News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

NinSunMoon: NinSheetMusic Official Friendly Semicompetitive Professional Tourney

Started by mikey, January 05, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

daj

Forfeiting to Nebbles.

Timezones aren't working out, schedule is actually kinda packed, and Nebbles would win anyway xD

mikey

I won't make a note of it until later this week, in case you're able to squeeze something in
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Echo

> Clicks Earthquake because game says it would be "Effective"
> Mismagius's Levitate triggered

RIP all my credibility as a player

mikey

thanks guys that just leaves Latios vs Slow
(again the two pokemon themed players)
if you guys could somehow get your matches in by next monday that'd be fantastic thanks

yeah aegislash is a busted one that's for sure
essentially has both 150 defense stats and offense stats
unmotivated

FireArrow

Yeah its a pretty damn good pokemon. I was mostly commenting on how I had to guess right two 50/50s in a row to win :c

mikey

you know there's a power level issue when you keep losing to the "Echo AI"

I finally beat echo's ai but jeez
JEEZ
unmotivated

Echo

Quick ruling question: We're not allowed to use anything that requires transferring, including egg moves/abilities, right?

Specific example: Mamoswine in Sun/Moon only gets Oblivious as an ability through Island Scan. Therefore, I wouldn't be allowed to transfer a Thick Fat Mamoswine and then breed a new Thick Fat Mamoswine for the tournament, right?

Just wondering because I'm about to raise another Mamoswine anyways, but just checking whether I can use it or not.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 01, 2017, 09:46:55 AMyeah aegislash is a busted one that's for sure
essentially has both 150 defense stats and offense stats

*roughly base 100 offense and defense stats when you look at how its damage output and bulk compare with other Pokemon, because of Aegislash having to use weak 80 BP moves and having 50 base HP to tone it down. Still really good, and the typing pushes it over the top, but let's not get carried away and say that it's a menace like Salamence or Greninja, who get crazy high stats on top of 100+ BP moves.

Quote from: FireArrow on March 01, 2017, 11:44:18 AMYeah its a pretty damn good pokemon. I was mostly commenting on how I had to guess right two 50/50s in a row to win :c

I thought for sure you'd switch at the start becuase you were under the Taunt > King's Shield combo. :c

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 01, 2017, 12:31:04 PMyou know there's a power level issue when you keep losing to the "Echo AI"

I finally beat echo's ai but jeez
JEEZ

In case it makes you feel better if we get paired up, the AI's probably better than me right now. >_>

mikey

while I don't think the rules specifically state you CAN'T do that, the spirit of the rules would want your pokemon to adhere to SM's pre-pokebank legality.
If thick fat is Mamoswine's Hidden Ability, then no, you can't use it.  If it's one of its 2 abilities, using an Ability Capsule should give it to you, so you can transfer a Thick Fat Mamoswine since it's legal.

edit: this applies to tutor moves too.  If a pokemon can learn an egg move in SM but that move was a tutor move transferred to it from XYORAS, that wouldn't be allowed.  Heal Bell and most entry hazards are both major pains to find good mons for, for example, because you don't have the tutors from previous games.
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: Echo on March 01, 2017, 03:12:49 PMI thought for sure you'd switch at the start becuase you were under the Taunt > King's Shield combo. :c

I probably would of but you messaged me on skype about it and I'm like "Wait, monoghost he's just gonna OHKO my switch in if it's a bait."

SlowPokemon

Why did no one tell me this was moving forward? @Latios when do u wanna smash
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

No I just figured when it happened someone would tell me it was going on

Did you all forget I left hah
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

FireArrow