News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NES] Milon's Secret Castle - "Inside Well / Towers" by joeberryosponge

Started by Zeta, October 07, 2016, 08:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Milon's Secret Castle
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Inside Well / Towers
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: joeberryosponge

Th3Gavst3r

• The melody throughout the first page could use a dose of staccato
  • By common practice, key changes should have a double bar line before them
  • The tie from measure 22-23 gets lost in the staff lines, and is also inconsistent with the ties around it. Looks better flipped:

To flip ties in Finale
    • Select the special tool then the tie tool
    • Click on the measure where the tie starts. This will bring up selection handles for ties in that measure.
    • Click in one of the selection boxes and press ctrl+f (command+f) or from the menu bar go to SpecialTools > Tie Direction > Flip
    [close]
I haven't checked for musical accuracy too well, but from what I can tell it sounds really nice! I'd say job well done, especially for your first submission!

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on October 07, 2016, 09:50:13 AM
  • The melody throughout the first page could use a dose of staccato
  • By common practice, key changes should have a double bar line before them
  • The tie from measure 22-23 gets lost in the staff lines, and is also inconsistent with the ties around it. Looks better flipped:

To flip ties in Finale
    • Select the special tool then the tie tool
    • Click on the measure where the tie starts. This will bring up selection handles for ties in that measure.
    • Click in one of the selection boxes and press ctrl+f (command+f) or from the menu bar go to SpecialTools > Tie Direction > Flip
    [close]
I haven't checked for musical accuracy too well, but from what I can tell it sounds really nice! I'd say job well done, especially for your first submission!
I have edited it to include your suggestions. Thanks!

Maelstrom

I need to be that guy.
This isn't performer friendly.
Jumping nearly 2 octaves at 150 is not really nice for anyone. In addition, the measures are squished, and feels crammed. Try spacing things out a bit and see how that works.

edit: Also, the last RH eighth in m24 is misaligned.

joeberryosponge

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 24, 2016, 04:38:17 PMI need to be that guy.
This isn't performer friendly.
Jumping nearly 2 octaves at 150 is not really nice for anyone. In addition, the measures are squished, and feels crammed. Try spacing things out a bit and see how that works.

edit: Also, the last RH eighth in m24 is misaligned.
I just made the octaves more friendly, spaced out the measures, and made some minor modifications. Thanks for the input!

Maelstrom

Moving the lowest note up brought up more problems. You see, now the bassline jumps up instead of down, giving the song a whole different feel.

Maelstrom

Deleted for inactivity. Feel free to resubmit it again if wanted with the requested changes.