News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

[GB] Donkey Kong '94 - "Chase" by LeviR.star

Started by Zeta, December 12, 2016, 04:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Donkey Kong
Game: Donkey Kong '94
Console: Game Boy
Title: Chase
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LeviR.star

[attachment deleted by admin]

LeviR.star

Here's the YouTube video:

I know that the 8va is not correctly formatted; I am waiting for it to be correctly done in a forum topic. I just want to make sure everything else is fine (i.e. key signature, time signature, tempo, etc.)
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Spot-on arrangement, Levi!
Just a couple suggestions:
- I would suggest a clearer 8va marking. Maybe a marking that is bracketed and dotted like the standard 8va/8vb markings.
- For the ease of note-reading, I would suggest a style of notation like this (M. 1 as an example):
Spoiler
[close]
Basically you could put the two right hand voices in separate layers.

Great job on this sheet! I hope to see more good quality such as this soon.

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on December 12, 2016, 07:22:03 AMSpot-on arrangement, Levi!
Thank you! :D I know I picked a simple song to transcribe, but I'm glad it's nearly perfect!

Quote from: Sebastian on December 12, 2016, 07:22:03 AMI would suggest a clearer 8va marking. Maybe a marking that is bracketed and dotted like the standard 8va/8vb markings.
I knew the 8va bracket/dotted line was missing; as soon as the song is fixed in this forum topic I'll have this sheet updated.

Quote from: Sebastian on December 12, 2016, 07:22:03 AMFor the ease of note-reading, I would suggest a style of notation like this (M. 1 as an example):
Spoiler
[close]
Basically you could put the two right hand voices in separate layers.
Wow, that looks much better! I'll make sure to include the image in the Formatting Topic mentioned above!

Quote from: Sebastian on December 12, 2016, 07:22:03 AMGreat job on this sheet! I hope to see more good quality such as this soon.
Once again, I thank you for your encouragement :); I really appreciate it, I do. I have so many songs done (and half-done, which aren't in the forums), that I plan to submit some day. Well, looks like now I just need to wait on the Formatting Topic.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

Sebastian

Oh, dang xD
I forgot that you use Finale Notepad. I can fix it for you if you like?

LeviR.star

LeviR.star

I got Finale 2014 and was able to fix it myself. (Pardon my impatience, Sebastian)

[MUSX]

Anyone know how to convert .musx files into .mus files?

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on December 26, 2016, 09:35:17 AMFile>export iirc
Thanks, Olimar12345! It's all updated now, and fits the format Sebastian suggested!

Sebastian

LeviR.star

Sebastian

My final two suggestions would be to straighten the eighth rests and dynamic marking:
Spoiler
[close]

Excellent work with this arrangement!

LeviR.star

Quote from: Sebastian on December 27, 2016, 05:55:24 PMMy final two suggestions would be to straighten the eighth rests and dynamic marking:
Spoiler
[close]

Excellent work with this arrangement!
Thank you! I fixed it again!

Maelstrom

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle