The NSM Guess-That-Melody Quiz!

Started by LeviR.star, March 17, 2017, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on June 10, 2017, 01:02:43 PM
List
1: 2 | 2: 2 | 3: 3 | 4: 0 | 5: 6 | 6: 6 | 7: 4 | 8: 2 | 9: 7 | 10: 5 | 11: 4 | 12: 1 | 13: 1 | 14: 6 | 15: 1
[close]
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Answers will be posted at approximately 8:30pm AEST. Any delays will probably be out of my control.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

If anyone's still there, answers will be posted in about slightly over an hour.

WaluigiTime64

So... results time. This was an interesting round, I'll give you that.

First off: The melodies:

Spiral Mountain - Banjo-Kazooie:

This was kinda sad. Freaking spiral mountain only got 2 correct guesses. Then again, I used a less commonly known section, so I'll let it slide.
[close]
Shadow Man Stage - Mega Man 3:

I was hoping the fact that this song is in Smash 4 would get it more guesses than the obvious two. Unfortunately not.
[close]
Lilycove City - Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald Versions:

The top 3 people all got this one right. Maybe the section chose was a bit too tricky, but I didn't know which one to pick anyway.
[close]
Bonus Barrel - Donkey Kong 64:

:\

This is one of those songs that "if you've played the game, you will know it", and so naturally nobody's played it. Oh well.
[close]
Professor Oak's Lab - Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow Versions:

Pokemon. Instant mass guesses. 6 people got this one.
[close]
Space Junk Road - Super Mario Galaxy:

This was one of those cases where I tried to pick a popular song, but a less memorable section of it. Didn't work, and 6 people got it.
[close]
Going Shopping in Seaside Town - Super Mario RPG:

I love this song. So do 4 other people. Nice.
[close]
Title Screen - Mario Kart Wii:

*insert screaming mastersuperfan here*

This was another one of those mean cases, except clearly it was more effective. Everyone knows the first section, and even more people know the latter section, considering it's in almost every Mario Kart. My trick did not work on 2 people.
[close]
Forest of Illusion - Super Mario World:

This was meant to be the "give-me" point. Naturally, 8 people got it. If you never played the game, you've heard it in the cartoon. If you've never seen Mama Luigi, there's something wrong with you you may have heard it elsewhere anyway.
[close]
Waluigi Stadium & Wario Colloseum - Mario Kart: Double Dash!!:

Wah. 7 people got this. Beautiful.
[close]
Ringside - Rhythm Heaven Fever:

I picked this song because I figured memes would make it more obvious, much to mastersuperfan's dismay. 4 people got this one.
[close]
Isle o' Hags - Banjo-Tooie:

I picked the hub world theme thinking more people would get it. Shows how many of the people actively guessing have played the game. 1 person got this.
[close]
Plug Man Stage - Mega Man 9

*insert screaming Dudeman here*

Was hoping another person guessing here had played Mega Man 9 who wasn't the one person you know got it. Nevermind I guess.
[close]
Flowering Night - Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View:

I can only pick certain Touhou songs if I want more than 2-3 people guessing them. This one is famous for this remix, but just knowing that wasn't enough. Despite that, 7 people got it.
[close]
Night Battle Music A - Sonic Unleashed:

Anybody who's played this game definitely will know this song. However, the only person who got it did it through memes (I think).
[close]

And the winner is...
Dudeman!
With a score of 10/15. Wonderful playing.
[close]

Everyone's Scores
Dudeman: 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15 [T=10]
mastersuperfan: 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14 [T=9]
Latios212: 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 14 [T=7]
Deku Trombonist: 1, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12 [T=6]
LeviR.star: 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 13 [T=6]
Static: 6, 7, 9, 10, 14 [T=5]
InsigTurtle: 5, 7, 9, 14 [T=4]
Yug_Guy: 5, 11 [T=2]
ThatHiddenCharacter: 7, 9 [T=2]
Dekkadeci: 10, 14 [T=2]
Maelstrom: 14 [T=1]
[close]

Funny Extras:
Quote from: Dudeman#8: Title - Mario Kart Wii (Speaking of pro MKWii players...)
*insert screaming mastersuperfan here (again)*
Quote from: Dudeman#13: I'm sure if you included more it would be painfully obvious. Right now it's dancing irritatingly on the tip of my tongue.
Quote from: DudemanI am quite ready to be upset at 13.
Heh.
Quote from: DudemanHEY IT TURNS OUT TOUHOU IS REALLY EASY TO RECOGNIZE
Quote from: mastersuperfanWhy, of all the tracks you could pick, did you have to pick Ringside, the one Rhythm Heaven track that he knows from HQ rips???
rip
Quote from: mastersuperfanplz help #7 is eating away at my soul
Quote from: InsigTurtle#9-
-Aww, why do I have to go to bed so soon?
-Well, like they say in Brooklyn, early to bed, early to catch the worm. Or, is it the bagel?
- Mmm, worms good. Tell Yoshi bedtime story now. Tell how Luigi find Yoshi, and Yoshi rescue Princess.
- Ok, ok. Well, it all started when Mario, the Princess and I came to Dinosaur World for a vacation.
Quote from: InsigTurtle and WaluigiTime64I: pads
W: do not
I: and knives
W: eh
I: i forgot the actual name
W: the song itself was the meme | shouldn't be hard to look up "<character> theme"
I: "pad knife maid waifu theme"
W: yeah you'll find it eventually
Quote from: LeviR.star and WaluigiTim64, discussing Melody #13W: I'll have you know that no one else has gotten that one.
L: does that mean dudeman hasn't guessed yet?
W: That's the thing. HE HAS.
L: so, how are you spending your 10 dollars?
[close]

ThatHiddenCharacter

How did I miss both Mario Kart songs and the Galaxy song?! I kinda get the Galaxy one, I never really listened to that track, but I know the Mario Kart ones. I even listened to the MKWii title theme when trying to find 10...
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Dekkadeci

ThatHiddenCharacter, I hope you've noticed on the schedule that your quiz hosting had been moved to today and mine had been moved to this Wednesday.

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: Dekkadeci on June 12, 2017, 05:39:27 AMThatHiddenCharacter, I hope you've noticed on the schedule that your quiz hosting had been moved to today and mine had been moved to this Wednesday.
I know mine's today. My quiz is going up when I get home, so 3:00-4:00 EST.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

LeviR.star

Ah, Title Screen from Mario Kart Wii! NOW it sounds familiar! I should have payed more close attention to that one.

THC, not only have i played Super Mario Galaxy, I mainly remember it from this:

Got it in 4th grade from my grandparents. Listened to it all the time in my room.

Also, Insig is apparently a fan of Super Mario World (the cartoon) as I am. We are making great friends.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Dudeman

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on June 12, 2017, 03:32:39 AM
Spiral Mountain - Banjo-Kazooie:

This was kinda sad. Freaking spiral mountain only got 2 correct guesses. Then again, I used a less commonly known section, so I'll let it slide.
[close]
UGH IT WAS SERIOUSLY JUST SPIRAL MOUNTAIN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Bonus Barrel - Donkey Kong 64:

:\

This is one of those songs that "if you've played the game, you will know it", and so naturally nobody's played it. Oh well.
[close]
fuckin' beavers
Plug Man Stage - Mega Man 9

*insert screaming Dudeman here*

Was hoping another person guessing here had played Mega Man 9 who wasn't the one person you know got it. Nevermind I guess.
[close]
deep breath
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[/i]
[close]
I will take issue with how you did not include the part that should be playing at the beginning of measures 96 and 100. That's vital, I say! Vital!
Night Battle Music A - Sonic Unleashed:

Anybody who's played this game definitely will know this song. However, the only person who got it did it through memes (I think).
[close]
Memes indeed. WE ARE NUMBER ONE   HEY
Funny Extras:
Quote from: LeviR.star and WaluigiTim64, discussing Melody #13W: I'll have you know that no one else has gotten that one.
L: does that mean dudeman hasn't guessed yet?
W: That's the thing. HE HAS.
L: so, how are you spending your 10 dollars?
[close]
NO SERIOUSLY I TAKE ISSUE WITH YOUR TRANCRIPTION
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: Dudeman on June 12, 2017, 09:51:57 AMNO SERIOUSLY I TAKE ISSUE WITH YOUR TRANCRIPTION

Time to stop making excuses, Dudeman. It's just 10 dollars.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

You see, this is a melody quiz, and so I decided to put in the melody, not the accompaniment. Thank you.

Dudeman

b-but the way it's used in that instance makes it the melody and not the accompaniment

I can't believe I'm arguing when I won the quiz
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mastersuperfan

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on June 12, 2017, 03:32:39 AM
Title Screen - Mario Kart Wii:

*insert screaming mastersuperfan here*

This was another one of those mean cases, except clearly it was more effective. Everyone knows the first section, and even more people know the latter section, considering it's in almost every Mario Kart. My trick did not work on 2 people.
[close]

ffffffff I knew it was familiar, those last three measures especially

But in my defense, I have custom music modded for my MKWii title screen because I don't even like this one that much.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: mastersuperfan on June 12, 2017, 01:22:17 PMBut in my defense, I have custom music modded for my MKWii title screen because I don't even like this one that much.
D:

mastersuperfan

DS one's where it's at brah, that's what I have playing instead
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.