News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [N64] Bomberman 64 - "Green Garden" by PetrifiedLasagna

Started by Zeta, July 07, 2016, 04:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Bomberman 64
Console: Nintendo 64
Title: Green Garden
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: PetrifiedLasagna

PetrifiedLasagna

Consider this a late BMan anniversary celebration (June 1)  ;D

WaluigiTime64

Just a few things, using a single image as an example.

Red: With anything like this where you can bring the accidental to the opposite end of the stem, do so. It's not completely necessary, it just looks that extra bit nicer/cleaner.

Green: You could probably make those sharps flats, to reduce use of accidentals in those measures. It makes more sense, considering that E Flat appears before the D Sharp in Measure 25.

Blue: C Natural should be B Sharp (I think).

I might look for other mistakes later. Either way, good arrangement! It has pretty much all of the notes down.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

PetrifiedLasagna

lol, I updated and almost signed out before saying that I actually made changes!

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 07, 2016, 05:19:34 PMRed: With anything like this where you can bring the accidental to the opposite end of the stem, do so. It's not completely necessary, it just looks that extra bit nicer/cleaner.

I can't believe I missed that. I probably played this through 4-5 times looking for stuff like that. :P
I fixed that one, and one other one a few measures earlier.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 07, 2016, 05:19:34 PMGreen: You could probably make those sharps flats, to reduce use of accidentals in those measures. It makes more sense, considering that E Flat appears before the D Sharp in Measure 25.

Technically (ah, my favorite word!) the same number of accidentals, but it looks neater using all flats.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 07, 2016, 05:19:34 PMBlue: C Natural should be B Sharp (I think).

Okay, I changed that. I didn't see any other occurrences like it so yeah.

PetrifiedLasagna

Bump.

Also, does anyone have any ideas on what to do with m23-28? They are probably the messiest part in the whole sheet.

WaluigiTime64

Hmm... Is it possible to hide the half-note rests? That might help a bit. Accidentals are fine there (I think), so there isn't much else to say.

Also, Measure 7 and 15 should be D Flat, not C Sharp. First off, it's descending, and secondly, if you want C Sharp, you would need a courtesy accidental for the following C Natural.

Also, Measure 6 and 14 should have D Sharp, not E Flat. It's the courtesy accidental thing again. Also it's ascending.

I'll probably be coming in and out of this, finding these small things.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Sebastian

I LOVE this song. Expect some feedback ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzchgqw2vxyer91/Green%20Garden.mus?dl=1

What I did:
- When you're in 8/8 time, don't forget to re-beam the eighth notes.
- The pick-up is somewhat ugly. It'd look 10x better if it was put as seven 32nd notes to a quarter (same with M.2 and others like it).
- I did some basic formatting clean-ups.
- Changed some wrong notes.

Please tell me what you think! I didn't go too deep, but got some basics fixed up. I'm sure there is more, but we'll get to that when we get to it :P

Bespinben

Just want to make sure you're aware of this accompaniment figure present in the OST from measure 5 onwards:

It constitutes a significant part of the rhythmic drive of the piece, which is why I bring it up.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

PetrifiedLasagna

Okay, just updated.

Quote from: Sebastian on July 09, 2016, 03:01:20 PMI LOVE this song. Expect some feedback ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzchgqw2vxyer91/Green%20Garden.mus?dl=1

What I did:
- When you're in 8/8 time, don't forget to re-beam the eighth notes.
- The pick-up is somewhat ugly. It'd look 10x better if it was put as seven 32nd notes to a quarter (same with M.2 and others like it).
- I did some basic formatting clean-ups.
- Changed some wrong notes.

Please tell me what you think! I didn't go too deep, but got some basics fixed up. I'm sure there is more, but we'll get to that when we get to it :P

Yeah, it is great. Although, I think I need an explanation of your first point. :P
Also, the septets (7) work quite nicely so thanks for that pointer too.

Although I changed the one note at m13 in layer 2, because it is held for the rest of the measure.

Quote from: Bespinben on July 09, 2016, 07:48:44 PMJust want to make sure you're aware of this accompaniment figure present in the OST from measure 5 onwards:

It constitutes a significant part of the rhythmic drive of the piece, which is why I bring it up.

I added it for the first section, but I want to get some opinions before adding it to the variation. Would it be worth it to add it to the variation or would it be too cluttered? I will point at that it is different in the second half.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on July 09, 2016, 07:48:44 PMJust want to make sure you're aware of this accompaniment figure present in the OST from measure 5 onwards:

I guess this could work. It seems kind of.....difficult? I do know that it'd be significantly harder, especially with all the clef changes and whatnot.

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on July 11, 2016, 08:30:01 AMYeah, it is great. Although, I think I need an explanation of your first point. :P
You see how there are a lot of notes "unbeamed"? That happens in 8/8 time. You have to manually beam them when arranging in 8/8 time.

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on July 11, 2016, 08:30:01 AMAlso, the septets (7) work quite nicely so thanks for that pointer too.
No problem! Glad you like it.

Quote from: PetrifiedLasagna on July 11, 2016, 08:30:01 AMI added it for the first section, but I want to get some opinions before adding it to the variation. Would it be worth it to add it to the variation or would it be too cluttered? I will point at that it is different in the second half.
I would have to agree that it'd be too cluttered.

PetrifiedLasagna

Extreme Necro Bump

No, but seriously, I looked through the sheet and fixed the accidentals in one measure, and fixed the note beaming. So yeah, seems pretty darn awesome to me  :D

WaluigiTime64

Bump.

I'd also like to point out that (at least in the MUS file) the 8vb says "8va". That's not something Petrified Lasagna can change (I don't think). Somebody with Finale 2014 will have to do it.

Tobbeh99

I took a look on this and did some edits: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Bomberman%2064%20-%20Green%20Garden.mus

here are the changes:

-Changed a lot of the layers so that one is downwards beamed and the other upwards beamed.

-Changed the low notes in the RH, and made them instead 8vb, makes it easier to read.

-Changed the notation in measure 7. Made the LH play the low RH notes.

-Made the arrangement a bit more rich in terms of dynamics. Notably in the beginning and at the end.

-Measures 21-25: I changed the last "blurry" notes. I transcribed them as rolled chords. And I also made them sus4 chords which they are, you must have missed that.

-Made some slurs to make it easier differentiate the melody from the rhythm. 

-Changed the measure distribution in the last 2 systems. So now you don't need a shortened system at the end.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Maelstrom