News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

TWG CII: Srcmalbed Eggs

Started by Dudeman, March 22, 2018, 10:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby

firearrow can keep that to the specials

Trasdegi

I think the seer should tell firearrow to post his check. That way we'll either have a confirmed human or a good lynching target. If it's blue, then just say it's blue.

Toby

I don't think firearrow should reveal any confirmed humans either though

Dudeman

In order to reduce confusion, here are the standard responses a special will receive at the end of the phase from using their action.

Seer:
"You seer'd [player] [color]."

Guardian:
"You chose to guard [player] from being killed during the night."

Roleblocker:
"You prevented [player] from using a night action, if they had any.

Vigi:
"You attempted to shoot and kill [player]."

If a special's power was blocked, they will receive this message:
"Your attempt to use your power was blocked."
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Toby on March 24, 2018, 02:50:10 PMI don't think firearrow should reveal any confirmed humans either though
Why is that?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Toby

Quote from: BrainyLucario on March 24, 2018, 02:56:41 PMWhy is that?
I'm getting the sense that you think it's beneficial, can you say why you think that is first, before I say it's not benificial

Toby

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 23, 2018, 03:56:46 PMLotsa stuff being thrown around! I'll post my thoughts later tonight; this is literally the only downtime I've had ALL DAY (I'm at this event registering for classes today and half of tomorrow for my first semester of college).

I noticed you didn't post thoughts

BlackDragonSlayer

Log with Toby
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:27 PM
What incentive do the wolves have to NOT use their scrambling power Night 2? Wouldn't that just rending all our planning obsolete?
Just thought of that while I was away in the shower.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:28 PM
nothing really unless we get a claim today
and they want to guarantee the kill on that claim so they wont scramble
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:29 PM
But wouldn't it be more worth it to complete mess up the specials' powers?
Toby - Yesterday at 10:29 PM
not if you're killing the most important
but the game wont last till night 3 unless we kill a wolf anyway, so night 2 is most beneficial for them
unless what i said happens
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:30 PM
But which special would claim?
Toby - Yesterday at 10:30 PM
probably if seer claimed
maybe vigi
I'm assuming Guardian/Roleblocker, since neither of those two would know who they were?
they know who they are
they get a message saying 'you guarded ...'
'you blocked ...'
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Then what incentive do the wolves have to not scramble powers?
Toby - Yesterday at 10:31 PM
right now none
but we can give them one
If someone claims, then they can just scramble powers and kill that person anyway.
Think about it.
There will be no guard guarding that person, after all.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:32 PM
yes, but if they want to guarantee a kill on the seer
then scrambling and killing the seer claim wont guarantee they killed the seer
their power will be scrambled so they might end up killing the guard or something
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Yeah, and that's still good for the wolves.
well it means we'd still have our seer
which is probably most dangerous for the wolves
especially with an alliance then set up after the claim
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Yeah, but they don't know who they are until they get their result. Meaning they have to guess again.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:33 PM
well the new seer will receive a message with 'player x is this colour'
so they'll know for night 3 who they are
why is this in private anyway
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Kind of because I didn't want to give info to the wolves if they hadn't already thought of it, and partly because I wanted to focus on your opinion in specific.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:35 PM
ok
fair enough
i feel like gathering everyone's opinions on it would be of best interest anyway

[close]

Parts I found suspicious in bold.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: Trasdegi on March 24, 2018, 01:29:31 AMSorry for the inactivity, game started at 6am and I had school and concert band yesterday. I've read the thread and I still need to catch up with the chat.

So, if the specials targeted people who thought they were suspicious, Noc was probably vigi'd and mael wolfed. Now all specials should know their roles (up to when the scramble happens, that is.) Worst-case scenario, we lynch an human today, and the vigi kills a special tonight, which already put us in lylo tomorrow. So we should try to find 2 suspicious people today, 1 to be lynched and 1 to be vigi'd. If we only have one by the end of this phase, I would advise against a vigi n2.

whether or not if we use our vigi n2, it will still be lylo tomorrow if we don't have a wolf killed yet, or block a kill

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 24, 2018, 03:05:13 PM
Log with Toby
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:27 PM
What incentive do the wolves have to NOT use their scrambling power Night 2? Wouldn't that just rending all our planning obsolete?
Just thought of that while I was away in the shower.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:28 PM
nothing really unless we get a claim today
and they want to guarantee the kill on that claim so they wont scramble
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:29 PM
But wouldn't it be more worth it to complete mess up the specials' powers?
Toby - Yesterday at 10:29 PM
not if you're killing the most important
but the game wont last till night 3 unless we kill a wolf anyway, so night 2 is most beneficial for them
unless what i said happens
But which special would claim?
probably if seer claimed
maybe vigi
I'm assuming Guardian/Roleblocker, since neither of those two would know who they were?
they know who they are
they get a message saying 'you guarded ...'
'you blocked ...'
Then what incentive do the wolves have to not scramble powers?
Toby - Yesterday at 10:31 PM
right now none
but we can give them one
If someone claims, then they can just scramble powers and kill that person anyway.
Think about it.
There will be no guard guarding that person, after all.
yes, but if they want to guarantee a kill on the seer
then scrambling and killing the seer claim wont guarantee they killed the seer
their power will be scrambled so they might end up killing the guard or something
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:32 PM
Yeah, and that's still good for the wolves.
well it means we'd still have our seer
which is probably most dangerous for the wolves
especially with an alliance then set up after the claim
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:33 PM
Yeah, but they don't know who they are until they get their result. Meaning they have to guess again.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:33 PM
well the new seer will receive a message with 'player x is this colour'
so they'll know for night 3 who they are
why is this in private anyway
Golden Silver - Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Kind of because I didn't want to give info to the wolves if they hadn't already thought of it, and partly because I wanted to focus on your opinion in specific.
Toby - Yesterday at 10:35 PM
ok
fair enough
i feel like gathering everyone's opinions on it would be of best interest anyway

[close]

Parts I found suspicious in bold.

can you explain why its suspicious

BlackDragonSlayer

1: Strange insistence that seer would be the one to claim (despite knowing that the roleblocker knew who they were).
2: Seeing no benefit for the wolves to simply scramble powers regardless (when they have little to no incentive not to).
3: Asking why I didn't mention this to the public (to not provide information to the wolves; one possible theory is that Toby wanted it to be public so he could act on the information without seeming like he got the plan from me).

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 24, 2018, 03:12:24 PM1: Strange insistence that seer would be the one to claim (despite knowing that the roleblocker knew who they were).
QuoteToby - Yesterday at 10:30 PM
probably if seer claimed
maybe vigi
I mean i suggested it might also be the vigi in the scenario you gave. I then stuck with saying seer to avoid hassle. I said that the only incentive for them not to scramble would be if they wanted to guarantee a kill on our best special, and imo those are our best.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 24, 2018, 03:12:24 PM2: Seeing no benefit for the wolves to simply scramble powers regardless (when they have little to no incentive not to).
In the situation I gave, where wolves could guarantee a kill on our best special, i think is a big incentive not to

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 24, 2018, 03:12:24 PM3: Asking why I didn't mention this to the public (to not provide information to the wolves; one possible theory is that Toby wanted it to be public so he could act on the information without seeming like he got the plan from me).
i found it odd that such a topic wasn't in public. I felt like you were wanting to gain my trust, forgive me for not being a wolf and being happy to accept it. I don't even know what your plan is, or what point you're trying to make here, but I think the fact I responded quickly to you suggests I was already aware of the information you were discussing.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on March 24, 2018, 03:22:24 PMI mean i suggested it might also be the vigi in the scenario you gave. I then stuck with saying seer to avoid hassle. I said that the only incentive for them not to scramble would be if they wanted to guarantee a kill on our best special, and imo those are our best.
Maybe it's just a different of opinion, but I was confused how you didn't see the benefit of scrambling regardless of that. I don't think it matters which special the wolves hit (unless the wolves hit the roleblocker) as long as they're successful.

Quotei found it odd that such a topic wasn't in public. I felt like you were wanting to gain my trust, forgive me for not being a wolf and being happy to accept it. I don't even know what your plan is, or what point you're trying to make here, but I think the fact I responded quickly to you suggests I was already aware of the information you were discussing.
Why? You didn't think it was valid to not want to give information to the wolves that they potentially might not have thought of otherwise? If they hadn't already come to that conclusion themselves, I didn't want to be the one to give them that idea, because it would be harmful to us, obviously.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Toby

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on March 24, 2018, 03:33:10 PMWhy? You didn't think it was valid to not want to give information to the wolves that they potentially might not have thought of otherwise? If they hadn't already come to that conclusion themselves, I didn't want to be the one to give them that idea, because it would be harmful to us, obviously.

I didn't think it was something they wouldn't have thought of

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Toby on March 24, 2018, 03:38:04 PMI didn't think it was something they wouldn't have thought of
I think it's kind of silly (and potentially harmful as well) to think that rather than err on the side of caution.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber