News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[PC] Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari) - "Plant" by Olimar12345

Started by Zeta, September 09, 2016, 10:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Cave Story (Doukutsu Monogatari)
Console: PC
Title: Plant
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Olimar12345

[attachment deleted by admin]

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

Two things:
Why no staccatos in the LH?
In m28, the ties are colliding with the 2nd layer. In fact, a few touch-ups on the ties in the 2nd half would make it look a lot nicer.

If NoS posts on this thread as Olimar, I will personally stab him.

mikey

Well tbh I had no intention to.  And I'm not impersonating olimar, I'm dressing up as him for Halloween (at least this isn't like the Maestro fiasco of 2014, that was crazy)
unmotivated

Maelstrom

Eh, it was more of a joke that would seem weird with my new profile pic.
Besides, you can't really pass this off as dressing up for halloween when halloween is 4 weeks away.

mikey

I take Halloween very seriously

I suggest you do the same
unmotivated

The Deku Trombonist

Shops here have already been selling Christmas decorations for a couple of weeks. May as well jump in early.

Olimar12345

Quote from: Maelstrom on October 02, 2016, 09:24:41 PMTwo things:
Why no staccatos in the LH?
In m28, the ties are colliding with the 2nd layer. In fact, a few touch-ups on the ties in the 2nd half would make it look a lot nicer.

-Because they don't sound light or separated.

-In m28 the highest tie is colliding with the first layer. I can adjust that one, but other than maybe moving the one in the previous layer down a couple pixels, what else did you have in mind?

-(not mentioned) I left the unison as it looks in the LH m4 because I thought it looked weird to have it shown with the open note head and a tie, even though I wanted the note rearticulated before being held out again (due to conflicting layers). Thoughts on this? I don't do this elsewhere in the piece because this is the only instance where it would be an open note head against a solid one.

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Latios212

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 02, 2016, 10:27:25 PM-In m28 the highest tie is colliding with the first layer. I can adjust that one, but other than maybe moving the one in the previous layer down a couple pixels, what else did you have in mind?
That's all (and same goes for the left end of the tie in 27).

Quote from: Olimar12345 on October 02, 2016, 10:27:25 PM-(not mentioned) I left the unison as it looks in the LH m4 because I thought it looked weird to have it shown with the open note head and a tie, even though I wanted the note rearticulated before being held out again (due to conflicting layers). Thoughts on this? I don't do this elsewhere in the piece because this is the only instance where it would be an open note head against a solid one.
Had no problem figuring out what it meant when I opened it yesterday, and it looks fine. It's good.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Latios212.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot