegi, bds

I don't think he knows blue nearly well enough/has interacted with him enough to be able to "trust" him

once again this is just following dudeman's suggestion, at first I thought he would have claimed to multiple people to reveal sombra between those players but it looks like that information must've been kept in his will (he was not thinking ahead I guess)

since I'm town reading olimar and dudeman has apparently flipped town that means THC needs to give more thoughts.  He came in here with his vote on tras which seemed pretty good but then unvoted and popped out.

however I'm keeping my vote on BDS until he displays town meta

TWG Tingle

I'm really disappointed that brainy didn't cover all his bases, but he tried to give us information so we need to operate on that information as closely as possible to see if it can get us anywhere

TWG Tingle

if dudeman really is account hopping it's not me/olimar/tras/bds/thc

which means it's blue or mael

I could see dudeman being able to impersonate mael's style

so THC, mael, and blueflower post more please

tras you're fine

TWG Tingle

one more thought and then I'm going to restrain myself to let someone else post

brainy said one of sombra's powers was being able to end the phase early

so just to avoid mistakes (and the possibility she can do it multiple times) we should declare intents to vote instead of actually voting until we've reached a consensus

TWG DK

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 16, 2018, 08:41:02 AMif dudeman really is account hopping it's not me/olimar/tras/bds/thc

which means it's blue or mael

At the risk of getting two more pages of no one else replying, this is the classic Noc problem. You always have these large claims that hold no value to anyone else but yourself, and when we ask you to explain your reasonings you either say it's a hunch/strong feeling or that we'd have to be dumb not to see it, both options being absurd and unhelpful. Literally the point of twg is to create suspicions and back them up with evidence so that you can convince people into voting for your suspicions.

The only "good" that comes from you playing like this is that it basically confirms your humanity, since you only do this as a human.

TWG Tingle

do you mean the account hopping thing or eliminating those 5 players?

Cause those 5 players are pretty verifiably themselves right now

the account hopping thing is a strong possibility that we need to consider

Toby

Vote Count:

Votes:
Maelstrom - no vote      

Olimar12345 - Maelstrom/mikey/no vote

Trasdegi - blueflower999/no vote

ThatHiddenCharacter - Trasdegi/no vote

BlackDragonSlayer - mikey

blueflower999 - Trasdegi

mikey - ThatHiddenCharacter/Trasdegi/Maelstrom/BlackDragonSlayer

Results:
Maelstrom - 0   

Olimar12345 - 0
Trasdegi - 1 (blueflower999)
ThatHiddenCharacter - 0

BlackDragonSlayer - 1 (mikey)
blueflower999 - 0

mikey - 1 (BlackDragonSlayer)

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to insta.
Day 1 ends at 12am GMT+1 (28hours 56minutes remaining)