[GCN] Super Mario Sunshine - "Delfino Police" (Replacement) by E. Gadd Industries

Started by Zeta, October 25, 2016, 04:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, I updated the OP following the pic minus one thing:
m6 RH: In mine, those Gs are As
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Looks great! We'll need someone's opinion on the key signature though. I'm not 100% sure that is correct.

Dudeman

Quote from: Sebastian on November 25, 2016, 11:47:40 AMWe'll need someone's opinion on the key signature though.
Hello!

I say F minor, meaning you're gonna need one more flat.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Hm, well, while that would be tonally correct, every single D in the piece is natural, so adding a Db to the key signature really doesn't help much...

I guess it's a matter of theory vs. appearance. Any other opinions?
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

I fooled around with it some more and found adding another flat did take care of all (maybe? It might've been most) of the remaining flats, but added other naturals, too. Maybe it's a weird key!  :o
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Olimar12345

[This] is how I believe this sheet should look. The way I have the LH notated reflects what the timpani play, while the RH adds the remaining string pitches that aren't being doubled in the LH. I also tidied up the page layout a bit; some of the margins were odd. As for the key, C minor seems the most appropriate. You could argue that it is in G minor, and that the last chord is a some kind of iv chord, but it all the pieces fit together a little nicer if that is a V to i progression. It certainly is not in an "F" tonality, as that is an added color note and does not contribute to the harmonic analysis (other than an arguable seventh degree of a chord).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

E. Gadd Industries

Looks good to me! Thanks for theoretically helping us out with the key!

I updated the OP
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta