News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Started by Dudeman, December 27, 2016, 12:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on December 29, 2016, 12:47:36 PMAlso, Dudeman, did you mean to remove the line of wolves not being baggable, or did you chose to leave it in?
I, uh...I already removed it. It's kind of important that wolves be able to get Bagged.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dudeman

TWG XCIII: Get in the Fucking Bag

Game starts on a Day phase. Each Day phase, every player votes for a player to send to Looker for screening. If that player is a bad guy, Looker puts them in the Ultra Wormhole FOREVER (they ded). Otherwise, the player is sent back and nothing happens. At Night, the Bad Guys can try to capture (wolf) one player. At the same time, each player will vote via PM for two players to put in the Bag. Players put in the Bag will not be wolfed at the end of the Night phase, and will be publicly announced at the beginning of the next Day phase. Bagged players also cannot be sent for screening. Wolves start out with 0 Bagging votes, but will gain two votes collectively for each Human they capture. If they capture Lillie, the Bag will only have one open spot on the next Night Phase (this cannot occur two Night Phases in a row; capturing Lillie twice in a row will do nothing). Bagged Pokemon exit the Bag at the start of the next Night phase.

Bad Guys (Wolves):
Wolves know each other.
1. Lusamine: Has memory problems and can't remember who Lillie is. She's a President-type human so her screening votes can count for two, but only if she PM's the host stating so each Day phase.
2. Ya Boi Guzma: Every Night phase, he can get Team Skull to check what Pokémon a player is. They're not that smart, so all they can get is the color.

Pokémon:
3. Exeggutor: Its neck is so long that it takes up an extra spot in the Bag and the other Pokémon is forced out (at random, if the Bag has three spots). The first time this occurs, the other Pokémon becomes so confused that it cannot be captured that phase.
4. Metapod: Metapod's just here to make the game harder.
5. Toucannon: Angry. Very angry. Angery reacts only.
6. Nebby: Pokémon lose if Nebby is captured.
7. Mimikyu: Mimikyu creates a realm of spoopy scary shadows inside the Bag that it hides the other Pokémon in (chosen at random, if the Bag has an extra spot). This lets the Bag keep both spots if Lillie is captured, but spoops the Pokémon so bad that they refuse to go in the Bag for the rest of the game. Unless it's Nebby, 'cause then the game would break.
8. Dugtrio: HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA
9. Popplio: The starter nobody wanted. Capturing Popplio causes Lillie to have an extra spot in her Bag the next Night phase.

Lillie:
10. Lillie: Is told who Nebby is. She's a super important character with plot relevance so she's told how many of each color of player are left at the end of each Night phase.

Things that will be announced in the thread:
1. Popplio decided to go back to the "Pending Designs" pile where it belongs. An extra spot opened in the Bag! (Day after Popplio's capture)
2. [player] hid in the Bag's shadows and refuses to GET BACK IN THE FUCKING BAG! (Day after Mimikyu is Bagged)
3. Exeggutor's neck defies explanation! It forced a Pokémon out of the Bag! (Day after Exeggutor is Bagged)

Wolves win when Nebby is captured.
Humans win when both Wolves die.
Nebby wins if it never gets put in the Bag.

Everybody loses if somebody forgets to capitalize the words Bag, Bagging, Bagged, etc.

Role PM's:
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:25:24 PMYou are a Pomon. Try not to get captured.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:25:37 PMYou are Ya Boi Guzma. Lusamine, your partner in crime, is Player.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:25:46 PMYou are Lusamine. Ya Boi Guzma, your partner in crime, is Player.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:26:03 PMYou are Lillie. Nebby, who won't stay in the fucking Bag, is Player.
Quote from: Dudeman on December 27, 2016, 12:41:17 PMYou are Nebby. Stay out of the fucking Bag.

1. davy
2. NocturneOfShadow
3. Maelstrom
4. BlackDragonSlayer
5. TheZeldaPianist275
6. dajwxp
7. Olimar12345
8. Dude
9. FireArrow
10. E. Gadd Industries

dajwxp was screened by Looker. Looker says he's a pretty okay guy. dajwxp has not been lynched.

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end in 24 hours, or approximately 1 PM PST on 12/30/16. Remember to PM the host (me) with your two picks for Bagging.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

TheZeldaPianist275

Eyyyyyyyy

This should be clear, but just in case: put Maelstrom and Daj in the Bag.

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on December 29, 2016, 12:51:39 PMI, uh...I already removed it. It's kind of important that wolves be able to get Bagged.

Woops, didn't see that. Okay, then it was definately a good idea to have Maelstrom claim.

So, now that we know that daj is human, we should bag him and Maelstrom. Confirmed human and uncounterclaimed Nebby. Seems like a good choice to me.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Olimar12345

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 29, 2016, 01:03:15 PMEyyyyyyyy

Ez. Pm'd dudeman.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

daj

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on December 29, 2016, 01:03:15 PMEyyyyyyyy

This is really legit, yay! :)

y'know what will be funny? i'm actually exeggutor haha xD
well i mean mael wouldnt die but still

E. Gadd Industries

Plot twist: there never was an Exeggutor in the game.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

davy

Chat with TZP

Spoiler

20:53      *** davy joined #NSMTWG
20:53      +++ irc.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +n
20:53      +++ irc.us.mibbit.net set the channel to mode +t
21:17      *** TZP joined #NSMTWG
21:18      *** TZP quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
21:37      *** TZP joined #NSMTWG
21:38   TZP   Did I miss it
21:39   davy   Hi tzp
21:39   davy   No, it hasn't even started yet.
21:39   davy   Phase ends in 20 minutes, right?
21:40   TZP   Yeah
21:40   davy   So, what do you think of the daj screening?
21:40   davy   that players seem to be planning to go for.
21:42   TZP   I'm still not a skilled enough player to be able to make very intelligent day 1 pushes.  I could really go for anyone honestly
21:42   TZP   Like I said, it was just a weird thing to do
21:43   davy   Since the lynch doesn't kill humans in this game, I would prefer if we'd screen a more veteran, but less active player.
21:43   davy   So that we can confirm them if they are human, but we don't allow them to hide if they are a wolf.
21:44   TZP   I remember playing a game a few years ago as a wolf where I didn't realize all the humans weren't told their specific role and I falseclaimed the actual role and got torn to pieces
21:44   davy   But I don't think I can turn the screening around at this point.
21:44   TZP   (we almost won too because verm is a straight savage)
21:44   davy   What game was that?
21:45   TZP   Anyway, that's literally what daj did so I just thought it was worth pursuing
21:45   TZP   I think it was one sheikah hosted hang on
21:47   TZP   http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=5412.0
21:47   TZP   Page 4 is where I got ramshackled
21:47   davy   I'll give it a look.
21:49   TZP   Would you prefer FA or BDS? 
21:49   davy   FA
21:50   TZP   In this particular game, I think "veteran" and "less active" are mutually exclusive
21:51   davy   Well, except Dude (who I, for some reason, don't count as a veteran player even though he has been playing TWG on this forum since TWG I).
21:52   TZP   He's just not usually as invested in it anymore
21:52   davy   yeah
21:54   TZP   What do you think for bagging tonight?  Think we should publically state who we're voting for?
21:54   TZP   Obviously, we keep Maelstrom in
21:54   davy   Maelstrom + daj
21:55   davy   Unless daj turns out to be a wolf, then Maelstrom + whoever
21:55   TZP   Why do you want that to be publically voted on?
21:55   davy   If we state in the topic who we are going to guard, that player will just get wolf'd.
21:55   davy   *wont get wolfed
21:56   davy   Daj because if he doesn't die this phase, he will be a confirmed human.
21:56   davy   It's always in our best interest to guard confirmed humans.
21:57   TZP   Well duh
21:57   TZP   Did you mean if we state in the topic who we're going to guard that player will NOT get wolfed?
21:58   davy   Yes, that player will not get wolved, and some other player gets wolf'd.
21:58   davy   If we have no confirmed humans, it's a bad idea to post in the topic who we are going to guard.
21:59   davy   But if we have confirmed humans, guarding them is the way to go.
21:59   TZP   Oh I see
21:59   TZP   I'm with you
22:02   TZP   Welp okay he's clean
22:06   davy   Okay, I hope to see some more discussion this night phase so that we get a better idea of who might be a wolf.
22:21   davy   Y'know, I'm actually feeling for an Olimar screening now.
22:22   davy   He has been posting but not contributing too much.
22:22   davy   And he didn't join the chat even though he asked for the chat link.
22:23   TZP   That last doesn't strike me as terribly suspicious
22:24   davy   It seemed too me like he didn't want to join the chat (wolves tend to get found out easier in chat), but didn't want to reveal that in chat by saying that he is unaware of the chat link.
22:24   davy   Or maybe I'm just thinking too much into this.
22:28   TZP   Wouldn't it have been easier to just ignore it completely, then?
22:29   davy   Not if someone was WO stalinking and called him out on it.
22:30   TZP   lol stalinking
22:30   TZP   Eh, since we can't mislynch, I'm fine with screening him--that really takes the pressure off.
22:30   TZP   I can get behind it, I just don't think that's real suspicious
22:31   davy   Then it's not good.
22:31   davy   We have to screen players that we are actually suspicious of
22:31   davy   not just player that we want to confirm humanity of
22:31   TZP   Although, like you said, he is talking without engaging us on a real deep level
22:32   TZP   I mentioned BDS and FA earlier because I feel like they're acting that way a little uncharacteristically.  FA more so.
22:32   davy   How so?
22:35   TZP   Remember FA said last game that taking the lead was more human behavior for him, and that he tended to just kind of sit in the background as a wolf?  He's contributed even less than Olimar so far this game
22:35   davy   Wait, do you have a link to that post?
22:35   TZP   And BDS just because I thought he usually talks more than he has been
22:35   TZP   I'll find it hang tight
22:35   davy   k
22:37   TZP   http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9005.msg360447#msg360447
22:38   davy   Yeah, I think you are misphrasing what he said a little.
22:39   TZP   Yeah, to be fair he didn't say sitting in the background.  I couldn't remember what he said exactly
22:40   davy   It would be nice though to see some more activity of all three of them (BDS, FA, Olimar).
22:41   davy   Did you notice that no one even mentioned doing a classic day one Nocturne lynch?
22:41   TZP   I think most people have figured out by this point that it's rarely a good idea XD
22:41   davy   Probably because Nocturne is not that active and not making his characteristic joke posts that everyone interperts wrong.
22:42   davy   That might be the case too.
22:42   TZP   That too
22:42   TZP   lol
22:42   TZP   Noc strike you funny?
22:42   davy   I'm not sure.
22:43   davy   I'd like to find out his role for future games, but I don't find him suspicious enough to use a screening on.
22:45   davy   I was just going through the player list, and I was like: we've already talked about daj, FA, BDS and Olimar, Mael is most likely Nebby, Dude is being Dude, and E. Gadd doesn't seem suspicious at the moment.
22:47   davy   Well, it was nice chatting with someone, but I'm going to sleep now.
22:47   davy   See you tomorrow.
[close]
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

mikey

Tzp fits that definition imo.  We could shoot him or e gadd tomorrow (e gadd for my own reasons)
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

D: flip, I missed the chat.

And what are those reasons, if I might ask?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

Mfw I help an Italian plumber fall into the abyss while he was shouting something about red coins

[close]

FireArrow

Bagging daj and mael is easily the best plan and no one has done anything thus far that strikes me as overly suspicous. Sorry for being inactive but I don't have much to add to the discussion since things are pretty straight forward at the moment.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on December 29, 2016, 01:53:13 PMWe could shoot him or e gadd tomorrow (e gadd for my own reasons)

Elaborate?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

I was going to make sure I voted last night, but I fell asleep, and by the time I woke up, I realized the phase had already ended so I was in no rush to get on. Sorry. :P

Daj being cleared is good, and for similar reasons, I'm tentatively leaning toward Noc next phase (i.e. Noc's being Noc and that doesn't tell us anything important one way or another).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

Dudeman

mikey

Does that mean they can be permanently bagged?
unmotivated