Game: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Klomp's Romp
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

JDMEK5

Solid looking sheet as always, so good work there. I'll cut right to the chase (*chases?...)

-Game title typo. Not "Donkey Country".
-Measure 8 you say tap the piano with the RH while the notes being played are apparently in the right hand as well. I would either get the other hand tapping or swap the melody into the left hand staff.
-Not a big thing but in measure 18 RH you don't need the 8va marking over the whole measure. Imo it would look more concise and neat if you just had it over the one note and associated grace notes.
-Measure 34: I think it would be more effective to make this a 3/2 time sig rather than 6/4 because that's what seems to come to me from the rhythms. That being said, if you or someone else is sure it's 6/4, then so be it.
-Measure 34: I was going to suggest breaking the last beam between the eighth and the two 16ths in the RH but a better solution would be to just make the preceding quarter note a dotted quarter note. Then you have no need for the eighth at all.

Extra, non-correctional notes:
-Good use of courtesy accidentals throughout.
-I like the clarity and simplicity of everything; that being said,
-It almost looks a little short on dynamics. Maybe you want no dynamic variety at all; maybe it's up to the player to make their own. But I'm just going to leave you with the thought of being sure you don't want to put any more in. So long as you're sure, I'm happy.

Haven't listened to it yet, but good work my friend.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Sebastian

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-Game title typo. Not "Donkey Country".
Wow...how embarrassing. I can't believe I did that xD
Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-Measure 8 you say tap the piano with the RH while the notes being played are apparently in the right hand as well. I would either get the other hand tapping or swap the melody into the left hand staff.
I think I mishappingly (if that's a word) used an incorrect expression text. It should be the left hand, yes. Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-Not a big thing but in measure 18 RH you don't need the 8va marking over the whole measure. Imo it would look more concise and neat if you just had it over the one note and associated grace notes.
I usually put the 8va over the entire measure that is being used, but I think you're right about this one. If anything, it'd make it look better. Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-Measure 34: I think it would be more effective to make this a 3/2 time sig rather than 6/4 because that's what seems to come to me from the rhythms. That being said, if you or someone else is sure it's 6/4, then so be it.
Darn it. This was something I wanted to change before I submitted the sheet, but I totally forgot. xD
Here we go. It should look better now. I updated it to 3/2 for that measure and made the rest 2/2 like I previously wanted. Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-Measure 34: I was going to suggest breaking the last beam between the eighth and the two 16ths in the RH but a better solution would be to just make the preceding quarter note a dotted quarter note. Then you have no need for the eighth at all.
Sounds good to me! Fixed.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-Good use of courtesy accidentals throughout.
Always : )

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AM-I like the clarity and simplicity of everything; that being said,
-It almost looks a little short on dynamics. Maybe you want no dynamic variety at all; maybe it's up to the player to make their own. But I'm just going to leave you with the thought of being sure you don't want to put any more in. So long as you're sure, I'm happy.
I was thinking of putting a forte marking in M. 19, but I don't think it's that intense and, yes, I would like to keep this piece simplistic. :P

Quote from: JDMEK5 on September 13, 2016, 09:38:45 AMbut good work my friend.
Thanks! And thank you for the feedback!

Links updated.

Latios212

Looking good! Just wanted to point out a couple things: the LH part from 35-end sounds like it's entirely staccato in the original. Unless you added those slurs intentionally to provide a different texture. Also that voice is missing a few notes in the very last measure.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Quote from: Latios212 on September 14, 2016, 04:04:04 PMLooking good! Just wanted to point out a couple things: the LH part from 35-end sounds like it's entirely staccato in the original.
Yes and no. It is plucked which gives it a staccato sound, but I believe it is legato since the notes sound connected and I'd like to keep it as is if that is cool with you. Nevertheless, your point is still invaluable!

Quote from: Latios212 on September 14, 2016, 04:04:04 PMAlso that voice is missing a few notes in the very last measure.
Ah, the perks of not having a keyboard: You miss simple notes. :P
Spoiler
[close]

Links have been updated. Thank you for the feedback! It is always very much appreciated.

JDMEK5

Well done. It's good to go. In your piano tap text at the beginning, you had the "w" of "with" on the barline which wasn't pretty so we slid that over slightly. We assumed you wouldn't mind.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeta