News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak - "Unused Track 2" by Altissimo

Started by Zeta, September 09, 2016, 07:24:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Unused Track 2
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Altissimo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Tobbeh99

You could write some slurs in the RH, as the melody sounds very legato. So you can see the contrast between the LH staccato and the RH legato.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

The problem is the complete lack of well-defined phrases with which to use the slurs... :/ I get what you're getting at but I don't know that slurs specifically are musically appropriate.

JDMEK5

Quote from: Altissimo on September 12, 2016, 11:08:44 AMThe problem is the complete lack of well-defined phrases with which to use the slurs... :/ I get what you're getting at but I don't know that slurs specifically are musically appropriate.
^In a case like this you could use your own judgement. We can negotiate further if needed. But I would personally most likely opt for slurs. It does happen in piano music to see slurs function more as phrase indicators than legato markings within certain pieces. As to whether I would require slurs in this piece, well that'll have to wait till after I can hear it. Pretty sheet though. I liek.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Altissimo on September 12, 2016, 11:08:44 AMThe problem is the complete lack of well-defined phrases with which to use the slurs... :/ I get what you're getting at but I don't know that slurs specifically are musically appropriate.

I see. But you could, in that case, write some text like "Legato in RH", or maybe "Legato in RH, Staccato in LH"(and remove/hide the staccato dots).
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

JDMEK5

Plz change the piano soundfont

In measure 3 I'm hearing a triplet 16th group on the last bit in the RH:

Aside from that I'd say everything checks out accuracy-wise. Upon hearing it, I think a legato indicator of some kind is in order though. Tobbeh's idea is sufficient, or you could maybe put "Legato" near the top at the beginning and let the staccatos speak for themselves. Not as good an idea as Tobbeh's possibly though. I like the clarity of it:
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 12, 2016, 12:35:26 PMI see. But you could, in that case, write some text like "Legato in RH", or maybe "Legato in RH, Staccato in LH"(and remove/hide the staccato dots).

After these things are addressed, I am satisfied.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by JDMEK5.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot