News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [Wii] Super Paper Mario - "The Underwhere" by Sebastian

Started by Zeta, September 09, 2016, 07:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Paper Mario
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: The Underwhere
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Sebastian

Sebastian

I went with an accidental direction I personally find easiest to read (M. 20+). I hope they are satisfactory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzQhZf8Z8KY

Bloop

I'm pretty sure the time signature in the song is 12/8 and 9/8: 4/4 and 3/4 describe time signatures that divide the measures groups of 4x2 eighth notes and 3x2 eighth notes respectively, while the song divides the bars in 4x3 and 3x3 eighth notes.

As for accidentals, uh
yes
I think m. 20-22 is something like G minor(-ish? Something with flats probably) and changes into C# minor in m. 23, but I'm not really sure. This song isn't key signature friendly.
If anything, maybe you could consider m. 20-27 keyless, which would help a lot with accidentals too.
I'm sure it changes into C# minor in m. 28.

Sebastian

Sorry for the late response.
You have some very compelling evidence that this song is indeed in 12/8. Furthermore, by your description, I believe you are correct. Since it would take some time to switch over to 12/8 and I don't have as much time as I used to, I am going to update the accidental spellings, archive the sheet in my computer files for later submission, and submit something else.

Thank you for the feedback!