News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

ALPRAS's Arrangements - New Zelda Skyward Sword Arr.!!

Started by ALPRAS, July 09, 2008, 04:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think about my arrangements»

Perfect
Good
Mediocre
Horrible
you really dont know how to arrange

Yugi

NasiDe

Yeah, I checked it out. I think it's really fantastic! Would definitely love to play it!

I do think there could be improvements for sure though. I'm going to put aside the last page though (because I really am an over-stickler over rests and making notes as compressed as they can [i.e.: making the separated eighths on the last page into quarter rests and changing other rests into half rests with an eighth rest before them, etc.] and I can edit those parts for myself if I really want to).

(A few hours later.)
I was going to say I have feedback regarding the difference in volume between the bass and treble clef, but I've since re-listened to the song and it sounds actually tons more accurate and generally right than I thought. You did a fantastic job!! I can't help but wait to try playing!

TheZeldaPianist275

Also, it's "Ghirahim", not "Girahim".  You should also probably keep the game name on one line.

But other than that, I like it.  Good job :)

ALPRAS

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on September 06, 2013, 06:08:40 PMAlso, it's "Ghirahim", not "Girahim".  You should also probably keep the game name on one line.

But other than that, I like it.  Good job :)

Yeah, my bad, I really thought it was Girahim...
Thanks for warning me!

Quote from: Ganondorf on September 06, 2013, 05:58:48 PMYeah, I checked it out. I think it's really fantastic! Would definitely love to play it!

I do think there could be improvements for sure though. I'm going to put aside the last page though (because I really am an over-stickler over rests and making notes as compressed as they can [i.e.: making the separated eighths on the last page into quarter rests and changing other rests into half rests with an eighth rest before them, etc.] and I can edit those parts for myself if I really want to).

(A few hours later.)
I was going to say I have feedback regarding the difference in volume between the bass and treble clef, but I've since re-listened to the song and it sounds actually tons more accurate and generally right than I thought. You did a fantastic job!! I can't help but wait to try playing!

I know what you're saying, I prefer that way too, but since it's a 6/8, sometimes using two 8th rests is more correct than one quarter rest in some parts... In the last page (I think you're talking measure 47), I cant compress the 16th rest because its a tuplet rest, its really needed there...
Later, tell me if it's comfortable for you to play :)

EDIT: Fixed some stuff:
-corrected Ghirahim's name in the sheet
-put the game name in one line
-hide some rests
-fixed some layering problems
-added 2 notes to the 1st chord in measure 48.

NasiDe

I didn't even notice the formatting and spelling issues... x'D

Huh, I didn't know that. That's interesting. I've always converted it just because I felt like it should be as compressed as possible and stuff. And yeah. I understand the triplet spot. Took me a moment during my editing to realize what I was screwing up. Don't really remember which measures at this point though.

Yeah, I will. I'm not the best piano player (especially with left hand jumps like that) so it might take a bit for me, but I'll definitely give my feedback!

Edit: Well, this sucks. There's no good nearby piano that I can find. I'm sorry. :/

ALPRAS

Quote from: Ganondorf on September 06, 2013, 07:35:14 PMYeah, I will. I'm not the best piano player (especially with left hand jumps like that) so it might take a bit for me, but I'll definitely give my feedback!

Edit: Well, this sucks. There's no good nearby piano that I can find. I'm sorry. :/

Well, you don't need to give me feedback right now, give me when you can :)