LeviR.star's Arrangements - [NES] Mega Man 2 ~ 2 New Sheets (w/ Crash Man Stage!)

Started by LeviR.star, November 18, 2016, 04:33:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviR.star

We're almost finished with the remaining sheets from Mega Man 2!

[NES] Mega Man 2

524th

Crash Man Stage (Replacement) [ZIP]

525th

All Stages Clear [ZIP]

I haven't figured out how to tackle the last sheet, because it's already been completed... at least, partially. You see, composer Takashi Tateishi had to come up with some clever ways to tackle memory constraints, which is why the second Dr. Wily stage theme plays three times (and is essentially the same four-bar pattern transposed eleven times). It's also why the A theme of the iconic first Dr. Wily stage theme repeats throughout, while new countermelodies layer on top of it; pretty clever, if you ask me. But for the credits, the title theme plays, and just when you think it's done, it continues on with previously unheard material, then finally repeats back and wraps everything up. So how do I handle this when the title theme already has an arrangement on-site? Well, the way I see it, there's two routes I could go:

1.) Arrange a sheet that has the second half with material unheard from the title theme and call it "Credits, Part 2" or something. I don't like this option as much, because the more clueless people will go, "where's credits part 1??!?". Not ideal, is it?

OR...

2.) Collaborate with Zeila, the arranger behind the title theme's sheet, and submit a replacement for it that adds in all the material from the second half of the credits. I like this idea more, but ultimately I will have to go with whatever the staff decides.

Expect to get an answer to this when I post my next PA update. For now, let's celebrate, because as of today's post, I've arranged a total of 150 sheets for the Mega Man franchise! There's plenty more where that came, so enjoy, and I'll see you all next time!
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements