Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario Kart DS
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Peach Gardens
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

Moved an A in the LH of bar 25 down an octave so it wouldn't interfere with the melody, but other than that I thought this one was fairly straightforward. Fun little piece.

mastersuperfan

Some feedback:

• There's a missing beat with a rest between the first and the second measure.
  • There should be a dynamic marking in the first measure.
  • I'm not sure I see the need for 4/2, 6/4, and a half-note metronome marking here. I hear the piece as alternating between 3/4 and 6/8. (Admittedly, changing it to this would make the first measure a bit wonky with my first point, since you'd have to use a 7/8 measure or split it into something more convenient.)
  • Personally, I would indicate the key changes in the last 8 measures, with m22-25 being in F major, m26-27 being in D major and m28-29 being in D minor. (If you do this, it might be better just to use D major for m26-29 since they have the same tonic and thus it might not be worth making another one for D minor. Someone else's opinion could be useful here.)

Other than that, great arrangement! I love this track but have always found the changing time and key signature a bit wonky, so I've never tried to arrange it myself, but you've done a nice job here.

Now that I've listened to it again, it almost sounds like something from Super Paper Mario...
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Static

Finally got around to making these changes. I added the missing beat and dynamic marking at the beginning, and also changed the time to 3/4. 6/4 is just a pain to read, and it feels more like a fast 3/4 anyway.

About the key signatures though... I'm usually not a big fan of changing key for really small sections (like in this song), so I'm just going to keep the signature as G and notate the modulations with accidentals. That's my preference at least, but if you or anyone else thinks that I should put in the key changes, I'll gladly do so. This is a really weird song lol

Anyway, thanks for the feedback! All the files should be updated.

Latios212

This is superb. Our MKDS section on site is slowly getting there.....
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot