[NES] Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - "Title Theme" by E. Gadd Industries & Retropardies

Started by Zeta, May 29, 2017, 02:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Title Theme
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arrangers: E. Gadd Industries & Retropardies

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

Meant to do this earlier, but never got around to doing it.
Now that I'm not being flooded with homework and APC tests, it's time I get some sheets on-site!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Crepe, I just realised I submitted the wrong version.
I'll have to update it when I get hooooooome!!!

EDIT: Okay, NOW check it out!
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Bespinben

Re-transcribe m. 1-4.

Delete all key changes -- just let modal mixtures and secondary dominants do their magic.

M. 15 -- Spell as E, not Fb
M. 16; m. 25-32 -- Spell as F#, not Gb

Re-transcribe the lower voice in m. 16, beat 2.5. It's a C, not a D.

If you're going to beam 8ths in groups of 4, don't use ties within the group -- just unbeam into groups of 2, or use a quarter note (note: be consistent).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

E. Gadd Industries

I think I fixed everything. Still not the best at theory, though, so
Quote from: Bespinben on June 02, 2017, 05:20:31 PMDelete all key changes -- just let modal mixtures and secondary dominants do their magic.
this may not be what you had in mind concerning the sheet in one key. (Flats vs. sharps and whatnot)
-The Sign Painter

[close]

Static

Accidentals look good, but you still need to replace some of those ties with quarter notes for consistency (like in m20, 24, 26, 28, and 30). Also, you can replace the tied 8th and quarter in m22 with a dotted quarter.

Also, in m13-15 in the LH there are some notes missing that you should add. Also, in m26, a courtesy F# on beat 1.5 in the RH might be a good idea (Same for m30).

E. Gadd Industries

There we go! In m13-15, I messed with the preexisting rhythm a bit, because on further analysis, I didn't hear any staccato for beats 1.5-3.5.
-The Sign Painter

[close]

Static

Looks good, but make sure to make those LH quarter notes in m13-15 2 tied 8ths instead, like in the RH. In m28, the half note in the RH should be flipped the other way. Also, the spacing in m25-28 is a little awkward. You should respace them.

E. Gadd Industries

Idk why i didn't catch the half note, but there we go! Everything's fixed.

EDIT: If this piece is not accepted by June 17th, I give my permission to the updaters, Sebastian, and Levi to edit this piece as they see necessary in order for it to gain acceptance.
-The Sign Painter

[close]

Sebastian

Sweet work, guys!

In addition to what Static gave, here are a couple things I noticed:
- Courtesy accidentals in M. 15 would be great.
- I'm sure this was intentional, but the first 4 measures consist of 16th notes, not eighth notes.
- The second page title is slightly off alignment. You can center align that.
- The pianissimo is a little high in M. 1. Go ahead and line it up with the crescendo.

Anyway, yeah! All the notes check out. Great work!

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

[close]

Sebastian

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

[close]

Sebastian

Olimar12345

Some of these things may have already been said, but:
-LH m.8 (and again at 12) I'd add a courtesy accidental to the F# since it was just played as a natural.
-RH m.15 I'd add courtesy naturals to both notes on beat one, same reason.
-LH m.13-15 I'd use a quarter note instead of two tied eighth notes on the up beat of three. It would make it easier to read, and you actually do this in the next system.
-LH m.13-15, listening to the original, I don't think that last eighth note in each bar is really staccato. I'd remove them there.

This file has these changes, and if you would like me to, I could update this for you.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!