[DELETED] [3DS] Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - "Nuzleaf's House" (Replacement) by Bespinben

Started by Zeta, August 13, 2016, 06:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tobbeh99

I get what you're talking about. But how are you supposed to know if you made it yourself or not? 
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

The issue here is that he's replacing an arrangement that doesn't need to be replaced, not that he's taking credit for something that isn't his.

Mastersuperfan made an arrangement that's accurate and meets site standards. Sebastion, would it be ok for me to replace one of your on-site arrangements with an arrangment that was of equal quality (accuracy and notation) with the only change being a different artistic direction? Technically against the rules or not, it seems like a dick move to go through the process of replacing a perfectly accurate and decent looking sheet for the sole reason of appeasing Ben's personal interests in the matter of PMD arrangements.

Of course, everyone sitting here shaming him about it is pretty pointless. The only party that matters in this is the other updaters.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on August 18, 2016, 03:47:33 PMI get what you're talking about. But how are you supposed to know if you made it yourself or not? 
Trust. BespinBen has no track record of previously lying about arranging or anything else, so I'd be inclined to trust that he did arrange this song; however, if someone submitted a sheet (let's use King Sammer as an example) and claimed to have arranged a replacement from scratch, we'd probably be more thorough in looking for proof of falsehood. It really depends on the situation.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 18, 2016, 04:10:01 PMThe issue here is that he's replacing an arrangement that doesn't need to be replaced, not that he's taking credit for something that isn't his.
You're exactly right. I wasn't arguing over the validity of this replacement, but rather the rules/guidelines set in place here on NSM about submitting replacements, and responding to Tobbeh's concerns and questions.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 18, 2016, 04:10:01 PMMastersuperfan made an arrangement that's accurate and meets site standards. Sebastion, would it be ok for me to replace one of your on-site arrangements with an arrangment that was of equal quality (accuracy and notation) with the only change being a different artistic direction? Technically against the rules or not, it seems like a dick move to go through the process of replacing a perfectly accurate and decent looking sheet for the sole reason of appeasing Ben's personal interests in the matter of PMD arrangements.
Again, you are correct. It would not be acceptable to submit a replacement for a perfectly accurate sheet. Alas, it is not our decision to make, so there isn't really much point in exclaiming our sentiments.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 18, 2016, 04:10:01 PMOf course, everyone sitting here shaming him about it is pretty pointless. The only party that matters in this is the other updaters.
And you're three for three!
I believe that this is a situation that must be resolved between the Updaters.

Maelstrom

Is it weird that all I noticed when reading this is how strange it is that there was an arranger named baka94?

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: FireArrow on August 18, 2016, 04:10:01 PMThe issue here is that he's replacing an arrangement that doesn't need to be replaced, not that he's taking credit for something that isn't his.
This isn't the first time we've run into issues with this and it certainly won't be the last.

Edit: nothing to do with Ben, just the way things are here.

mikey

there's a reason it's called a challenge come on guys the updaters will decide which one is better and they'll fight to the death
or something
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

ISLAND IN THE SKY
BRING IT
(that one was edited by ben, there's no way you can beat it)
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

unmotivated

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Jokes aside, the hosted arrangement is not in need of replacing. Ben your version is neato but we already have one that is more accurate to the original, and the new original material in yours is not considered "leverage" for reasoning that yours should be hosted over mastersuperfan's version.

Olimar12345