News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Started by Dudeman, December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 28, 2016, 05:46:29 AMGranted, I'm trying to be a bit more involved in the game, but I'm still learning. Which is why I'm never good at these things.
In response to Noc^^^

Also, guys, I had a dream about TWG last night. It was WEIRD.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

Olimar12345

So we have a decision to make: are we going to seer/lynch dude/noc, or someone else?
Seering dude/noc pros
-we possibly confirm a human
-we possibly kill a wolf
-we end the suspicion on one of them

Cons
-we waste a lynch/seering on humans that are playing shitty
-suspicion increases on the one we don't check, which could possibly result in another mislynch.

What will we do?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Im voting for e gadd .  Originally i wanted to be suspicious enough to get screened myself, but as awesome as it would be to be confirmed, id rather find potential wolves than clear myself, and i think e gadd is a good place to start.
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

See, I don't like making this choice this early in the game. Idk, it seems there's too much at stake. I mean, sure, we'll get a conclusive  answer concerning whomever is chosen, but still, if they're human, no progress is made. And this the wolves yet another night to kill someone off/develop their strategy. Besides, what about if the person we send in is human? Who will be Bagged? Sure, Mealstrom, but what about the other two humans? One will be Bagged, and the other... wolfmeat. This vote is crucial; the wolves got davy, so they now have one vote, yes? For the bagging, that is. If they get another human, won't they get their full 2 votes? And then what? The Wolves will basically run the board with Bag voting.

Also, ninja'd by Noc.
I don't want to waste a perfectly good vote on a human, but there's no way I can prove my humanity any more than the next guy (unless you're daj, davy's ghost, or Maelstrom). Honestly, if anything, Oli seems as suspicious as anyone to me. Problem is, i don't think I could build enough of a convincing argument without using the word "instinct" or the phrase "I just have that feeling" that Dude used for me, so I'm waiting to cast my vote.
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

mikey

I stole my brothers tablet and will try to be in the chat as long as i can
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

Dude

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 31, 2016, 10:10:00 AMIm voting for e gadd .  Originally i wanted to be suspicious enough to get screened myself, but as awesome as it would be to be confirmed, id rather find potential wolves than clear myself, and i think e gadd is a good place to start.

You do realize that "I think he's suspicous" is an uterrly BS reason to lynch. Make a case against him. Quote posts, analyze them, tell us what exactly about his behavior you find suspicous so we have an oppurtunity to agree or disagree with you.

My thoughts currently are:
Dude: He's usually inactive and trolling. This time however, he's obviously active, just avoiding participating in any important discussion while refusing to be constructive (see: him telling noc to use discord whilst completely ignoring the fact that egadd posted a defense against his and noc's accusation.)

Olimar: He's being helpful, but all his posts are extremely obvious things (yes, thank you for clarifying that lynching dude or noc means we may or may not hit a wolf) whilst not taking any actual stance on things. "Hey guys, [insert really obvious information], what should we do" is pretty textbook wolf behavior. You look like your helping without bringing anything new to the table while avoiding putting anyone against you by not actually taking sides. There's also that thing with him asking for the chat while never actually using it. Tied with dude as my second prefered lynch.

E. Gadd: His posts are just really uncomfortable and confused in a way that screams "I don't really know how to make it look like I'm helping" rather than usual "I'm human and I'm confused." This isn't much to build a case off of.

NocturneOfShadow: He voted for himself to "prove that he was human." Wasting a human lynch to prove your humanity is extremely bad for humans. It's still a fucking mislynch, whether or not you actually die from it. Not only that, but you quickly retracted your vote to go after E gadd. You showed no desire in actually following through with your self vote. Out of everyone, your behavior jumps out the most to me and why I'd prefer your lynch.

I usually suspect Noc and then I'm dead wrong, but that's because I alwayd misinterpret his jokes. This time it's actually based on posts he meant to be taking seriously, so I'm a bit more comfortable with it. Anyways, one of these days I'm going to actually be right and give him a pass because I'm wrong >_>
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

alright this works too
NocturneOfShadow
unmotivated

FireArrow

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 31, 2016, 02:14:42 PMalright this works too
NocturneOfShadow

If you were human, it would be in your best interest to defend yourself. If I'm not mistaken, a mislynch today means we have to lynch a wolf next phase.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

mikey

I don't really care, cause you're being dumb.  Either vote for an actual wolf or accept blame for the mislynch.
unmotivated

mikey

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 27, 2016, 05:31:01 PMStill, Nebby wins with the Pokémon, and so even if Nebby is Bagged, yet the Pokémon win, it doesn't really matter. Nebby still wins. Honestly, to me, that win condition seems like one of those "extra missions" that you redo a level for just to focus on one thing the entire time. A "peripheral" win condition of sorts. So I guess it depends on Nebby's confidence in both themselves and in the Pokémon crew as a whole as to whether they should claim or not.

Also, Ninja'D. Daj, you didn't capitalize Bag.
Wishy-washy post about the strategy behind nebby claim.  Most likely stemming from not a full comprehension of the rules
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 27, 2016, 05:38:21 PMForgive me, but where does it say that.

Also, you seem really adamant about getting your point across that you're Nebby. One thing I can't get past, though, is how you were so strongly advising Nebby to stay undercover here:Highly contradicting, considering you claimed at the bottom of the very same post.
most humanish post I've seen from him technically, but it can also be read as him pushing an early target (which was entirely unnecessary as daj had screwed up enough anyway)
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 28, 2016, 05:28:56 AMSo the big question as of now: who is daj? If he claimed Exeggutor, that would be a wild guess, as the PMs didn't specify which Pokémon you are.
Not actually the big question as of now
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 28, 2016, 05:46:29 AMOh yeah. That, too. XD

Here are my thoughts, now that I've actually had the chance to think about this:
All but one person has posted. Now, the two wolves know each other. I don't think daj would be a wolf, then, since the other person wouldn't let him screw up that badly. UNLESS daj & Dude are both wolves. Or someone else isn't checking their inbox or daj didn't PM anything to his partner.

Granted, I'm trying to be a bit more involved in the game, but I'm still learning. Which is why I'm never good at these things.
Here's where I'm starting to think E Gadd could potentially be a wolf.  Mostly blaming inexperience.  I don't buy it, not from E Gadd, which causes me to look back at his "inexperienced" posts.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 29, 2016, 01:56:43 PMD: flip, I missed the chat.

And what are those reasons, if I might ask?
Acceptable.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 30, 2016, 01:46:45 PMThat's it? You just have a feeling? You heard Davy, we can't base our screenings merely on instinct. And apparently, Noc wants Noc to be screened.
Going ham on dude here.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 30, 2016, 02:31:00 PM^^That and the fact that Noc hasn't explained his suspicions of me, and Dude's was... erm... "less than satisfactory"
We'll put it that way.
Between the interactions between E Gadd and FA and davy's initial suspicion of FA a partnership here wouldn't be out of the question, but if that is the case FA is a bigger target than E Gadd.  It's a little bit odd that my natural suspicions are the same as Dude's, but I guess we just notice the same things.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 30, 2016, 04:56:26 PMO' course, I can't help but feel that Dude is acting all fishy with his random suspicions. I don't think I've been acting suspiciously.
It's true that Dude's random vote for you seems, well, random, but he's probably been picking up on these same little things that I have, and it's a little bit difficult to put that sort of thing into words.  I think it's more likely that dude isn't a pokemon than he is, but I'm not very sure about myself as of yet.
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on December 31, 2016, 10:14:12 AMSee, I don't like making this choice this early in the game. Idk, it seems there's too much at stake. I mean, sure, we'll get a conclusive  answer concerning whomever is chosen, but still, if they're human, no progress is made. And this the wolves yet another night to kill someone off/develop their strategy. Besides, what about if the person we send in is human? Who will be Bagged? Sure, Mealstrom, but what about the other two humans? One will be Bagged, and the other... wolfmeat. This vote is crucial; the wolves got davy, so they now have one vote, yes? For the bagging, that is. If they get another human, won't they get their full 2 votes? And then what? The Wolves will basically run the board with Bag voting.

Also, ninja'd by Noc.
I don't want to waste a perfectly good vote on a human, but there's no way I can prove my humanity any more than the next guy (unless you're daj, davy's ghost, or Maelstrom). Honestly, if anything, Oli seems as suspicious as anyone to me. Problem is, i don't think I could build enough of a convincing argument without using the word "instinct" or the phrase "I just have that feeling" that Dude used for me, so I'm waiting to cast my vote.
This is your most wolfish post for one reason- you say you're waiting to cast your vote.  If you were human, you've shown enough interest in FA, Dude, or Olimar that a vote for them wouldn't be out of the question.  Waiting to cast your vote means you want more control in the outcome.  It's pretty surprising to me, actually, that you haven't voted for anyone yet.  In addition, you were going pretty hard on daj right off the bat, yet you were the last person to vote for him.  I know this isn't a large amount of evidence and it could easily just be misinterpretation and tbh dude voting for you makes me less confident about it.  This is what I've seen from you and I don't think it's due to inexperience.
unmotivated

mikey

Quote from: FireArrow on December 27, 2016, 02:30:05 PMI'm still trying to understand this game. If nebby claims and we bag her every night, I don't really see how we can lose. Also mislynches are impossible?
dingdingding we have the average beginning of game post
Quote from: FireArrow on December 29, 2016, 02:24:37 PMBagging daj and mael is easily the best plan and no one has done anything thus far that strikes me as overly suspicous. Sorry for being inactive but I don't have much to add to the discussion since things are pretty straight forward at the moment.

Elaborate?
I think davy already pointed out this post.
Quote from: FireArrow on December 30, 2016, 01:55:21 PMNoc's self vote reeks of reverse psychology but everytime I'm suspicous of him I'm wrong so uh... idk.

In my defense from davy's accusation, if I was a wolf my meta behavior would be to try and be davy's side kick so he trusts me. I wouldn't put myself in a situation where the human leader doesn't trust me this early on unless I royally screwed up, which didn't happen unless you consider not trying to be screwing up. I'll reread the thread and come back with more thoughts.
this is flimsy logic and I don't really see how this defends you from davy's suspicion.  He already said you were acting closer to the humans- "try and be davy's side kick"="suck up to the humans", am I wrong?
Quote from: FireArrow on December 30, 2016, 02:04:24 PMActually just gonna say this now: Dude and Noc, if you guys are human you're currently hurting the humans by being uncontructive and most likely trolling. We either waste screenings on you guys for purposely acting suspicous or you're wolves hoping confuse us/not caring about that game.
dude might be trolling.  I don't think he's played a serious game of TWG in years, but it is the werewolf GAME, so maybe he's the sane one.
Quote from: FireArrow on December 31, 2016, 01:44:07 PMYou do realize that "I think he's suspicous" is an uterrly BS reason to lynch. Make a case against him. Quote posts, analyze them, tell us what exactly about his behavior you find suspicous so we have an oppurtunity to agree or disagree with you.

My thoughts currently are:
Dude: He's usually inactive and trolling. This time however, he's obviously active, just avoiding participating in any important discussion while refusing to be constructive (see: him telling noc to use discord whilst completely ignoring the fact that egadd posted a defense against his and noc's accusation.)
I wouldn't consider his behavior active in any way
Olimar: He's being helpful, but all his posts are extremely obvious things (yes, thank you for clarifying that lynching dude or noc means we may or may not hit a wolf) whilst not taking any actual stance on things. "Hey guys, [insert really obvious information], what should we do" is pretty textbook wolf behavior. You look like your helping without bringing anything new to the table while avoiding putting anyone against you by not actually taking sides. There's also that thing with him asking for the chat while never actually using it. Tied with dude as my second prefered lynch.
Olimar is just bad at TWG
E. Gadd: His posts are just really uncomfortable and confused in a way that screams "I don't really know how to make it look like I'm helping" rather than usual "I'm human and I'm confused." This isn't much to build a case off of.
See, you've noticed the exact same thing that I have.  That's actually a good way to put it, as accurate as it may or may not be.
NocturneOfShadow: He voted for himself to "prove that he was human." Wasting a human lynch to prove your humanity is extremely bad for humans. It's still a fucking mislynch, whether or not you actually die from it. Not only that, but you quickly retracted your vote to go after E gadd. You showed no desire in actually following through with your self vote. Out of everyone, your behavior jumps out the most to me and why I'd prefer your lynch.
"Noc, don't vote for yourself, it's a wasted lynch and wolfish behavior"
"Noc voted for someone else, he's probably a wolf"
Make up your mind.  Which behavior is wolfish?

I usually suspect Noc and then I'm dead wrong, but that's because I alwayd misinterpret his jokes. This time it's actually based on posts he meant to be taking seriously, so I'm a bit more comfortable with it. Anyways, one of these days I'm going to actually be right and give him a pass because I'm wrong >_>
Someday you will be wrong, and I will love playing in that game because everyone knows being the wolf is fun and being human makes you not even wanna play the game
Quote from: FireArrow on December 31, 2016, 02:24:14 PMIf you were human, it would be in your best interest to defend yourself. If I'm not mistaken, a mislynch today means we have to lynch a wolf next phase.
this is where we disagree on playstyle.  I don't think I need to defend myself, especially if nothing I've done is actually wolf behavior.
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: FireArrow on December 31, 2016, 01:44:07 PMOlimar: He's being helpful, but all his posts are extremely obvious things (yes, thank you for clarifying that lynching dude or noc means we may or may not hit a wolf) whilst not taking any actual stance on things. "Hey guys, [insert really obvious information], what should we do" is pretty textbook wolf behavior. You look like your helping without bringing anything new to the table while avoiding putting anyone against you by not actually taking sides. There's also that thing with him asking for the chat while never actually using it. Tied with dude as my second prefered lynch.

Tf? First of all, I'm not a good enough twg-er to know everything by the second day phase (minus an initial night phase). Posting "obvious things" in the manner in which I did was a means to organize pros/cons (notice how there was an imbalance? That should have meant something). Sometimes it helps to have simple things bumped so that we can stay on task. Second of all, I was on the mibbit chat both times that I posted about it (here and here), plus I even created a discord channel for more convenience in chatting (although I have not had a chance to really chat there yet, admittedly).

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

The reason I'm waiting is because I want to see what other people say/do. This way I can have more tangible feelings than mere instinct. If you guys want to screen me, go ahead, if it proves my humanity. The reason I keep saying inexperience was because all the games before that I've played, I never really did anything. Just kinda let everyone else do the playing and I sat in the backseat.
-The Sign Painter

[close]