[DELETED] [NDS] Kirby Super Star Ultra - "Masked Dedede (Two Pianos)" by Dinos24SP

Started by Zeta, August 11, 2016, 08:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby Super Star Ultra
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Masked Dedede
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: Dinos24SP

PetrifiedLasagna

Am I the only one who thinks this may be all or partially in cut time?

Anyways, you have a really solid arrangement here. I love how you nailed that nice free-form section too. It sent chills down my spine.

I would recommend using an 8va on the first piano from the center (two beats) of m12 to the center of m16. As well as the center of m20 to that first note in m22. This would really help on the readability of those two parts.

braix

Fit measures to 3 per system
Change page size to 80% to fill the first page so it looks nice
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PMBraixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

dinos24SP

Thanks for the feedback guys! Made a few edits based on your suggestions~

Dekkadeci

A few things I'd like to see fixed:
  • The song looks significantly less clumsy with a 2-quarter-note-long pickup bar. I also think that a 2-quarter-note-long pickup bar fits with the Youtube video.
  • The topmost notes I hear in the Youtube video in your Bars 5-6 (starting at the quarter note = 150 mark, ending at the half note) are B and B flat, alternating. (I habitually sing A flat and G there.) Thus, I don't think that topmost notes of E flat and D there are correct.
  • The right hand Piano II accompaniment starting in the middle of Bar 6 should go G-Eb-C-Eb from the beginning to the end of each quarter note, not your current C-Eb-G-Eb.
  • The start of Bar 8 misses out on the series of G's that the Youtube video has (at 0:12). I recommend copying the beginning of the Piano I's Bar 24 (and possibly doing octave G's there, just like the sum of the right hands of the beginning of Bar 24) to fix this.
  • The melody in Bars 8-9 should go Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-F-G, not your current Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-Eb-F.

I might find more errors later.

dinos24SP

dinos24SP

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 12, 2016, 08:19:40 PMA few things I'd like to see fixed:
  • The song looks significantly less clumsy with a 2-quarter-note-long pickup bar. I also think that a 2-quarter-note-long pickup bar fits with the Youtube video.
  • The start of Bar 8 misses out on the series of G's that the Youtube video has (at 0:12). I recommend copying the beginning of the Piano I's Bar 24 (and possibly doing octave G's there, just like the sum of the right hands of the beginning of Bar 24) to fix this.
  • The melody in Bars 8-9 should go Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-F-G, not your current Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-Bb-C-Eb-C-Eb-F.

Fixed these

Quote from: Dekkadeci on August 12, 2016, 08:19:40 PM
  • The topmost notes I hear in the Youtube video in your Bars 5-6 (starting at the quarter note = 150 mark, ending at the half note) are B and B flat, alternating. (I habitually sing A flat and G there.) Thus, I don't think that topmost notes of E flat and D there are correct.
  • The right hand Piano II accompaniment starting in the middle of Bar 6 should go G-Eb-C-Eb from the beginning to the end of each quarter note, not your current C-Eb-G-Eb.

Tried these, but wasn't a huge fan of how they turned out, still prefer how I had them :/

Updated files above. :)
Still a bit of a Finale noob (I prefer Musescore tbh) - what causes the fading effect before the repeat during playback and on the MIDI? How do I get rid of it?

Thanks again!

Maelstrom

Tobbeh99

You have harmonies in the RH melody in measures 8-15 but what happened with them after that? You should include the harmonies in measures 16-19 as you've done with measures 8-15.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

FireArrow

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 20, 2016, 08:04:53 PMDid you, by chance, get this from a midi?

It's really similar to the VGmusic midi but not exact. So either he copied it with some creative liberties or no.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

dinos24SP

I did create this from a MIDI. I thought I had downloaded the actual MIDI rip from the game, but now I see that it was actually someone else who arranged it. I apologize, I wasn't trying to steal credit :/ What are the rules surrounding these situations? Should I ask the original arranger for permission?

Maelstrom

A general rule(s) of thumb for midis:
Rule number 1: Don't use them as source material. Use them to check what you hear.
Rule number 2: Never trust midis you find online. If you want a midi that badly, rip it from the game yourself so you can be sure of it's accuracy.

edit: And yeah, if someone else did it, you should probably remove it.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on August 24, 2016, 01:31:09 PMA general rule(s) of thumb for midis:
Rule number 1: Don't use them as source material. Use them to check what you hear.
Rule number 2: Never trust midis you find online. If you want a midi that badly, rip it from the game yourself so you can be sure of it's accuracy.

edit: And yeah, if someone else did it, you should probably remove it.

How do you rip soundtracks from games to midis?
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom