News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[PS2] Wild Arms 3 - "Migratory Birds - Wandering Bird-Scoundrels" by Tobbeh99

Started by Zeta, October 13, 2016, 01:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Wild Arms 3
Console: PlayStation 2
Title: Migratory Birds - Wandering Bird-Scoundrels
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Tobbeh99

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

Another Wild Arms 3 arrangement. The overworld theme from Wild Arms 3.

-I'm not sure if the LH melody-notes are correct in section C.
-The LH in section A looks a bit awkward being so high up, but I don't think there is a better solution as the LH plays in a range between both clefs. And having a bunch of clef changes just looks confusing and "harder to read".

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Superb arrangement
A few things:
I'm hearing a bit if a slide in m17 and 19 on beat 2 in the RH. Such that it would be the same C, but the Bn would be a 16th followed by a Bb 16th.
m20 beat 3 LH - Hearing a rolled chord there, quite possibly a C+E
Pg 2, layer 2, RH
[close]
Lh m38 beat 2.5 should be a C, not a Bn
In 40, the same note is a D instead of a Bn
Section C:
Those chords really don't sound inverted at all, but if you want them that way for playablitiy, that's ok.
2nd half of m43 sees the top note in the chord raised from a D to an E

Tobbeh99

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

I fixed pretty much everything you said. But, I think you're wrong on the issues in m.37-40. I think the LH is correct as I have it now. I even re-listened and it sounds like a Bn there at both m.38 and 40.
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Hey cool song I like it.

About 38 and 40:
- For the LH downbeats in 38 I'm hearing D, C, F.
- For the LH downbeats in 40 I'm hearing Bn, Bn, G.
I don't hear that voice in beat 4 in either; I would suggest writing in the bass at the end of those measures as a lead-in to the next.

In addition, maybe try including the bass in 45-46? And flip the layer 3 ties at the end.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

m.38, it could be a C where Meal thought it was a C. It almost sounded like a Bn+C chord, so it's really hard to decide. I went for consistency as well, as m.38 and 40 are very similar.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Re-checked this region again with Maelstrom and we stand by our corrections.
Spoiler
[close]

Quote from: Latios212 on November 13, 2016, 11:47:53 AMI would suggest writing in the bass at the end of those measures as a lead-in to the next.

In addition, maybe try including the bass in 45-46? And flip the layer 3 ties at the end.
why you ignore my suggestions :-[ (image above has my recommendation for that first part)

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Tobbeh99

Updated the files according to your requests, Lat.

I think I got the bass right at measure 46. (I think that the bass plays A's contrasting to the Bb-major chords higher up, rather than playing a Bb in harmony with them).

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Looks like you didn't change m40 eat 3-3.5 in the LH from our suggestion yet.......

Or the optional D in m39 beat 1

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on December 11, 2016, 01:26:07 PMLooks like you didn't change m40 eat 3-3.5 in the LH from our suggestion yet.......

Or the optional D in m39 beat 1

...that damn detail ::). Anyways I fixed now. And I also added that D in m.39.

10/10 tobbeh

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Maelstrom

Zeta