[GBA] Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version - "Petalburg Woods" by Th3Gavst3r

Started by Zeta, July 17, 2016, 10:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Ruby Version & Pokémon Sapphire Version
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Petalburg Woods
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Th3Gavst3r

[attachment deleted by admin]

Latios212

- Composer is Morikazu Aoki.
- Perhaps courtesy natural on descending C grace notes since they follow C#.
- I would condense quarter rest + eighth rest to dotted quarter rest when it falls on the fourth eighth beat of some measures.
- Not particularly a fan of the repeated dyads in the RH of 8-10. If you would like to keep them, at least add accents to show where they should be stressed.
- Lower eighth rests in m. 10 LH
- Extra flat appears in the mus in 15.
- Last measure: dotted eighth rest is misaligned. Also why is layer 3 being used?

All that said, this is a really good arrangement of a pretty odd track!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Th3Gavst3r

"✓"
Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2016, 02:16:38 PM- Composer is Morikazu Aoki.
- Perhaps courtesy natural on descending C grace notes since they follow C#.
- I would condense quarter rest + eighth rest to dotted quarter rest when it falls on the fourth eighth beat of some measures.
- Lower eighth rests in m. 10 LH
- Last measure: dotted eighth rest is misaligned.
[close]

Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2016, 02:16:38 PM- Extra flat appears in the mus in 15.
No idea what was going on there. Seem to have fixed it though

Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2016, 02:16:38 PM- Not particularly a fan of the repeated dyads in the RH of 8-10. If you would like to keep them, at least add accents to show where they should be stressed.
Just holding out the dyads sounds really bland and fails to point out the swelling dynamic, so I'm gonna stick with the repetition. I did do some cool-looking tiny notes to hopefully point out they're mainly for rearticulation though!

Quote from: Latios212 on July 19, 2016, 02:16:38 PMAlso why is layer 3 being used?
Layer 1 on the top staff is actually moved up from the bottom one. This way I was able to keep the special echoing dynamics separate from the melody. Since layer 2 was also already used in the bottom staff though, I got my first real reason to use a 3rd voice! :D

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Zeta