News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

TWG XC: Spliter Personalities

Started by davy, July 23, 2016, 04:05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

Welp. Let's talk real business. Don't think we needed to publicise that, but ooh, this is fun~

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 02, 2016, 03:38:12 PMThen prove it to everyone else. At the very least, FireArrow is at the center of some sort of alliance, given that:
1: He infiltrated the red alliance due to a lack of claims and was in contact with members from other teams to share information. It is likely that he downplayed this element greatly.
2: He was guarded, and vigi'd on more than one occasion.
3: He apparently has at least one vigi, likely more, under his influence.
4: He has people on orange and blue supporting him vote-wise.

All true. The only problem is that we're assuming that FireArrow is a reviver. I don't know this for sure, but I know that Ness is one. The information FireArrow gave us checks off with some other info I got, and regardless of which side Ness is on, he's a reviver, and for this game to progress he needs to go down.

Consider the possibility that FA is not a reviver, maybe - sure, we can kill him, but the damage has been done, the alliance has been carved in steel, and I think we're screwed anyway. They can even revive him in the night just for the lols, but there wouldn't be a need for that if he isn't a reviver - do the math a little~

We need to hit a reviver this phase, and Ness is our only option ;)

daj

Yeah, ninja'd by Olimar and network lag, hehe.

We basically touched the same point haha, here's some proper reasoning for ya ;)

(oh god this saltiness is fun ahahahaha~)

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 02, 2016, 05:58:31 PMOkay then, mr. paranoidAF: what will come of this lynch that will be of any good for anyone other than red team? If firearrow's so well-loved by all of these mysterious alliances, how would lynching him now stop him from being revived next phase like brainy? Obviously that's what will happen for someone who has been guarded multiple times.
Because we know who to kill now to stop that.

QuoteRather than waste our time dealing with a spy who has connections, how about we deal with the out-in-the-open red team? You keep insinuating that this benefits everyone, but I don't see it.
FireArrow is more than "a spy with connections." You are intentionally downplaying his significance so you can try to make him seem less of a target. Red, green, and pink (and half of purple, I guess) all cannot individually deal with blue/orange, who are the ones leading this lynch, and the only ones who will benefit from it.

Because red team is weak. We've had a long serious of debilitating blows this game (false claimer, reviver getting kicked from the game, and several actions going quite different than expected due to a variety of reasons). Killing a reviver on a team that isn't a threat (before you think I'm exaggerating, consult the earlier list of easily confirmable events) doesn't get you anything.

QuoteI just see you wanting to get rid of a mistake you made which ended up getting your entire team revealed.
This won't "get rid" of it. I'm trying to help the other teams, as hard to believe as that sounds.

Quote from: dajwxp on August 02, 2016, 06:02:33 PMWelp. Let's talk real business. Don't think we needed to publicise that, but ooh, this is fun~

All true. The only problem is that we're assuming that FireArrow is a reviver. I don't know this for sure, but I know that Ness is one. The information FireArrow gave us checks off with some other info I got, and regardless of which side Ness is on, he's a reviver, and for this game to progress he needs to go down.

Consider the possibility that FA is not a reviver, maybe - sure, we can kill him, but the damage has been done, the alliance has been carved in steel, and I think we're screwed anyway. They can even revive him in the night just for the lols, but there wouldn't be a need for that if he isn't a reviver - do the math a little~

We need to hit a reviver this phase, and Ness is our only option ;)
You don't need to get rid of a reviver: you need to get rid of the reviver on the strongest team(s) right now (especially considering how close those teams could be to victory, and especially considering the deaths on every other team), which certainly aren't red/green. Getting rid of TWG Ness will only ensure your downfall (especially considering that I'm assuming you don't have a reviver, based on FireArrow's insistence to kill AwesomeYears on the fact that he was supposed to be a reviver).

Quote from: FireArrow on July 29, 2016, 08:10:43 PMWell, Awesome Years is confirmed pink reviver now the guessing game isn't necessary vigi whoever you want mael.

What you're doing right now is avoiding the possibility that might give you a chance, and going for the possibility that is the shiniest and most appealing on a surface level (but hey, all that glitters isn't gold!). You have nothing to lose by this, but more to gain (and what lynch are they going to suggest next phase? Me? Certainly not one of orange or blue's revivers! Now's the only chance we have to avoid going down this route).
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 02, 2016, 06:15:28 PMBecause we know who to kill now to stop that.
Yes! A reviver!!!!!!

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 02, 2016, 06:15:28 PMI'm trying to help the other teams, as hard to believe as that sounds.
Lol look out everyone, we've got a good samaritan badass over here. 
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 02, 2016, 06:27:01 PMYes! A reviver!!!!!!
No. Not a reviver (and it's especially convenient how you seem to be ignoring orange/blue's revivers, and not counting them as "revivers," as if they're all just standing around picking their noses).

QuoteLol look out everyone, we've got a good samaritan badass over here.
Considering I don't really have any other possibilities at this point in time, I might as well fulfill one goal I made for myself. ::)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 02, 2016, 06:29:22 PMNo. Not a reviver (and it's especially convenient how you seem to be ignoring orange/blue's revivers, and not counting them as "revivers," as if they're all just standing around picking their noses).

This might come as a surprise to you, being as paranoid as you have posted to be, but I don't know everyone's roles and alts, etc. You have obviously displayed more knowledge on this than I currently possess, so the whole "orange team being a threat" bit goes a bit over my head. Also, your fear of the blue team seems to be more akin to a "fear of the unknown," also due to paranoia. So when you dangle another teams' reviver in front of me with excellent evidence, why the fuck would I not be all over that?

Every way to Sunday the green revivers' death is a much safer gamble (to everyone but green lol).
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 02, 2016, 06:40:12 PMThis might come as a surprise to you, being as paranoid as you have posted to be, but I don't know everyone's roles and alts, etc.
Irrelevant. Even if this is true, which is possible, you would only need to know a portion of everyone's roles, etc.

QuoteYou have obviously displayed more knowledge on this than I currently possess
Quoteyour fear of the blue team seems to be more akin to a "fear of the unknown," also due to paranoia.
DOES NOT COMPUTE. DOES NOT COMPUTE. Regardless, this is far from paranoia- it's simply deduction and numbers based on the most likely scenario.

QuoteSo when you dangle another teams' reviver in front of me with excellent evidence, why the fuck would I not be all over that?
Because it does not benefit you. As far as I can tell, all the revivers are dead except green's, orange's, and blue's. As a member of blue yourself, with a strong ally on orange (and chances are, little to no way to win with your alt), your best personal interest is to lynch green's reviver.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Lol, it's in my best personal interest to lynch everyone who is not blue. xD

BlackDragonSlayer

You have no interest in lynching those who can help you win.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Olimar12345

Why would I help anyone who is not blue?

BlackDragonSlayer

You help anyone who can help you win, especially if that person is both on your team and another team at the same time.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

I'm curious why you think killing me is suddenly gonna destory this supposed master alliance.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 02, 2016, 06:59:18 PMYou help anyone who can help you win, especially if that person is both on your team and another team at the same time.

So I should be a double-crosser and stab some other team in the back? That's cold af. Blue team ain't about that shit yo

TWG Link

Quote from: FireArrow on August 02, 2016, 01:19:19 PMThe case against me is certaintly strong and in most cases would warrant a lynch. In fact, TWG Link should of easily of gotten me lynched yesterday and I'm gonna hazard a guess that the only reason she didn't was because of inactivity. Today however, there's simply a much strongrer case against Ness and lynching me would be giving a free pass to a confirmed reviver that has a confirmed target he wants to revive. I just need to hope I don't fall victim to the same inactivity that Link did.
"easily" should have gotten you lynched? I thought it was pretty clear that the only reason you werent lynched is because you had too many people already on your side and willing to lynch brainy instead because they knew they could just revive him the next night. The fact that you weren't killed yesterday shows that you have many alive and attentive teammates, which is even more of a reason for you be killed today.

I'm going to attempt and simplify what BDS is saying for those watching on the sidelines. It's known to the thread that both FireArrow and TWG Ness are revivers. If Ness isn't killed today, it's known that he will revive Maelstrom, the red vigi. However, I stand by my case from yesterday that FireArrow has been targeted and guarded two nights in a row, and therefore is known by at least two alliances to have a crucial role. To be known in an alliance well enough to be guarded shows that the alliance is thriving, and poses a threat to all other colors in the game.

If Ness is lynched, Firearrows alliance is permitted to continue on with whatever they have planned, which this far into the game is dangerous

If FireArrow is lynched, Ness will revive Maelstrom but can easily be lynched next phase.

The difference here is that we know what Ness will do if allowed to live, but Firearrows actions are unknown and therefore a greater risk. There's no guarantee that enough players not on his side will be left next phase to fully go through with his lynch

also
Quote from: FireArrow on August 02, 2016, 01:19:19 PMTWG Link should of easily of gotten me lynched yesterday and I'm gonna hazard a guess that the only reason she didn't
I'm the guy in the green hat, not the princess!!! Please be respectful

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: FireArrow on August 02, 2016, 06:59:54 PMI'm curious why you think killing me is suddenly gonna destory this supposed master alliance.
Because last phase, we weren't as prepared; we know more now about you as well, and who to kill to kill you the right way. Nonetheless, what you're suggesting is that everyone else should literally just roll over to get stabbed in the stomach (repeatedly) just because, "Oh well! We can't do anything anyway!"

Quote from: Olimar12345 on August 02, 2016, 07:00:44 PMSo I should be a double-crosser and stab some other team in the back? That's cold af. Blue team ain't about that shit yo
I'm losing you here. You're making things way more abstract, contrived, and convoluted than they need to be.

ninja'd

Yeeeeah! Backup! I apologize for anything I said about you in the past, TWG Link!

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber