News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

NinSunMoon: NinSheetMusic Official Friendly Semicompetitive Professional Tourney

Started by mikey, January 05, 2017, 08:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Not sure how that would work, but I'd rather make my own team instead unless the competition is in a week or less.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

The exhibition games start after signups and last for about 10 days.  What you can do is Google the QR code of a team and scan it when you join a link battle.  We can test it out if you want
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

If I need to use the same team for exhibition as for the actual tournament, then... well, I guess I'll opt out, then. Sorry. :/ I can't seem to find it now, but I could've sworn someone said that the matches would start after the Pokébank update, so I figured I had enough time. Oh, well. Hopefully you can get someone else to sign up in my place.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mikey

you don't need to use the same team.  The exhibition games are for you to get a feel for your team in this particular environment.  As the rules state, you may make a final change to your roster after exhibition games end.  How great of a change that is isn't specified.
You could also consider a sub optimal team.  I'm sure you'd do plenty well with an ingame team after changing their EVs.
Remember, you don't need to level up a team; they'll be automatically set to 50.

EDIT: you do realize the pokebank update is in 3 days right
unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2017, 07:38:08 PMyou don't need to use the same team.  The exhibition games are for you to get a feel for your team in this particular environment.  As the rules state, you may make a final change to your roster after exhibition games end.  How great of a change that is isn't specified.
You could also consider a sub optimal team.  I'm sure you'd do plenty well with an ingame team after changing their EVs.
Remember, you don't need to level up a team; they'll be automatically set to 50.

Oh, really? I also could've sworn it was mentioned that you could only change one Pokémon after the exhibition games... maybe I'm imagining things.

In that case, I suppose I'll just use my in-game team for the exhibition matches and prepare a different team for the tournament. I guess my team for the exhibition matches will be:

Primarina
Ribombee
Wigglytuff
Ninetales-A
Granbull
Solgaleo / Kartana (because Comfey is pretty useless tbh and I can make use of a legendary/UB; I'll decide on which one later)

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 14, 2017, 07:38:08 PMEDIT: you do realize the pokebank update is in 3 days right

Wait, it is? I thought the date was still unannounced because people online were still trying to figure out the date a few days ago...

Echo

Finally finished my Stoutland Spin breeding for a Weavile with Egg Moves (which better be worth it because Weavile was the filler mon :/)

Gyarados
Salamence
Weavile
Mamoswine
Aegislash
Greninja

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 14, 2017, 07:43:50 PMWait, it is? I thought the date was still unannounced because people online were still trying to figure out the date a few days ago...

The 17th is an assumption based on I think Battle Spot allowing National Dex or something.

mikey

SIGNUPS HAVE NOW ENDED, BECAUSE I SAY SO.
EXHIBITION MATCHES HAVE BEGUN!  YOU MAY MAKE ONE (1) OFFICIAL ROSTER CHANGE DURING THIS PERIOD.  EXHIBITION MATCHES LAST UNTIL JANUARY 27TH, FRIDAY AFTER NEXT.
HERE IS HOW THE MATCHUPS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN:  EACH PLAYER WAS RANDOMIZED IN A LIST USING RANDOM.ORG.  PLAYER 1 WILL PLAY PLAYER 2, PLAYER 3 VS 4, AND SO ON.  WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, HERE IS THE LINEUP:

1+2 SlowPokemon vs dajwxp!
3+4 Echo vs mastersuperfan!
5+6 Dudeman vs Nebbles!
7+8 Latios212 vs NocturneOfShadow!
9+10 FireArrow vs DocDoom2!

BEGIN!
To schedule matches, please contact your opponent directly.  Failure to play an exhibition match will result in a sadface :(.
The winners of each match will be awarded one (1) smileyface :).

I WILL SOON MAKE THE OP LOOK PRETTY.
unmotivated

mikey

Latios212 and SlowPokemon, you don't technically need to get your rosters in, but if you don't do so by tonight whatever roster you end up posting to the thread will be your final one.
(Ironic that the 2 pokemon themed usernames haven't got their pokemon names in yet)
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 16, 2017, 05:20:51 PMEXHIBITION MATCHES HAVE BEGUN!  YOU MAY MAKE ONE (1) OFFICIAL ROSTER CHANGE DURING THIS PERIOD.
Can this change happen any time, or does it have to happen before/after the scheduled match?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

SlowPokemon

Haven't totally decided, but I was thinking about using my in game team:

Decidueye
Slowbro
Salazzle
Togedemaru
Mimikyu
Kommo-o
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

It can happen at any time, but doing so afterwards gives you the most information
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Do I have to participate in exhibition matches? I really don't want to

Also January 27-29 is the online Alola Friendly competition and I want the 50 BP from participating, so the real competition can't take place until at least the 30th, unless you want to do it before the 27th

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon