News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[GBA] Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire - Rustboro City

Started by ShadowChords, October 31, 2016, 12:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowChords

Surprised I couldn't find it anywhere on the site. Would love to do an arrangement for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtoOhwP162c
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx

daj

Seriously? This isn't on the site? Hmm...

I'm on it! ^^ I can play this track back in my head ahaha, shouldn't be a problem at all!~ :)

Latios212

Yeah it's kind of surprising we don't have it already. I think the reason is that the layers are interwoven in a way that's tricky to translate to piano - at least, that's why I haven't finished this one already myself, haha.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

So um, I did a thing! ^^ But, um, it's not even close to the thing you might be looking for.

Basically I went to the piano and tried to think of good accompaniment devices for this, and suddenly I played a few wrong chords. Then I had an idea. Then an hour or so passed and here we have it! :) A...night version. Of the Rustboro track. Yeah.

I think if you want something more conservative/close to the original Latios will get it done really well. But if you're cool with this, that's awesome! :)

Score coming out this weekend! And um, thank you for inspiring my video release for this week ahahaha

Oronoco

That's so beautiful, daj. If you want to compose for Nintendo I'll write you a letter of recommendation and attest to your incredibility. You might have to pretend a letter from me would be worth something, though.
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

Dudeman

Oh good god, Daj has done it again. This is gorgeous.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

daj

First of all, thank you so much for all your comments, everyone. <3 They say that passion keeps a musician going, but c'mon, we all know that the real stuff is ego food nice comments like yours. ^^ So thank you so much, honest :)

I was eyeing this topic for a while and I think I tried to write a reply a few times...? But prior to doing this arrangement I had a liiiiiiiittle but of alcohol for an unrelated reason and i was just a tiiiiiiiny bit tipsy and NO ONE WILL EVER DARE TO QUESTION THAT except lat because sadly he knows best

Quote from: Oronoco on November 02, 2016, 09:45:48 AMThat's so beautiful, daj. If you want to compose for Nintendo I'll write you a letter of recommendation and attest to your incredibility. You might have to pretend a letter from me would be worth something, though.

And thank you for always being warm and affirmative in your critiques (can you even call them that?)! ^^ Seeing a comment like that really brightens up my day, hehe.

and dont worry bout that letter i'll siphon it from you in due time ;)

Quote from: Dudeman on November 02, 2016, 09:58:31 AMOh good god, Daj has done it again. This is gorgeous.

Hehe, glad you liked it, much thanks man <3

Quote from: Latios212 on November 02, 2016, 10:41:14 AMeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mmmmmmmmmm ;)

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 02, 2016, 10:52:52 AMRustboro City!

what

can u not

Yeah, Rustboro City! :D

~

As a side note, a (more sober) self-review today revealed a bunch of things I need to fix, including a complete melodic mess in the last section. xD So um sc, it'll be made official and public this weekend ^^

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on November 02, 2016, 10:52:52 AMRustboro City!

what

can u not
I burned my throat on hot chocolate because I remembered this
unmotivated