The NEW bad points

Started by Gooch, July 08, 2008, 07:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

He would point it at North Korea or Iran and get us pwnt.

me irl
[close]

Brawler4Ever

I believe that if you go out of your way to kill something, it's murder. If you shoot a bird for fun, and leave it there, that's murder. If you collect it for food, it's not.

War? If you are in war, you are justified, only if you do what you have to do in the war. You fight, you kill, etc. Those are ok. But if you go out of your way to kill civilians, or POW's, for example, it's murder.

Those are my beliefs.
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

KefkaticFanatic

It's called controlling the population of animals.

me irl
[close]

Palagerini

Quote from: Gamer4250 on July 11, 2008, 09:34:24 AMIt's called controlling the population of animals.

Circle of Life? lol
Conversation on Shoddy Battle:
<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah. i sent them to her dad

Before you post you might want to make sure you have a couple of these: ..!!??,,,

Feel free to place them wherever.

Composer #40

We should use an entire super fleet of bombers to kill our enemies!

Sorry, I'm a war mongrel, to many war games.

It happens Every. Day!

KefkaticFanatic

Yes, and make every country in the world pwn us like they did to the Nazis.

me irl
[close]

Concerto No.20 in D minor

I'd like to erase all of the sheets on the site and ban all the members.  Does that count?

DBJack

Your ideas don't match your avatar caption, concerto.

Failure...

You're doing it wrong! Failure!

Nakah

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on July 11, 2008, 05:58:59 AMI believe that if you go out of your way to kill something, it's murder. If you shoot a bird for fun, and leave it there, that's murder. If you collect it for food, it's not.

War? If you are in war, you are justified, only if you do what you have to do in the war. You fight, you kill, etc. Those are ok. But if you go out of your way to kill civilians, or POW's, for example, it's murder.

Those are my beliefs.

What justifies murder in war? If you hold the commandment "Thou shall not kill." to be morally true, then soldiers are not justified in killing one another because war itself is not justified. It is the primitive form of resolving conflict. If murder is wrong, as is war. You can't say "well it's wrong for some things" because our soldiers share the same characteristics as civilians witnessing a war. If they kill other soldiers, despite what you may not want to think, they to are killing soldiers who are no different than other civilians, they're people who are fighting for their country. You must see it from both sides. American soldiers killing Iraqi's is murder to the individuals who die. Vice versa.

Quote from: Gamer4250People whining about how things are "creatures of God" pisses me off.  It's a fucking ant. Billions are going to die anyways by accident, it isn't going to matter if you kill one off.  Those cows were meant to be eaten.  Please go die stupid vegetarians with no good reason for not eating meat other than "omg they are creatures of God we r have to luv dems"

You can't diminish the value of a creature due to it's insignificance. If the death of ants isn't dramatic, then the death of humans is equal to this. Humans die and are born everyday. All animals are. You're saying that because there are many ants and they are small, their value is less. I think it's a matter of seeing things equal. It's only irritating if someone's ignorantly trying to defend their lives without reason and using religion. It's all part of Life.

Quote from: Gamer4250Yes, but we all know that Walt Disney was a terrible evil man so nothing by him can be used to support any argument that isn't stating he was a Nazi.

True, Walt Disney did hate Jewish people. Except many people do, so it's not like it's something significant. It's also a belief that he was a conspiracist, in many of his movies subliminal texts, messages, or themes point to the beliefs of many secret societies(see: The DaVinci Code, google, or The Lion King).

---The Werewolf Game, Try it out! It's free.

Composer #40

Don't turn in into a religious topic again! >:(

It happens Every. Day!

Dude

Quote from: Composer #40 on July 14, 2008, 08:21:03 AMDon't turn in into a religious topic again! >:(
Wow, already? That was quick...  :-\

Nakah

I wasn't I was stating the moral values of religion, not the actual belief itself in the quote "thou shall not kill." It's  obvious all religious debates would not go anywhere. Also nowhere else in my post is it relating to religion.

DBJack

I used to go to a philosophy club. Then we hit religion. Curse you Nietzchse! The rest of the year,they never got over it. Religion really does muck up logic most of the time, eh?

But I agree with some of the things said. It is difficult, even impossible, to argue with someone behind a veil of emotion. For example, talk about abortion and stem cells, and see people start to fight, even if they don't know what the hell they argue about. People often form emotions with topics that are abstract to them, and because these emotions are their identity, and these emotions are wrapped up in the topic, discussions of the topic are viewed as a direct attack on that person. Let's say, someone says, "Hey, let's kill all of the people so severly mentally disabled that they can't care for themselves." Yes, it is completely devoid of all emotion and empathy, but it saves resources for those that will make major world contributions. However, his idea will never be accepted, because too few will see the logic of it, and opt to defend a topic that is most likely detrimental to them. But this is a big example. These kinds of emotion overloads occur all the time in many subjects, and make persuasion difficult. Thoughts?

See, I redirected the discussion from that r-word.

You're doing it wrong! Failure!