[PC] Touhou 13: Ten Desires - "The Youkai Girl at the Gate" by Static

Started by Zeta, August 20, 2016, 04:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Static

One very small change - I added a missing note in the chord in bar 45. However, I have another small accidental question with this part here:

Now I'm not exactly a music theory expert, but should that A# and C# be a Bb and Db because it's the pickup to the Ebm section? I was thinking it should be but because of the L.H. chords there in bar 29, I wasn't too sure.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this lol.

WaluigiTime64

Well considering that the Ebm section is on a new system, and the key signature change is very apparent, I wouldn't necessarily change the accidentals. I'd say it's fine as it is. (I'm no music theory expert either though).

Alternatively you could just make that section D#m instead, but that's up to you.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

I changed that last section to D#m because that makes a lot more sense, at least to me. Also, I made some very minor formatting adjustments. The links in the op should be updated.

WaluigiTime64

The accidentals are all good too.

Just one small thing: The 8vb from M.30 to M.37 says "8va".
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Static

Using 8va for 8vb is a Finale default, and both variations are acceptable as far as I know. I've seen both 8vb and 8va used as 8vb on other sheets on-site here including ones from me that have been accepted in the past (as well as other sheet music in general).

Unless it's absolutely necessary, I don't really see the need to change it.

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: Static on October 03, 2016, 03:57:04 PMUsing 8va for 8vb is a Finale default, and both variations are acceptable as far as I know. I've seen both 8vb and 8va used as 8vb on other sheets on-site here including ones from me that have been accepted in the past (as well as other sheet music in general).

Unless it's absolutely necessary, I don't really see the need to change it.
Yeah, that's pretty true, and I've seen a few like that myself. It's not completely necessary, just something that bugs me.

Maelstrom

Zeta