whats your favorite game of all time

Started by PseudoMario16, July 16, 2008, 04:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roz~

Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DonValentino

Quote from: Super Zombie on October 11, 2011, 08:05:08 AMMass Effect 2 is the greatest game ever made. This is not opinion. This is fact. It has been scientifically proven. What do you think they built the Large Hadron Collider for?

GIVE ME PROOF, THEN I WILL BELIEVE YOU

Super Zombie

Okay, well it's got a great story, with a bunch of characters you get to know and care about. It's a perfect mix of a shooter and RPG, with great shooter gameplay (with other things like biotic powers) and RPG elements that eliminate the time-consuming and boring equipment finding and upgrading that takes up too much time in other games (like ME1 or Bethesda games). As an example of an RPG that isn't as good, look at Fallout 3/NV (although I do like these games). They are kind of existentially aimless, the main story feels like an excuse to be pulling you forward (I didn't care about the story or the characters in either), and they aren't cinematic. By this I mean things like the fact that it zooms into people straight on looking at the camera with several sentences of text for your choices. In ME2, you have just a few words, your character actually talks, there are cut scenes, and everything feels like a tight story. So you have a game with a great story and great gameplay. Oh, and the characters are believable unlike in many JRPGs in which the characters have crazy expressions of emotion no one would ever display.

mdrafa

For Strategy Age of Empire 3 and Age of Empire 3:The Asian Dynasty
For action Call of Duty series.  8)
All is well.

Cobraroll

^Somebody never played Age of Empires II. Might be my nostalgia, but I thought the second game in the series was vastly better than its successor. It practically defined the RTS genre as we know it.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

FluteNinja

My Favorites
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Pokemon Emerald
-The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
-Kirby Super Star Ultra
Quote from: garlicbananas on July 09, 2012, 08:10:42 PM
Birth of a Child: Holy Diver - Dio
As fog pours out of the womb, my baby emerges with sword in hand and unleashing his battlecry.  Just like his old man.

vonpuppin