News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

TWG XC Post Game

Started by davy, August 13, 2016, 01:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Good game everyone. Congratulations to blue team for winning.

Role and account reveal:

Shadowkirby (green vigi) was TWG Bowser (purple seer)
TheZeldaPianist275 (orange seer) was TWG Falcon (Pink Vigi)
Olimar12345 (blue guardian) was TWG Luigi (green seer)
dajwxp (pink guardian) was TWG Kirby (blue vigi)
AwesomeYears (pink reviver) was TWG Pikachu (green guardian)
FireArrow (blue seer) was TWG Yoshi (orange reviver)
Bubbles (red guardian) was TWG Link (orange vigi)
NocturneOfShadow (purple reviver) was TWG Samus (orange guardian)
E. Gadd Industries (red reviver) was TWG Waluigi (pink seer)
BrainyLucario (blue reviver) was TWG Tingle (purple vigi)
Maelstrom (red vigi) was TWG Ness (green reviver)
BlackDragonSlayer (red seer) was TWG Mario (purple guardian)

Phase summary:

Night 1:
Two teams claimed right from the start. Olimar (the blue guardian) tried to unite team blue, while BDS (the red seer) tried to unite team red. FireArrow and TWG Samus (Nocturne), claimed to Olimar, with FireArrow claiming his own role while Nocturne claimed blue guardian, which obviously failed because Olimar was the blue guardian. Only FireArrow claimed to BDS, claiming that he was the red guardian. Most players were suspicious of these early claims, so BrainyLucario and TWG Kirby (daj) didn't claim to Olimar, Bubbles didn't claim to BDS (which would end up severely hurting team red) and Maelstrom and E. Gadd waited with claiming to BDS untill the start and end respectively of day one. Shadowkirby decides to get rid of the earliest claimer. Tingle (Brainy) does that as well, which effectively means that he kills his own alliance leader. TWG Falcon (TZP) vigi's Bubbles because a random vigi has a high chance of hitting an enemy as he words it. Daj decides to throw a curveball by vigi'ing and guarding Bubbles in the same night phase, which puts a spotlight on bubbles. TZP and TWG Bowser (shadowkirby) succesfully manage to seer a member of their team (TWG Yoshi and Nocturne respectively), while FireArrow gets a red seering on E. Gadd, which he uses to the fullest on the next phase.

Day 1:
Immediately at the start of the day Nocturne (the purple reviver) claims publicly. TZP and Bowser contact the players that they seer'd, with TZP and Yoshi creating a behind the scenes alliance. Nocturne, realising that he has the more important role retracts his claim so that Bowser can be the alliance leader. He also makes Bowser tell the topic that he (Nocturne) is actually orange in an attempt to create an orange alliance (since his alt, TWG Samus is orange). However, that little interaction in the topic greatly reduced nocturne's trustworthyness so nobody claims. FireArrow fake claims purple reviver to Bowser. Nocturne and Bowser both realise that this is a fake claim, because the role of purple reviver belongs to Nocturne. However, they decide that it is more important that FireArrow does not realise that he has been found out then that the members of team purple are being kept secret, so they give all the information to FireArrow (except that Nocturne is the purple reviver). FireArrow also fake claims to E. Gadd, claiming to be the red guardian. Since E. Gadd hadn't contacted BDS yet, he has no way of verifying FireArrow's claim, so he just assumes that FireArrow is speaking the truth. Meanwhile, Maelstrom claims his role to BDS, and since BDS didn't get any counterclaims, he feels safe to start a red alliance with Mael and FireArrow. Maelstrom is quickly forced to claim that his alt is TWG Ness, the green reviver to BDS because BDS had plans to vigi him (Ness). Appearantly, Brainy thinks Bowser's claim is more trustworthy than Olimar's, so he decides to claim his alt's (TWG Tingle) role to Bowser, which makes team purple the most well organized team at this point of the game, especially because they also reveal their alts to eachother. Only Mario (BDS) does not claim to Bowser because BDS thinks that his red alliance is going pretty well at this point and he doesn't think he'll need to team up with team purple any time soon. With his main account gone Luigi (Olimar) claims to FireArrow in hopes of keeping the blue alliance alive, while also claiming his role.  While all this is going on, daj makes a pretty sweet move; he claims for team pink on his alt (TWG Kirby, which is the blue vigi) while in reality his main account is pink. This allows him to draw fire to his alt while keeping his main, which would become the actual alliance leader, safe. He gets claims from TWG Waluigi (E. Gadd, who appearantly thought that Kirby was more trustworthy than BDS) and from TWG Falcon (TZP) both claiming their own roles. E. Gadd only reveals this account on the condition that daj guards FireArrow the next night phase, which he does. In the mids of all of this, Brainy contacts E. Gadd in order to exchange information. Brainy leaks all the information about team purple to E. Gadd, while E. Gadd leaks the false information about FireArrow (and eventually about the red team) to Brainy. E. Gadd then finally decides to claim to BDS, which makes BDS thinks he has the complete team red united. FireArrow asks team purple to vigi E. Gadd, the red reviver. Brainy leaks this info to E. Gadd, yet this does not make E. Gadd too suspicious of FireArrow yet. On a hunch, nocturne decides to claim orange to TZP. TZP decides to trust him and reveals  his own role as well as TWG Yoshi's. Noct then lies about his alt, which makes TZP stop trusting him. Noct did obtain his info, though, which he leaks to team purple. Brainy then leaks that info to E. Gadd, who leaks it to team red, where it reaches FireArrow again. Aside from all this behind the scenes stuff, there is also a lynching (you'd almost forget that). Initially, BDS appears to be the biggest lynch target, but eventually, team purple decides to lynch their seer, because having a player that you can revive can be benificial if you only have one guardian, but two revivers and one alliance leader who is neither of those two roles.

Night 2:
Nocturne revives Bowser, Brainy and Yoshi both revive Olimar. Shadowkirby attempts to vigi FireArrow as per Nocturne's request, and despite Brainy pleading him not to (because Brainy knows that FireArrow is going to be guarded). Kirby (daj) decides to vigi Nocturne for some reason, who is also guarded by both his alt and by bubbles, who thinks she's protecting the orange alliance leader. Tingle (Brainy) vigi's Kirby, seeing as he is the alliance leader and such. Link (Bubbles), the orange vigi vigi's TZP, the orange seer, for some reason (that was some misfire). After learning from FireArrow that E. Gadd is the red reviver, TWG Falcon decides to get rid of him, and BDS prioritizes keeping himself alive over keeping his reviver alive. Maelstrom doesn't get online in time to send his vigi. BDS gets a red seering result on Bubbles, alarming him that something is wrong with his alliance, while Luigi (Olimar) gets an important pink seering on AwesomeYears. E. Gadd seers Kirby (daj) blue.

Day 2.
Dajwxp reveals his master plan to Waluigi (E. Gadd) and Falcon (TZP) and unites the pink team. This is short lived, however, since E. Gadd continues to message Brainy multiple times despite having been killed the last night phase (in which he reveals that Kirby (daj) is blue), before I have the chance to say anything about it. I make the decision to remove E. Gadd from the game, which unfortunately severly weakens both team red and team pink. BDS decides to claim to Bubbles, and learns that FireArrow was the fake claimer. BDS attempts to ally himself with Nocturne, but the manner in which he attempts to do that (titling his message: "Blackmail Time?" for example) causes it to be fruitless (I found this really unfortunate, because if BDS would have teamed up with team purple, he could have convinced bubbles to play for team purple and control the game from that point on). Olimar gets Brainy to admit to him that he is the blue reviver. In exchange, Olimar tells him that he is the blue guardian, and Brainy leaks this info to team purple. Falcon (TZP) having lost both his main account temporally, and the pink seer (Waluigi) permanently decides to reveal the seer and vigi roles from both team red and team purple, the most well developed teams at this point (although team red did recieve a big hit). NocturneOfShadow gets insta'd, because team purple thinks Brainy will just revive him while everyone else just wants to get rid of the reviver.

Night 3:
With Nocturne down, Brainy decides to jump ship and fully joins blue team. With team pink doing pretty bad and team blue doing pretty good, dajwxp does the same. Brainy revives Kirby (daj), and vigi's AwesomeYears (who as FireArrow had worked out based on Luigi's (Olimar) seering had to be the pink reviver) with his alt. Falcon (TZP) decides that FireArrow is doing a bit too well so he decides to vigi him, however, he is guarded by daj. Link (Bubbles) vigi's Tingle for some reason, Maelstrom doesn't get his vigi in (again) and shadowkirby becomes inactive.

Day 3:
NocturneOfShadow gets mad at Brainy for not reviving him, yet decides to continue to trust him when Brainy's excuse is: "I forgot". BDS, realizing the danger from team blue, decides to lead a lynch on Brainy, the blue reviver. Bubbles on the other hand thinks that FireArrow is a reviver (you know, since he has been guarded two nights in a row) and leads a lynch on him. Blue team tries to push the lynch on FireArrow to make it seem that they are not an organized team, although at this point, AwesomeYears is the only player left that could be fooled that way. This ends in a KitB with BrainyLucario being the unfortunate lynch victim.

Night 4:
At this point, red team unfortunately does not know yet which team blue member has which role. Their vigi's hit TWG Kirby (daj, blue vigi), and TWG Yoshi (FireArrow, orange reviver), who is obviously guarded. Falcon, who still trusts daj, decides to vigi Maelstrom to "hurt the reds". Tingle (Brainy) vigi's Ness (Maelstrom), who is guarded by Bubbles. Yoshi (FireArrow) revives Brainy.

Day 4:
Team blue decides to lead a lynch on TWG Ness (Maelstrom), the last living reviver that is not affilated to team blue. Falcon (TZP) realises that if Ness is lynched, team blue is going to have a very easy victory, so he decides to reveal team blue and lead a lynch on FireArrow. At this point, it seemed to me that team blue had been marked as the biggest target and that they would end up getting defeated by being to strong at this point in the game. However, Falcon (TZP) and team red needed the full cooperation of all non-blue players in order to get the lynch of Maelstrom. Unfortunately, Nocturne still trusted Brainy while Pikachu (AwesomeYears) for some reason decided to lynch HIS OWN REVIVER.

Night 5:
At this point, the game is over. Team blue can revive the same amount of players that can be vigi'd in one night phase, so they will never lose members. Or so it seems untill Yoshi (FireArrow) mistakenly sends his revive to himself rather than to me. Therefore only TWG Tingle (Brainy) gets revived, while Link (Bubbles) and Falcon (TZP) spectacularily hit two out of three remaining blue players (Olimar and FireArrow).

Day 5:
At this point, team blue has 5 living players (Yoshi, Daj, Luigi, Brainy and Tingle). Out of the remaining 9 players, 4 are team red (Bubbles, BDS and their alts), 3 are inactive (Shadowkirby, Bowser and Pikachu) and the remaining two are Falcon and Samus. If Falcon and samus team up with team red, they can outvote team blue. BDS leads the lynch on Yoshi and Samus joins him. Unfortunately, since both Falcon and Bubbles have an alt on team orange, they are reluctant to vote for yoshi and end up not voting at all. This paves the way for a lynching on TWG Mario and allowing Yoshi to survive.

Endgame:
With team blue consistently reviving their members and the rest of the playerbase having no consensus, blue victory was pretty much inevitable at this point.

Player Analysis:

Bubbles: Good job getting guarded night 1. I was not a fan of your no claiming strategy, especially considering that it hurt team red quite a lot (although you couldn't know what role FireArrow was going to fake claim). On the other hand, I did like your activity in the topic, as one of the few people that tried to reason against team blue's BS. I'm not not sure why you didn't go for the Yoshi lynch on day 5 (were you still trying to get a team orange win with Yoshi?), which would eventually lead to team blue's victroy. Overal I commend you for your activity in the topic, but try to be a bit less paranoid with alliance joining next time.

Olimar12345: First team to claim, last team standing. Although guardian ususally is not the safest role to publicly claim, as you would soon find out. Fortunately you had two revivers on your side, so from day 2, you started leading team blue again. I was pretty surprised that you managed to persuade Brainy to join team blue, so good job on that. I hated all of your BS arguments against BDS especially because there was no one left (except mayby AY) that you even could convince. Nevertheless, team blue continued to have the majority of votes and you (together with FireArrow) lead your team to victory, so good job.

dajwxp: As I said in my phase summary allready: you did a really good job with your kirby claim. Unfortunately, team pink fell through due to AY not claiming and E. Gadd getting banned. After some messages with brainy, you decided to ditch team pink and join team blue. You did a very good job convincing Falcon that you were still playing for team pink, and just rode the team blue train to victory. Also, your double target on Bubbles on night 1: at first I was like "what the hell is he doing", but then I saw how it made for an amazing discussion on the following day phase. Honorable Mention

AwesomeYears: First, let me apologize for making you play another game without wolves, since you said you disliked that in the post game of TWG LXXXVIII. Nevertheless, I had hoped that you had learned from that game that it was necessairy to involve yourself in the behind the scenes game, which you didn't. Also, why did you even vote for Ness when it had been pointed out that he was the GREEN reviver? I really hope that you step up your game, because I know that you can do better.

Shadowkirby:
Quote from: shadowkirby in the player sign-ups on July 22, 2016, 08:00:46 PMI've been reading this, just not posting but I'm gonna be active!
Well, you were active for the start of the game, which I really enjoyed. It's been a long time since I've seen you playing so well. You got in contact with Noct after seering him and then took over as the alliance leader when he requested that. I would have liked to see you question Noct's more, well, questionable decisions (such as revealing Tingle to FireArrow), but you just ended up following his lead. It was unfortunate seeing you go inactive because that kinda meant the end for team purple. If you return however, I would really like to see you play like you did at the early part of this game.

BlackDragonSlayer: Team red was really unfortunate. First FireArrow managed to infiltrate your alliance, and then E. Gadd got kicked out of the game. At that point, I was kind off surprised that you didn't jump to team purple, especially because you could convince Bubbles to join team purple as well (by telling her that certain team purple members were actually red). The idea of seeking cooperation from Nocturne was good, the execution wasn't. When team blue turned out to be the biggest threat to the game, you did a good job to alert everyone to the danger. Unfortunately, since other players had different priorities, you could not turn the lynch against team blue. You did a good job, but the state the game was in made it impossible for you alone to turn the game around.

Maelstrom: You missed your first three vigi's before landing a vigi on a guarded Yoshi. While I can't really say you were inactive, you weren't there when it mattered, especially on the Ness lynch. It was a real shame, though, since I know how good of a player you can be.

TheZeldaPianist275:
Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on July 26, 2016, 09:50:18 PMDavy, I legitimately can't remember having this much fun playing a TWG.  I take back whatever I said before about it taking too much energy XD

Thanks for hosting!
I loved this message and I'm happy for you that you enjoyed the game this much. A lucky seering on Yoshi enabled you to create an orange alliance, and you weren't afraid to go for the pink alliance as well. Unfortunately, a random vigi from your on team did your main account in, and team pink had been given up after AwesomeYears remained silent and E. Gadd got kicked out. I liked how you tried to get the topic involved by revealing bits of information about the other teams, but it didn't really pay off since information spread pretty fast behind the scenes. You did realise when you needed to cooperate with BDS in order to stop team blue from winning, but at the end of the game, you've lost your focus by not lynching Yoshi and vigi'ing TWG Mario (which even if he was alive would have been a bad play). I hope you can keep your focus a bit longer next game, because when you had it, you played pretty good.

NocturneOfShadow: As fank009 can tell you, publicly claiming as the reviver is not the smartest idea. You did retract your claim after Bowser contacted you, but you ended up getting lynched day 2 anyway. I usually don't get the chance to see how you play, seeing as you usually get lynched day 1, and I was somewhat surprised with how good you played. You did make some really poor decisions, such as revealing Tingle to FireArrow, lying to TZP when claiming to him, leaking the team orange info to team purple, but especially: continuing to trust Brainy after he failed to revive you TWICE. Had you just teamed up with BDS and Falcon, you could have defeated team blue, and could even have gone for a team purple victory if both Brainy and BDS were on board after team blue had been eliminated. I can't be too harsh on you, though, since I made a similar (and arguably worse) error in TWG XXX. The most important thing is that you learn from your mistakes, and if you combined those learned lessons with the good play you showed this game, you can really do well.

BrainyLucario: Okay, so why did you think it was a good idea to reveal all the information about team purple to E. Gadd? That really destroyed team purple, since E. Gadd gave the information to his team mates, including FireArrow, who in turn gave the information to everybody else. Lucky for you, your alt team was doing well, so it required a little convincing from Olimar to get you to join team blue. When you were on team blue though, you did a really good job on convincing Noct that you were still on his team, altough Noct is mainly to blame for that. All in all, you've played, in my opinion, your best game so far and you won, so props for that.

E. Gadd Industries: It's a shame to see you go, man, because you were consistently improving every game. I can't really blame you for trusting FireArrow, since he decieved the entire red team, but I can blame you for your alliance with Brainy. In games like this, it's better not to have all your information circulating everywhere, and it did end up getting you vigi'd (and eventually kicked out of the game). Nevertheless, you did a good job of being active in the alliances that you were supposed to be in, and had you not been kicked out of the game, both team pink and team red were viable options for you to win the game with.

FireArrow: What hasn't been said about you this game? You were the first one to join an alliance, worked together with TZP on your seccond alliance, atempted to infiltrate three alliances, two of which were succesful and you got the information from the third one anyway, and got the ball rolling on the team blue victory. You also survived two vigi's, drawing the attention to your main account rather than two the revivers. You were also the first player to find out everybody's roles, which made the team blue victory much easier from there. Not to mention that you also convinced Bubbles that Falcon was a team blue player at the end of the game. Although you may disagree yourself, I think that with out a doubt, you were the most valueble player in this game. Therefore I grant you mvp

It was a great game everyone. Let's keep this up!
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on August 13, 2016, 01:11:56 PMTWG Falcon (Pink Seer)

TWG Waluigi (pink seer)
???

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 28, 2016, 07:33:05 AMThe E. Gadd thing was definitely not reassuring, but it's not the only reason why I contacted you. I'm trying to help you make this as easy for the both of us as possible, because if you don't cooperate, things can and will get worse for both of us.
YOU HAPPY NOW NOC!? WE COULD HAVE WON TOGETHER BUT YOU HAD TO ACT SO F-F-F-FOOLISH.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

E. Gadd Industries

I guess now is a good time to say that I'm officially retiring from TWG. Sure, my career was short-lived, but this game took up a lot of my time, even with how early I was kicked out. Time that could've been used elsewhere, like arranging. I did have a really fun time playing, and who knows? I may start again at some point in the future, but that won't be for a considerably long time. With that said, I will still spectate the games (as I did this one), but apart from that, I won't associate with TWG. It's time I focus my efforts on arranging. Thanks for the fun, all, and especially to you, davy.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

Sorry
We could have won if brainy had listened to me but hey good work?
unmotivated

Olimar12345

^lmao brainy won though so it's not like he's in the wrong xD
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

I love that "on a hunch, nocturne..." part
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Also, I don't think I ever had plans to specifically vigi TWG Ness- I simply said TWG Ness was an open target.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

AwesomeYears

That whole game was bloody confusing. I didn't know that roles weren't revealed when someone died so my thoughts were in the blue. In the end, I got bored and didn't care really about the game. Also 2 protective roles are pretty unlucky for me :P

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on August 13, 2016, 01:11:56 PMUnfortunately, Nocturne still trusted Brainy while Pikachu (AwesomeYears) for some reason decided to lynch HIS OWN REVIVER.
confirmed that everybody was acting as inane as i thought they were

Also, the reason why I kept guarding myself was because I was expecting to be vigi'd (being an alliance leader, and all) and because I expected TWG Ness to be guarded as well- if FireArrow hadn't been part of the alliance, I suppose both of those would have been true.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

my two cents

In gereral there was way too much trusting and information leaking. Like, I 95% accurate map of everyones role day 3 or something just by spamming random PMs to people and it wasn't just me. I'm pretty sure most players accomplished similar things once they found out who was who on blue team. It's like people (including myself) didn't expect to ever be betrayed in a game entirely built around being a double agent. I guess NSMers are too nice or something ;3

I had huge plans that didn't really work out. The only thing I can really take credit for is sniping out TWG Ness and Awesome Years who would of otherwise gone under the radar. Otherwise I failed to keep Egadd away from BDS, I failed to get bubbles to leak false info to BDS, I failed to get anything out of purple team (though for some reason you guys told me about tingle?), and I completely fell for the whole nocturne not being purple shenanigan early on. And holy crap sending a revive to myself >_>

Dajwxp deserves MVP. He played extremely cleanely and the only mistake he made was letting falcon live too long. Additionally, he kept his allegiance with blue a secret until victory was assured. c:

Brainy was the center of this game. Sorry I was kind of mean to you when you first joined blue, but I needed to make sure you were allied with us since this game at its core just came down to you deciding whether blue or purple team won.

BDS you had the right idea for pretty much everything the entire game, you just made three huuuugeee errors. One, you assumed I was important even though I was just a seer - even after TZP revealed that you were still gung-ho on my death. Two, you assumed that my death ended blue team. I'd argue brainy was the best lynch target after my death, but yoshi was still probably the second best option; it's just that your wording of trying to end this nonexistant orange alliance took away from the power of your lynch. If you would of said "blue alliance is still alive and strong with two revivers, we have to kill them!" you could of probably convinced the orange folks to stand behind you. The third was telling me about TWG Ness, though you could argue that's more bubbles fault for not claiming to you.

Bubbles you played the game well... that is if everyone else played equally well. All these alliances formed and exchanged information without you and I was able to effectively take your spot in red team for a couple phases so yeah...

Olimar I don't know why people didn't trust you at first, I kinda figured the first person to claim would be the most trustworthy. Anyways thanks for doing that because I was planning on being the person to claim but you doing it left me open to go around flase claiming to everyone. My advice to you though would be less afraid to make your own decisions. You knew that the right thing to do that one day was to lynch me over brainy (and it was!), but you waiting for my a-ok before doing it and I didn't wake up on time. :c

TZP orange team started and ended with you in one phase. After that it was pretty obvious you put all your chips into pink and your existance from that point forward was pretty much to make what would of been a free victory for blue a much more challenging one. You're responsible for the reveal of TWG Yoshi (who would of otherwise been unkown) and the dynamic of our alliance along with having the power to make well calcualted night kills. Daj thought he could manipulate you but yeah, that didn't last for long.

Egadd if you didn't die pink, red, and blue/purple team would of all been on equal footing with a slight advantage to the former two. For some reason you didn't catch on to the fact that I told you my alt was a seer and that I told BDS my alt was a vigi. Also your permanent death basically turned the game into inactive purple team vs. hyper active blue team.

Blue team, despite what bubbles said, I think did play well. A large part of our victory was thanks to things outside of our control (namely Egadd and inactivity), but that's not to say we didn't capitalize on that in the best way we could.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

TheZeldaPianist275

That was a blast. I didn't play fantastic (my 180 on whether to trust Noc was plain stupid) but losing Waluigi and apparently randomly getting shanked by Bubbles stacked the deck against me partway through. Still, lots of fun.

@FA Dude, it was the other way round for me. I was desperately hoping you'd pull orange together instead of diving into blue completely. Pink was NOT gonna win with a two-man alliance, one of whom was also on blue team.

More thoughts when I make it to a computer

FireArrow

The reason I didn't pull together orange team was because I had no intention of trusting either noc or bubbles. Bubbles just wasn't trusting anyone and I didn't think I'd be able to get her to put all her reasources into an alliance and noc for some reason decided to tell the world about the orange reviver. Like dude, I know you were trying for a purple team victory but compeltely destroying your back up win condition on day 1 probably isn't the wisest thing to do.

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on August 13, 2016, 04:55:48 PMBDS you had the right idea for pretty much everything the entire game, you just made three huuuugeee errors. One, you assumed I was important even though I was just a seer - even after TZP revealed that you were still gung-ho on my death.
The first reason we wanted to kill you was to ensure that you didn't leak any information about TWG Ness. After that, it was mostly to ensure that the reviver between you and TWG Yoshi was dead just in case there were any more false-claiming shenanigans going on (plus, the night that you were vigi'd, I took a guess and suspected that you wouldn't be guarded, which worked out; it's too bad inactivity of several key players ensured that it wouldn't stay that way).

QuoteTwo, you assumed that my death ended blue team. I'd argue brainy was the best lynch target after my death, but yoshi was still probably the second best option; it's just that your wording of trying to end this nonexistant orange alliance took away from the power of your lynch.
I figured Noc wouldn't be on board with a Brainy lynch; even though I suggested both options to him, it didn't matter regardless!

QuoteIf you would of said "blue alliance is still alive and strong with two revivers, we have to kill them!" you could of probably convinced the orange folks to stand behind you. The third was telling me about TWG Ness, though you could argue that's more bubbles fault for not claiming to you.
To be honest, at that point, I wasn't really certain whether the main focus was on blue trying to manipulate orange, or orange trying to manipulate blue, so I just reiterated what the numbers already said- that orange had the most dedicated and valuable resources alive (especially because Brainy's alt was purple, and I figured if blue was sufficiently wrecked, with the deaths of important voting resources, and the ability to lynch another vital role, he would abandon their cause, which... he didn't do).

QuoteBlue team, despite what bubbles said, I think did play well. A large part of our victory was thanks to things outside of our control (namely Egadd and inactivity), but that's not to say we didn't capitalize on that in the best way we could.
And the fact that Brainy kept insisting on supporting blue team even when he was really the only thing keeping it afloat (i.e. if he had lynched TWG Yoshi and revived Noc, blue would have been crippled without any revivers, while purple would have almost a full team and me/Bubbles still "trying to work together" to make up for the loss). That's kind of the problem with the game being so reviver-centric. Speaking of which, there are a few changes I'd suggest to make to this game format to make it a little more balanced:
1: Make seers more powerful, e.g. have the results give role along with color (since the seering itself is rather useless except for verifying claims or in conjunction with information obtained from other sources), have the person being seered have their power negated, or have the option to instead get the name of the person's alt and its color (a bit iffy on this one, as it would make the game more centered around finding out peoples' identities, which might lessen the impact of having anon accounts in the first place)
2: Add a roleblocker (if you don't give the seer that power), though this would require adding more players.
3: Add a "can only be revived once" limit, which would be critical in games with more players so you don't end up in a situation where one team can keep reviving the same players over and over again.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

Yeah, read my comment about brainy in my text wall. That's really what things came down to after E gadd died, it's just that you could of stopped blue team if you cooridinated attacks to kill both revivers in one day/night cycle earlier on and kept going at it until you succeeded, and you're lust for my head distracted you a bit from this. I'm calling this a mistake mainly because TWG Falcon gave you a chance to do this but you didn't take it. Once it was revealed I was a seer you should of tried to change the lynch onto yoshi or brainy (though inactivity would of made it not matter, like you said) and tried to publically coordinate attacks against blue (like saying "guys, please don't vigi FireArrow he's entirely useless atm outside of a lynch vote.")

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on August 13, 2016, 05:45:46 PMYeah, read my comment about brainy in my text wall. That's really what things came down to after E gadd died, it's just that you could of stopped blue team if you cooridinated attacks to kill both revivers in one day/night cycle earlier on and kept going at it until you succeeded, and you're lust for my head distracted you a bit from this. I'm calling this a mistake mainly because TWG Falcon gave you a chance to do this but you didn't take it. Once it was revealed I was a seer you should of tried to change the lynch onto yoshi or brainy (though inactivity would of made it not matter, like you said) and tried to publically coordinate attacks against blue (like saying "guys, please don't vigi FireArrow he's entirely useless atm outside of a lynch vote.")
Revivers tend to be guarded, though, and especially with 2 or 3 possible guardians alive!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber