News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Started by Dudeman, December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Dude, your suspicion of me is only based on my last vote. If anything, it makes you look like you're trying to waste another lynch on me and avoid the fact that you have been about as helpful as noc so far.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dude

It looked more like you were protecting e gadd tho but whatever

mikey

unmotivated

TheZeldaPianist275

Wow, at each other's throats.  This got intense.

Suspicion list/comments:
9-7. TZP, daj, & Noc: Noc, you realize this is a game predicated on deception, right?  Saying "I'm human" is not a valid argument, because everyone can say it, and two people will be lying.  I'm not sure that you realize that FA's and Olimar's points against you were valid and that repeating "I'm innocent" ad nauseam convinces no one.  More confirmed humans, though.
6. Maelstrom: obviously.  Literally nothing suspicious.
5. FA: being consistently logical and helpful.  While davy was alive, I think his wariness of you was validated, but since then you've contributed so much more and I really don't see any of your behavior as fishy.
4. Dude: I don't know....?  I'm finding it hard to get a read
3. BDS: Same as above, but I'm more suspicious of you because it's more out of character for you to be as quiet as you have.  You're just not talking that much
2. Olimar: big jump up here.  I feel like you're playing identically to last game, i.e. frequently saying reasonably obvious things without too strong of a lead and occasionally acting jumpy when someone mentions a suspicion of you.
1. E. Gadd: see FA's post on page 11.  Most of your behavior strikes me as a somewhat inexperienced wolf.  You seem like you're trying to be okay with getting Lookered while not putting yourself out there that much.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dude on January 01, 2017, 04:28:28 PMfa is third for me too as my suspicion isn't quite gone yet.

wow, I read this totally incorrectly (I need a break from the computer for a while...). Thought you said this:

Quote from: Dude on January 01, 2017, 04:28:28 PMfa is third for me too as my suspicion of olimar isn't quite gone yet.

9___9

Quote from: Dude on January 01, 2017, 04:43:11 PMIt looked more like you were protecting e gadd tho but whatever

Reread the log, I was keeping the spotlight on him throughout the chat (while he was there). I even flat out told him that his reasonings were shit. Here are some highlights:

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 01, 2017, 11:16:40 AM
Spoiler
E. Gadd Industries - Yesterday at 11:51 PM
I don't know why, but I'm super suspicious of both Oli and BDS
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Ooooh egadd let's hear about your suspicions about me
E. Gadd Industries - Yesterday at 11:54 PM
And huh, someone actually noticed my suspicion post
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 11:54 PM
Well I mean we're both online
And we've talked about noc all day
I want to hear what you have to say about BDS and me
Since you seem to be the least experienced player (your words, not mine)
(Iirc)
E. Gadd Industries - Yesterday at 11:56 PM
You're correct in saying that I have little experience. I believe least experience, but if not, one of the lowest
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 11:56 PM
I've got nothing on BDS yet so that will be good too
E. Gadd Industries - Yesterday at 11:56 PM
^^^That's one thing
Amidst all the pointing fingers and such, you both seem to not really be pointing at each other
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 11:57 PM
That's a good observation
But we could say that about many people
E. Gadd Industries - Yesterday at 11:57 PM
:smile: I did something right!
Who else could we say that about?
emcee - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
me and dude
you and FA
these are the most likely wolf pairings atm
but I'm not a wolf
E. Gadd Industries - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
ME? I've been suspicious of lotsa people XD
emcee - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
so
Olimar12345 - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
Well keeping me, tzp and you are two people that would seem to fit that bill
emcee - Yesterday at 11:59 PM
TZP is giving me a human read- the thing is, he's a very good player
January 1, 2017
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:00 AM
Since I posted that I don't have leads on you (egadd), tzp, and BDS, what makes the relationship between me and BDS stronger than the other possibilities? (Other than one of them being yourself)
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:00 AM
Think about it from a different perspective than your own
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:02 AM
Well, TZP hasn't really been all that active, and I don't think wolves could survive all that well as a team with one not being that active
And then ofc there's me
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:03 AM
Inactivity can be an illusion
emcee - Today at 12:03 AM
^
Tzp was last online yesterday
emcee - Today at 12:03 AM
tzp has been active
^
Just not very much in public
emcee - Today at 12:04 AM
he's a pretty quiet careful player
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:04 AM
And? He could be watching everything that unfolds
That too
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:04 AM
So that he doesn't screw up (cont from my other post)
emcee - Today at 12:04 AM
yes, he's very careful not to screw up
I guess that means as a wolf he'd be less inclined to make accusations or speak out
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:05 AM
Being a wolf you wouldn't want to stand from the crowd.
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:06 AM
Exactly, which is what everyone is trying to do
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:06 AM
*could be trying to do

later

E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:11 AM
Rip
If I get voted, and WHEN I'm cleared, you guys need to Bag me.
emcee - Today at 12:15 AM
why
why bag you
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:15 AM
Because I'll be confirmed human
*Pokemon
Gerik - Today at 12:15 AM
You're not even getting lynched
emcee - Today at 12:15 AM
so is daj though
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:16 AM
Hence, I said "If"
^^To FA
Gerik - Today at 12:16 AM
You've been constantly planning for your lynch dude
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:17 AM
@FA yes, I have been, because what if?
I'm planning for worst-case scenario
Gerik - Today at 12:17 AM
Worst case scenario is we lynch a human
regardless of whether that human is you or not
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:18 AM
I'm speaking of a personal level WCS
emcee - Today at 12:18 AM
worst case scenario is we lynch me
over you
Gerik - Today at 12:19 AM
It's really wolfy that right now you seem more concerned with your lynch than Noc's right now
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:19 AM
Honestly, it's being to seem like Noc's right. But that may be sleep-deprivation
Als ninja'd
*ALSO
*beginning
Gerik - Today at 12:19 AM
Since humans don't actually die to the lynch that makes no sense anyways
It's not any worse for you to be cleared than another human
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:20 AM
But, Mealstrom said we only have 2 mislynches
In all caps, too. It was slightly terrifying.
Gerik - Today at 12:20 AM
In fact if you're being selfish, you'd want to lynch yourself (hence why I called noc selfish if he's human(
at least over another human
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:21 AM
FA is right. Lynching a human hurts regardless of who it is
But doesn't kill said himan
Also hi fa
Gerik - Today at 12:21 AM
I mean, even saying something like "bag me" is incredibly weird
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:21 AM
^
Gerik - Today at 12:21 AM
since we already have two confirmed humans
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:22 AM
Oh hella
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:22 AM
So what happens to the other confirmed humans?
?
Gerik - Today at 12:22 AM
they get wolfed
I guess
What do you mean?
We'll bag two
One being mael
Gerik - Today at 12:22 AM
What we'd do is have people randomly use their second vote between the confirmed human
with one for sure being on mael
emcee - Today at 12:23 AM
this game has so many arbitrary rules and renames
for flavor purposes
it really bothers me
Gerik - Today at 12:23 AM
eh that's why people liked it though
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:23 AM
Meh
It gives it a lot of personality
You're game was better imo
I didn't make it look pretty enough
Less confusing off the bat
It was a mystery game it could be complete shit for all we know ;3
I think the gimmick is actually pretty interesting
Gerik - Today at 12:24 AM
I dunno if I saw a game with that gimmick not flavored for sun and moon I'd be like "too complicated and weird next"
emcee - Today at 12:24 AM
that's good game design, when you can add a simple twist to add layers of gameplay complexity, not comprehension complexity
Gerik - Today at 12:24 AM
but since it made flavor sense I thought it was pretty cool

Don't forget this:

Olimar12345 - Today at 12:25 AM
But anyway, egadd: going back 20 pages, you never really explained your great suspicion of BDS
Other than that I didn't currently have suspicions of him
(Which really should mean anything since these things change with time)
Gerik - Today at 12:26 AM
that's a good question
I think I'm changing my vote to E gadd actually
I'm equally suspicous of both ya'll
but I have a history of being wrong with noc
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:26 AM
I can explain it in all these complex reasons and such, but in all honesty, my suspicion of the both of you amounts to one thing:
Instinct
emcee - Today at 12:27 AM
ink rollers man
why do they 1 shot kill
Olimar12345 - Today at 12:27 AM
Boo
emcee - Today at 12:27 AM
everything
Weak
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:27 AM
I know it is
Base it off something we can see or relate to
Not superstition
E. Gadd Industries - Today at 12:27 AM
I can't, if we get right down to the core
That's not how you twg d:

[close]

Oh god ninjad some more ughhhh

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 01, 2017, 04:58:31 PMReread the log, I was keeping the spotlight on him throughout the chat (while he was there). I even flat out told him that his reasonings were shit. Here are some highlights:
Note that I agreed my rationale was crap.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 01, 2017, 04:50:36 PM3. BDS: Same as above, but I'm more suspicious of you because it's more out of character for you to be as quiet as you have.  You're just not talking that much
I think it's fairly average for me. On LLF at least, there were entire games where I didn't even use the chat, and only made a few minor posts and a couple larger posts; in games with even less activity, it's harder to post more than what I've already said. Plus laziness.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dude

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 01, 2017, 04:58:31 PMReread the log, I was keeping the spotlight on him throughout the chat (while he was there). I even flat out told him that his reasonings were shit. Here are some highlights:
wouldn't that be more of a reason to vote him to be checked?

FireArrow

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on January 01, 2017, 06:51:37 PMI think it's fairly average for me. On LLF at least, there were entire games where I didn't even use the chat, and only made a few minor posts and a couple larger posts; in games with even less activity, it's harder to post more than what I've already said. Plus laziness.

This game is pretty active though.

mikey

I still need to send in my PMs.  One on mael, but what's the second one?  Are we going through with the random plan even though it's terrible?
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: Dude on January 01, 2017, 08:19:06 PMwouldn't that be more of a reason to vote him to be checked?

Yeah, but I'd hate to waste a lynch on Egadd if he comes back as another human... I thought noc was playing badly and voted for him and don't feel like repeating that mistake. I'd rather wait to see what Egadd does next before I solidify my next vote on him.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 01, 2017, 08:37:03 PMI still need to send in my PMs.  One on mael, but what's the second one?  Are we going through with the random plan even though it's terrible?

Yes, we are. Terrible or not, it's the only thing we can really do.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 01, 2017, 08:37:03 PMI still need to send in my PMs.  One on mael, but what's the second one?  Are we going through with the random plan even though it's terrible?

To be perfectly honest, there's nothing terrible about the "random plan".  It forces the wolves to choose between an uncertain kill on a confirmed human, or a definite kill on an unconfirmed human.  Objectively speaking, this is a dominant strategy.

To parse, in case you're only kind of paying attention: vote for Maelstrom and flip a coin for Noc and Daj.

Dudeman, couple relevant questions on the rules.

Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PMIf they capture Lillie, the Bag will only have one open spot on the next Night Phase (this cannot occur two Night Phases in a row; capturing Lillie twice in a row will do nothing).

1. What does it mean for Lillie to be captured two times in a row?  Doesn't capture=wolf in your game's lingo?

Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PM3. Exeggutor: Its neck is so long that it takes up an extra spot in the Bag and the other Pokémon is forced out (at random, if the Bag has three spots). The first time this occurs, the other Pokémon becomes so confused that it cannot be captured that phase.

2. Correct me if I'm wrong: say we bag Noc tonight, and he turns out to be Exeggutor.  This then means that Maelstrom would be forced out, and able to be lynched the next day phase?  But then you say the other Pokémon becomes so confused that it cannot be captured.  Doesn't that defeat the purpose of Exeggutor forcing the other Pokemon out, then?

I think that's all for now, although I'm still not super clear on how Mimikyu works.

FireArrow

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on January 01, 2017, 04:50:36 PM2. Olimar: big jump up here.  I feel like you're playing identically to last game, i.e. frequently saying reasonably obvious things without too strong of a lead and occasionally acting jumpy when someone mentions a suspicion of you.

Is anyone familiar with Olimar's human playstyle? I agree, he's behaving exactly the same way he does when he's a wolf. I'm just unsure if that's also his human playstyle, since nearly every game I've played with him he's been a wolf.

E. Gadd Industries

I'm not all that familiar with it; it's been a while since I last played. I did send in my vote last night.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]