News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

Which Remixes Really Annoy You?

Started by LeviR.star, November 22, 2016, 04:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DS

Quote from: Echo on November 23, 2016, 03:41:51 PMAnyways, nightcore/dubstep and similar kinds of remixes are cancer.

I mean, not ALL dubstep remixes are cancer if you do them right and are actually decently skilled at dubstep (most people who make dubstep remixes don't even know what dubstep is, and they end up making crappy 2012 style drops that are mixed horribly).

These ones I bet you would appreciate:

Star Wolf (Star Fox 64) remix by DS (me)

Song of Storms (LoZ OoT) remix by Will & Tim

Undertale (Undertale) remix by Chime

Luigi's Mansion remix by Pegboard Nerds

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 23, 2016, 06:13:38 PM[SSBB Gourmet Race Remix]
Ew gross get it away from here.

Also every song in DuckTales: Remastered is beautiful. In my opinion they're some of the best examples of remixes ever.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 23, 2016, 06:13:38 PMI'm not an expert, but does this count? I hate this remix.

I personally like that one. I think it's a cool metal remix. What I don't like when it comes to Brawl and Kirby is the 02 remix. It's just.. too different from the original. But I do understand the remixers intent - Brawl is a fighting game and he wanted to have the song in the game but tougher so it would fit the game.

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on November 24, 2016, 01:38:07 AMI personally like that one. I think it's a cool metal remix. What I don't like when it comes to Brawl and Kirby is the 02 remix. It's just.. too different from the original. But I do understand the remixers intent - Brawl is a fighting game and he wanted to have the song in the game but tougher so it would fit the game.

My personal theory with SSBB and Kirby is that SSBB contained advance previews (in spirit) of Kirby Super Star Ultra. SSBB King Dedede has a mechanized hammer, and so does KSSU's Masked Dedede. SSBB contains a heavy metal remix of Gourmet Race, while KSSU introduced the first (and so far probably only) heavy metal boss theme in the Kirby series. Especially since SSBB and HAL Laboratory share developers, and KSSU was released only months after SSBB, I don't believe the sneak peeks are coincidence.

On a more appropriate note, it saddens me whenever I hear an "instrumental" version of a song but I can still hear some (significantly) quieter lyrics. Removing vocals without removing middle harmonics is surprisingly hard, but I find songs with lyrics hard to listen to, and the karaoke people can't use those versions.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dekkadeci on November 24, 2016, 04:31:31 AMMy personal theory with SSBB and Kirby is that SSBB contained advance previews (in spirit) of Kirby Super Star Ultra. SSBB King Dedede has a mechanized hammer, and so does KSSU's Masked Dedede. SSBB contains a heavy metal remix of Gourmet Race, while KSSU introduced the first (and so far probably only) heavy metal boss theme in the Kirby series. Especially since SSBB and HAL Laboratory share developers, and KSSU was released only months after SSBB, I don't believe the sneak peeks are coincidence.

Intressting theory, haven't played KSSU so can't really tell :/

Quote from: Dekkadeci on November 24, 2016, 04:31:31 AMOn a more appropriate note, it saddens me whenever I hear an "instrumental" version of a song but I can still hear some (significantly) quieter lyrics. Removing vocals without removing middle harmonics is surprisingly hard, but I find songs with lyrics hard to listen to, and the karaoke people can't use those versions.

I can agree with you. But sometimes it works, SSB4 "Bayonetta - Mysterious Destiny" is a great example where I think it works.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

unmotivated

EFitTrainr

Whoever did this did a shitty job.

I like food.

LeviR.star

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 25, 2016, 02:04:28 AMWhoever did this did a shitty job.

Ahh, yes, the infamous "8-Bit" remixes... these make me sick

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

EFitTrainr

it's funny because I made it AND it has GRAND DAD
I like food.

LeviR.star

Quote from: shadowkirby on November 25, 2016, 02:20:25 PMit's funny because I made it AND it has GRAND DAD

Oh, shoot! Sorry, shadow. Didn't notice that.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: LeviR.star on November 25, 2016, 07:28:39 AMAhh, yes, the infamous "8-Bit" remixes... these make me sick

Best part about that one is that it doesn't even follow chiptune limitations. I'm hearing 4 pulse channels at once.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

EFitTrainr

No, I think it's a shitty remix. You're good yo.
I like food.

BlackDragonSlayer

It somewhat bothers me when you can clearly tell that a person just doesn't understand what makes a particular song "work," and tries to make it sound all "cool 'n' all"... I'm sure you know what I mean.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dekkadeci

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on November 25, 2016, 03:41:46 PMBest part about that one is that it doesn't even follow chiptune limitations. I'm hearing 4 pulse channels at once.
Shoot, I forgot Famicom chiptune limitations. Do none of them have 4 pulse channels?

(FYI, regular Famicom 8-bit music has only 3 music channels, a noise channel, and DPCM, but the popularly-used-by-remixers Konami VRC6 chip adds 3 more music channels. IMO, I believe the Shovel Knight OST legitimized Konami VRC6 as 8-bit music (yes, the OST uses that chip).)