Submission Information:

Series: Castlevania
Game: Super Castlevania IV
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Password
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: pokeyasd

pokeyasd

The .mus file contains two problems with formatting: composer lines are aligned incorrectly and the only tie archs to the wrong direction. Unfortunately I'm unable to correct these as I only have Finale Notepad. If someone with a more powerful version of Finale would like to help with these, I applaud them to do so. This was originally arranged with MuseScore and the .pdf file has been rendered from there, so it's free from these problems.

Tobbeh99

Ahh you returned! :) welcome back, sort of.

Some feedback:

-The Gb should be a F#.

-There are harmonies missing. There's a high voice above the melody that is missing, containing the exactly same notes as in the bass. You could write it out above the melody, or alternatively, below the melody as an octave bass.

-To make the ties correct, you should make layer 2 (red notes) the "lower layer". Layer 2 is designed that way. So every time you write something using layer 2 it'll be beamed downwards. So use layer 1 for higher voices and layer 2 for lower voices.

-You're missing a dynamic.

-This song goes in D-dorian. Alternatively you could write it in the key of D-minor, with 1 flat, and with neutrals on the Bn's. Both ways work, it's up to you to decide.   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

pokeyasd

Ah, Tobbeh min kompis, thanks again for your excellent feedback. I wish my ears were as accurate as yours are! I'll amend the suggested fixes and get back to you via this thread. Could you hint me where the missing dynamic is supposed to be?

Tack och hejdå!

Tobbeh99

Kul med en till svensk här! Visste inte att du var det :).

-The dynamic should be in the beginning, between the staves, like this song: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2622. Having at least 1 dynamic in your arrangement is mandatory.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 29, 2016, 01:06:12 PM-There are harmonies missing. There's a high voice above the melody that is missing, containing the exactly same notes as in the bass. You could write it out above the melody, or alternatively, below the melody as an octave bass.   

-This one above is more optional, as the bass plays the same notes.

-The repeat in the beginning is redundant, if you have a song that repeats to the beginning of the song, then you don't need a repeat there.

-Also, the note on the metronome mark is kind of small. It would be great if you could size it up a bit or something. 

Also you can use this website to slow down songs, helps a lot: http://www.audiostretch.com/audiostretchforflash/

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

pokeyasd

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 04, 2016, 06:02:40 AM-The dynamic should be in the beginning, between the staves, like this song: http://www.ninsheetmusic.org/download/pdf/2622. Having at least 1 dynamic in your arrangement is mandatory.

Whoops haha, I thought you meant a certain note was missing a dynamics symbol... I forgot a dynamic marking was required. I'll throw something in.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 04, 2016, 06:02:40 AMKul med en till svensk här! Visste inte att du var det :).

I'm actually Finnish and unfortunately my Swedish is a lot worse than it should be, tyvärr...!

Latios212

Don't forget to fix~

Also be sure the arranger name on the sheet matches the one under your profile (whatever you choose).
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

pokeyasd

Sorry for the silence. Just dropping a line that I'll get around this as soon as I get the time. Hopefully very soon...!

Maelstrom

Seeing as this has hit the 2+month mark, I'm going to need to put this away for now. Feel free to resubmit it with the fixes.