News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

Galbadia Hotel

Started by PianoMan, July 16, 2008, 04:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PianoMan

Galbadia Hotel is in desperate need of donations rite now. If you can (I personally can't), please donate money to keep the site running. It is possibly the largest archive of VG music on the net.

Dude

Bah! Let it rot... I'm good with my NSF's, SPC's, USF's, etc. ;D

PianoMan

KefkaticFanatic

The site is junk and steals off other sites anyways.  There are far better alternatives.

me irl
[close]

Nakah

Any site that's low on funds to provide for itself is clearly not big enough to worth staying up.

Echo

Quote from: PianoMan on July 16, 2008, 08:13:04 PMWtc are those?

iirc, they're the sound files actually used in the games. So rather than being MP3/WAV/whatever recordings of game songs, they're the raw files that gets played by the game.

From what I remember:
NSF = NES
SPC = SNES
USF = N64
GBS = GB
GSF = GBA

Brian

In order to play those chiptunes, you'll need to download plugins for winamp. I'm surprised someone here actually uses them besides me.

Echo

I use them whenever I need hard to find songs from obscure/old games. I get annoyed by the slow seek function though.

PianoMan

Everybody on this site is so mean suddenly...

Dekudude

I like Galbadia Hotel too, but I'm not going to donate. Their layout really ticks me off, making it hard to find songs, and download them... plus, they put the ads in all the wrong places.

PianoMasta7

And I got like 3 viruses from there...

PianoMan

Quote from: Dekudude on July 17, 2008, 09:12:05 AMI like Galbadia Hotel too, but I'm not going to donate. Their layout really ticks me off, making it hard to find songs, and download them... plus, they put the ads in all the wrong places.
Still, tho. I've found songs there that I haven't found anywhere else.

Egnio

My brother told me of a site similar to Galbadiah Hotel, with the very same music (or most of it)

I'll see if I can get the link.
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: PianoMasta7 on July 17, 2008, 10:20:36 AMAnd I got like 3 viruses from there...

That would be from the ads or the forums.  This is why you don't go around clicking random links or downloading "LOL FREE STUFF".

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Quote from: Nakah on July 16, 2008, 09:19:40 PMAny site that's low on funds to provide for itself is clearly not big enough to worth staying up.

It's actually too big, that they cannot afford it. It costs a thousand+ dollars, every month, to keep it up.

But I won't donate a penny for them. Considering how many members are actually there - they should have more then enough donation already.