News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

The Dark Knight

Started by Nakah, July 18, 2008, 11:25:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Composer #40

I finally got a copy of the Batman from 1989... I like the Dark Knight's joker better. He doesn't creep me out as much but I still want to blast his head off.

It happens Every. Day!

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

SuperFireKirby

Jack Nicholson still played the part very well. even though now he's overshadowed by Heath Ledger's Joker.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Mike

Jack Nicholson had the attitude right, but the writing for him is horrible. First, Joe Chill murdered Bruce's parents, not Jack Napier (Joker). Second, they made him way too comical and Clownish for such a dark movie. That Joker would have been good in a movie for a younger audience. Finally, Tim Burton knows shit about comics and himself he admitted it because he was never able to read them properly.

SuperFireKirby

Wait a minute. Tim Burton wrote the script for the Batman movie?

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Composer #40

Yes he did. Then after Batman Returns Joel Schumacher took up directing the next two movies after it (which, according to a friend, is why Michael Keaton stopped playing as Batman in the movies).

It happens Every. Day!

SuperFireKirby

Hmmm... I never knew that.

Mike

Yeah and of course Schumacher had to put nipples on the costumes.

SuperFireKirby

Gooch

*puts hand to mouth and giggles at such a silly but true statement*

Mike

Oh fuck yes! Warner Bros is so happy at the response to Dark Knight that they just announced the next Superman movie will be darker the same way they did with the new Batman series and they want to make 8 more comic book movies.

SuperFireKirby

Superman returns sucked. And I mean IT SUCKED.

Mike

The writing was bad and it felt way too much like a nod to the old movies by adding humor and pretty much making Brandon Routh the same as Christopher Reeve, but the ambiance of the movie was a step in the right direction. Sadly Superman didn't even throw a single punch.

SuperFireKirby

Superman ain't all that super anymore.

BlueFlameDude

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.