News:

Interested in contributing to the site? Give The Arrangement Formatting Guidelines and The Arranging Checklist a good read!

Main Menu

TWG CIV: frikin sombra

Started by Toby, April 14, 2018, 12:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWG Tingle

TWG Tingle

somehow you seemed to miss the post where mael said his brother plays overwatch

so why didn't you figure out sombra would have the ability to log into other players' accounts?

TWG Tingle

is it because

A) maelstrom is smarter than you

or

B) maelstrom has more information than you/has more reason to think about sombra's abilities than the average player

TWG Tingle

oh yeah also whoever hacked olimar used four ellipses and there's precedent with mael according to olimar

TWG Tingle

inb4 bds says something dumb like false dichotomy

TWG Snake

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 06:42:55 PMsomehow you seemed to miss the post where mael said his brother plays overwatch
So?

Quoteso why didn't you figure out sombra would have the ability to log into other players' accounts?
Option C)
I mean, to be completely honest, I figured some janky stuff would be going on, but I didn't really put much thought into it because I figured it would just be a completely random guess and wouldn't really be helpful. That's not to say someone else wouldn't have been ok voicing their opinion, especially since Toby already put a "she's a hacker, so it's pretty obvious what she does" in the first post.

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 06:44:26 PMoh yeah also whoever hacked olimar used four ellipses and there's precedent with mael according to olimar
he named like three different people who had used that at some point in their posting history

if you go far enough back i'm pretty sure you could even find examples of me doing that too

also:
Quote from: WhiteDragonSlayer on April 15, 2018, 03:50:47 PMKeep in mind that the player who is Sombra is pretty much guaranteed to alter the way they post when they post on other accounts.
Sombra could entirely have decided to use four ellipses intentionally just to trip us up.

TWG Snake

Also Sombra hasn't hacked me yet so yey

sombra pls hack me

TWG Tingle

alright, so you don't buy the maelstrom lead

what do you think about dudeman being sombra?

TWG Snake

Quote from: Nocturne of Shadow on April 15, 2018, 06:51:53 PMalright, so you don't buy the maelstrom lead

what do you think about dudeman being sombra?
There could be something to that, but again, it's just a completely random guess. Plus, if there's account hopping, chances are it's a one-use ability... so we have enough time to figure that out.

TWG Tingle

what's your current read on olimar and tras?

TWG Snake

Olimar: leaning slightly human. Decreased chance he would've been messing around early in the game if he was human, and though alleging to be the first (of three people total) person claiming to be hacked could be an example of setting a precedent to earn himself human points, I'm not sure that's likely.

Trasdegi: idk, but more leaning human/neutral. If you really think account-hopping is a thing, it could be ok to lynch him.

TWG Tingle

assuming that dudeman was sombra and did hop, but not to trasdegi, who do you think he could have hopped to

ie who is acting outside the norm

TWG Snake

Well, not you, that's for sure.

I really don't know though. Not many people have been as active as I would like them to be, especially since the start of the phase. Given that, it's kind of hard to tell.

TWG Tingle

TWG Snake

nocturne

master of omgus

has spoken