News:

Are you on Discord? Join our server!

Main Menu

Nintendo Switch

Started by DS, September 18, 2016, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

I think the 5 games means games with physical releases, not those with digital ones as well.

Roz~

Quote from: Dudeman on January 15, 2017, 09:28:58 PMWell okay that's great and all, but it's only launching with 5 games, only one of which is appealing to more than a casual audience (unless the Bomberman fanbase is actually rabid, I have zero knowledge of the franchise).

Remember how many launch titles the Wii U had? 32. And then what happened? The infamous Wii U games drought. I'm assuming they want to pace their releases better, which is why there are less launch titles for the Switch. If they release decent games every couple of months I think they'll be fine.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

am I alone in thinking a second splatoon is idiotic?  The current servers are already small enough
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Eh, never really got into it myself. Is there a drastically different mechanic from the first one?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

new guns new stages
same old crap
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

I mean it's a good game I just don't care
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Dudeman

I don't mind that it's essentially an upgraded clone of the first game because the first game was fantastic. I like to think of this as a port to the Switch with a crapton of added features, which is fine by me.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

but it's an exclusively online game.  Making a second game that isn't the same as the first splits the playerbase
unmotivated

SlowPokemon

It's not exclusively online any more than Mario Kart is
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

um, yes it is.  The core gameplay is the 4v4 battle, not the story mode.  Mario Kart is the same whether or not you go online
unmotivated

Olimar12345

tbh, do we have enough info to be bashing it yet? what if they actually fix their 1 player campaign this time around?
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 25, 2017, 09:34:42 PMam I alone in thinking a second splatoon is idiotic?  The current servers are already small enough
Nope^
I believe it's old hat.

K-NiGhT

nah y'all are wrong splatoon is dope
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

mikey

splatoon is one of my favorite wii U games.  How are none of you understanding my point?

Me: A second splatoon is a bad idea, the people playing the first one won't be able to start a match
You guys: Splatoon was great, this one will also be good
Me: I know splatoon is great, I'm saying a second splatoon is a bad idea when the game is already predominantly online
You guys: but splatoon is good, you shouldn't bash the sequel yet
Me: I'm not bashing the sequel, the servers are just too small to support both games
Seabass: I agree, splatoon 2 is just gonna be the same as the first
Me: gives up?
unmotivated