Series: Golden Sun
Game: Golden Sun
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Battle! [Non-Adept]
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Onionleaf

[attachment deleted by admin]

Onionleaf

Eeek, a Battle Theme! :P Big thanks to whoever has a look through this. The notes should be all okay (unless I made a silly mistake) as I used a MIDI rip for reference.

(I'm pretty sure this track exists in both the 1st and 2nd Golden Sun games, hence why I put it under the Golden Sun title)

JDMEK5

That's an overall solid-looking sheet you have there. Only a couple visual things (as I can't listen to it atm):

-Measure 7, RH: The augmentation dot in this measure is causing some problems. Maybe space things out or consider rewriting it without the dot. Whichever you deem more appropriate.
-Measure 8, RH: Not a huge deal, but the tie that's going over the natural is pretty petit. Maybe find a way to make it bigger?
-Repeat system: While "Go to Measure 2" isn't a problem, personally I'm more a fan of Dal Segno. Does the same thing, is less clunky, and more traditional. But since clarity isn't a problem here, I think I'm ok with either.

Oh and just to make sure you're aware, the Bbs in the LH in measures 2-3 are intentional, right? What being with the B natural in the lower register. Again, maybe it was totally intentional, but as I can't listen to the original right now I just figured I'd bring it up to be safe.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Onionleaf

Thanks for checking through the visual side of things, it sure helps when someone takes a fresh look at a sheet.

1) You're right, I didn't even notice the dot was clashing with the other note. Measure 7 should be spaced out now.
2) I enlarged that tie in measure 8, should be okay now, I think.
3) *waves her magic wand* Dal Segno it is, then!
4) Oh yes, those B naturals. Well, in the original the 16th rests just before them are actually Bbs, creating a chromatic run up to C, but I omitted them for playability reasons. Hope that makes sense.

Onionleaf

Anything else I can do to improve this sheet? It might look a bit intimidating, but again, I did use a MIDI rip file for reference so it shouldn't be too bad.
i'm just looking through it again and was thinking to perhaps leave out those B naturals entirely from the bassline (bars 2-3)?

Maelstrom

I'm really not a fan of the bassline.
There are a large amount of notes missing, and it just feels so empty. It really should have an 8vb as well.
When i say the bassline, I mean just about all of it. While it is nice to have a change of pace on pg 2, it just loose the momentum and drive the original song has. I'd just stick with the lowest bassline for the bass clef, and, for the last 2 measures, put the LH stuff into the treble clef and just stick with the bassline for the LH instead.

Onionleaf

Right-o, I'll see how I can spruce up that bassline even more. Thanks! Hopefully I'll be back with some changes soon.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Hiya, sorry for the absence, have been rather tired lately and not up to much of arranging. I'm back this month though, and do have this sitting on my immediate to-do list.

Onionleaf

Okay, I've updated the files, how do they look/sound? I took everything into account that you've recommended, Maelstrom. I wasn't quite sure how it was all going to pan out in the end, but at least I feel that your requested changes have definitely improved the sheet. Please let me know if I missed something!

Maelstrom

Final notes:
1: the play LH text is too big, and should say "Play LH 8vb"
2: On the top of pg 2, you can create a short measure (1/32nd time sig), hide the rests, and shrink it. This will allow you to get the key change after the repeat sign.
3: Dotted eighth rests - Should be written out
4: m6-9 LH - If there is no collision, there is no need to flip the stems. If you need room, increase the space between the staves.

Note stuff:
m5 RH beat 1 4th should be a 3rd - The G should be an A
m2 LH beat 1.5 and likewise - The 2nd C 8th note should actually be a 16th followed by another 16th an octave below (the same as the first)
Measure 4:
Spoiler
[close]
m6-7 LH - Same thing as m2, but this time, the initial notes are wrong. This jump from the 1st to 2nd note should be an octave (Es and Fs)
m10 LH onwards - No repeated bass notes - That's a 8th

That's it.

Onionleaf

Heey, I learnt something new about Finale today. :D Thank you for all the explanations and checks. Sorry if I missed anything, it's past my usual bed time (Zzz).

Latios212

Almost there!

- Measure 6 beat 1 isn't flipped yet.
- Invisible numbers throw off the measure numbers, so edit the measure number regions as such.
- Perhaps a courtesy key change for when measure 9 loops back to measure 2 (at the beginning of 2)...
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Onionleaf

Oops, my bad. ^^" It sounds a bit different now, but it sure looks pretty!

Maelstrom