News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[NDS] Mario Kart DS - "Tick Tock Clock" by Sebastian, E. Gadd Industries & TheClassicalLenny

Started by Zeta, July 10, 2016, 03:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daj

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on July 13, 2016, 03:34:06 PMEspecially with octaves.
Even for someone like myself who's fairly good at octaves, it's nearly impossible to get those octaves in rapid succession without creating an unwanted harsh tone.

I'm thinking Ravel's Miroirs IV and Schubert/Liszt's Erlkonig! ;)
chances are you were thinking bout those too haha right

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Yeah, but with those you aren't playing quietly in a relaxed piece.
Erlkonig especially, you're playing ff so it doesn't really matter.
Plus, the fact is that most pianists (period) can't play either, much less the people looking to play VGM from the site.
what is shitpost

Maelstrom

A few quick suggestions:
-There are 16ths missing in the bass clef. It's pretty clear when you listen closely.
-The intro gets intentionally out of sync in the original, but that's not in your piece.
-m23-30 - LH - Some clear 2nd harmonies are missing and it wouldn't be that hard to add them in. In addition, double check every off beat of that section. It moves.

Sebastian

Ugh.
Sorry about my inactivity. My bad.

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2016, 06:59:10 PM-There are 16ths missing in the bass clef. It's pretty clear when you listen closely.
This is what Bloop and I were talking about near the beginning of this sub.

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2016, 06:59:10 PM-The intro gets intentionally out of sync in the original, but that's not in your piece.
A few others and I discussed this. We decided to leave it out. It's just an echo that gets, as you say, noticeably out of sync. It's not technically a note change/addition or anything.

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2016, 06:59:10 PM-m23-30 - LH - Some clear 2nd harmonies are missing and it wouldn't be that hard to add them in. In addition, double check every off beat of that section. It moves.
Uh, I'll get this checked out.

E. Gadd Industries

"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Maelstrom

Incorrect.
We're waiting on
Quote from: Sebastian on July 16, 2016, 12:48:41 PM
Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2016, 06:59:10 PM-m23-30 - LH - Some clear 2nd harmonies are missing and it wouldn't be that hard to add them in. In addition, double check every off beat of that section. It moves.
Uh, I'll get this checked out.

E. Gadd Industries

I didn't finish tonight, but I'll work on it first thing in the morning.

EDIT: Well, actually, Mael, would you mind doing it, please?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2016, 06:59:10 PM-m23-30 - LH - Some clear 2nd harmonies are missing and it wouldn't be that hard to add them in.

Quote from: Bloop on July 12, 2016, 08:00:29 AMIn this version, the accompaniment is consequent throughout the whole song (mostly ascending fifths for the bass; chords are always on the same octave). I deleted the lower notes in m. 23-30, resulting in an emptier sound.

Quote from: Sebastian on July 12, 2016, 09:54:03 AMI guess that works. I'll do some messing with it.

We decided on deleting those to give it an "emptier" sound.

Quote from: Maelstrom on July 13, 2016, 06:59:10 PMIn addition, double check every off beat of that section. It moves.
The harmony note(s) change(s), but we don't have the harmony notes in the sheet for reasons above. The notes we have are in the original (the upbeat).
The only incorrect notes I found are beats 1.5 of 26 & 30. Those actually stay the same as the previous 2 beats for one extra beat. Those have been fixed and links updated.
I have access to Finale. Yay!  ;D

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Zeta