Need recommendations.

Started by Khairos, July 04, 2008, 01:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khairos

Hello, everyone. This is my first post in the Ninsheetmusic forums, but I want to get straight to the point.

I've been playing piano for half a year, and the only outstanding pieces I can decently play are "Battle with Gilgamesh" and "Bloody Tears," but I "half-assed" both of them, so I play single notes where there should be chords and stuff to make it easier to play.

I always wanted to learn more songs, but I was fed up with my extremely outdated piano, but half a year later, which is today, is the day that I've finally obtained a new top-notch piano. So I want to get back into playing piano, but I'd like to learn only VG songs.

It's been a while since I've played, so I tried a few songs and felt like I may need to attempt easier songs.

So I ask you: which songs available on Ninsheetmusic do you recommend for a sort of rookie piano player, which are easy to learn, and are catchy like "Battle with Gilgamesh" and "Bloody Tears"?

Olimar12345

good ones to start with would probably be the super mario bros. 2 and 3 overworlds.
they're catchy and not too hard...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Parker2334

Try Halo's lead melody. Its bloody easy and its Halo!

E F# G F# A G F# E

B C# D C# A C# B
THESE BIG RED LETTERS HELP ME FIND MY POST.

KefkaticFanatic

Wait, you can play that up and down scaly thing at the beginning of "Battle with Gilgamesh"?

me irl
[close]

blah54

no offense to Khairos... but there's no way you could play battle with gilgamesh even close to properly if you've just been playing piano for half a year... and that beginning part is absurd...unless you just skipped the difficult/nearing impossible section of gilgamesh...

you don't seem like a rookie piano player...

It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Khairos

Of course I skipped the right hand part for the intro. I can only play it slowly, but I would have to slow down the left hand part, so I left it out.

Then there's a later part near the end which is similar, but I decrease the tempo greatly on that part. I never got to the point in which I could play it on the right tempo. But I figured my audience wouldn't notice- I barely know anyone else who plays FFV. And the people who did, got bored before the Big Bridge.

Olimar12345

actually, a really good song 2 start with is Metroid's Kraid. its a great song to begin with
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Composer #40

I redid Battle with Gilgamesh on my submission topic. You actually tried it! :o

It happens Every. Day!

Davey

Some things I wanted to play as soon as I found this website were "Title Screen" from LoZ: WW and a few other random LoZ songs. I also wanted "The Roost Coffee Shop" from Animal Crossing: WW, and a few more random Animal Crossing songs. Fuck it I'll make a list.
(very favorite starts at 1 descends going to not so favorite)

1. "Title Screen" - LoZ: WW
2. "The Roost Coffee Shop" - AC: WW
3. "Fountain of Dreams" - SSBM
4. "Overworld" - Super Mario Bros. (Arranged by MH26, still one of my favorite things to play!)
5. "Main Theme" - SSBB (also arranged by MH26, Very, very nice!)

and that is just to get you started. There is very nice material in the LoZ and Super Smash Bros. Section, and there is much more then just that.

PseudoMario16

here's a few easy but fun songs:
clocktown from majoras mask
mushroom kingdom from super mario RPG
the main theme(echoes) from metroid prime two
and the original mario song, its not easy, but it sure does sound cool
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

SuperFireKirby

Menu- Metroid Prime
Kakariko Village- Zelda: Twilight Princess
Fountain of Dreams- SSBM
Dreamland-SSBM - Just Kidding, that song is nearly impossible for anyone to play.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

PseudoMario16

you should play canon- its not toooooo hard, and its really pretty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1dvSlvZLG8 - its... its... beautiful!

Gooch

Quote from: PseudoMario16 on August 06, 2008, 06:02:16 PMyou should play canon- its not toooooo hard, and its really pretty

'Tis not VG music.
A fairly easy music piece is Kefka (or at least the one i made) but you'll need to check out Composer #40's submission list, Mumbo's Hut from Banjo-Kazooie is real easy to play, especially if you're only interested in playing the right hand. I'll list others as they come to mind.

Jedesyus

Are you by any chance Australian, Khairos?

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!