News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[WiiU] Paper Mario: Color Splash - "Eerie Hotel" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, October 12, 2016, 07:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Paper Mario: Color Splash
Console: Wii U
Title: Eerie Hotel
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

EDIT: Oh, crap. The PDF is fricked up. I'll fix that later when I get back on my computer.

The Deku Trombonist

I'm pretty sure bar 3 is an It6 chord, in which case the Ab would need to be respelled as a G#. Might want to check other places where this harmony is implied too (eg bar 22).

Sebastian

Oh, ok. Sounds good.
I'll check that chord and a couple others as well.

Tobbeh99

I'd notate the last chords, in measures 58-60, using cross-staffing. So you put the lower 2 notes in the LH staff. That's a lot easier to play since both hands are available, and therefore also probably the method people would use regardless of notation. But the chord in m.61 is fine because how small it is, stretching less than an octave.

Also I'm not certain of the spelling of the chord in measure 50. You have both a Gn and a G#, it's kind of rare for that to happen and in a tonal song.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on October 13, 2016, 12:43:17 AMI'm pretty sure bar 3 is an It6 chord, in which case the Ab would need to be respelled as a G#. Might want to check other places where this harmony is implied too (eg bar 22).
Thanks, Deku. Got that fixed. I also put a courtesy accidental in the next measure for clarity.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 13, 2016, 02:02:09 PMI'd notate the last chords, in measures 58-60, using cross-staffing. So you put the lower 2 notes in the LH staff. That's a lot easier to play since both hands are available, and therefore also probably the method people would use regardless of notation. But the chord in m.61 is fine because how small it is, stretching less than an octave.
That is an ingenious idea, Tobbeh. Thank you so much for the idea. I have updated the sheet with these specs, and I hope it has a satisfactory look.

I also messed around with those chords to make absolutely certain they are correct. Since they are so high and consist of quite a few notes, I thought I'd make certain that they are good.

There was also an issue with the composer names which I have fixed. The PDF was also crappy.

The links have been updated with all the above changes.

Sebastian

Maelstrom

A few things:
-The "play 8va" marking is avoiding the hidden 8va marking and it looks weird on the PDF. It's not a collision if one of the things are invisible.
-A few rolled chord markings are pretty far from their chords.
-The last 4 measures:
Spoiler
[close]
Don't quote me on the accidentals, or how I split up the chords, but these are the right notes.
It may be easier to not split up the chords for sight reading purposes, as it's much easier to see what the chord is.

Sebastian

Oh, hey. Thanks for the feedback, buddy! I'm sorry for the late reply. I don't want you to think I was blowing you off or anything. :P
I've been busy recovering from an illness, but now I'm better and ready to go!
I'll get this stuff fixed later today when I get on my computer. : )

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 05, 2016, 03:59:35 PM-The "play 8va" marking is avoiding the hidden 8va marking and it looks weird on the PDF. It's not a collision if one of the things are invisible.
Ah, sounds good. I moved it down a bit. Hope that is satisfactory.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 05, 2016, 03:59:35 PM-A few rolled chord markings are pretty far from their chords.
Ok. I'll move 'em in nice and tight for you.
They should look better now.

Quote from: Maelstrom on November 05, 2016, 03:59:35 PM-The last 4 measures:
Spoiler
[close]
Don't quote me on the accidentals, or how I split up the chords, but these are the right notes.
It may be easier to not split up the chords for sight reading purposes, as it's much easier to see what the chord is.
Ok. I'll put the notes in the right hand staff for sight-reading purposes. I also updated the notes. Man, I admit, those notes are hard hear :P
However, I'm 100% sure I hear a C# on the first chord of the last measure.
I'm hearing this:

Also, for M. 60 I hear something along the lines of this:

Thanks for the feedback, bro! : )

Maelstrom

Sebastian

Bespinben

Did somoene call for...!
Oh, dang. Nvm, sorry woops.

Well, shoot, you're getting it anyway!

[MID] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]

And uh, feel free to work on m. 25-31. I didn't really have any good ideas (partially due to finishing this in the wee hours of the morning).

Quote from: Deku Trombonist on October 13, 2016, 12:43:17 AMI'm pretty sure bar 3 is an It6 chord, in which case the Ab would need to be respelled as a G#. Might want to check other places where this harmony is implied too (eg bar 22).
I'm going to be THAT one guy.... and say what if it was a tritone substituion of the secondary dominant??? DUN DUN DUN
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Interesting...
I like what you did with it. Very interesting approach, but you did forget the repeat sign. : D

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday