Series: The Legend of Zelda
Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Console: Game Boy Advance
Title: Quest Begins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JDMEK5

[attachment deleted by admin]

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

daj

Thirds on bars 3-4? ^^ The original used thirds for sure, haha.

If you do use thirds you may consider bringing down the bass part an octave, just to accomodate the G-B at bar 3 beat 1 :)

JDMEK5

The thirds you're hearing are the G against the B. That makes for a 4th in the next measure, an open 5th in the next, a 4th, etc.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

daj

Quote from: JDMEK5 on June 27, 2016, 10:22:49 PMThe thirds you're hearing are the G against the B. That makes for a 4th in the next measure, an open 5th in the next, a 4th, etc.

Ooh. This crossed my mind too actually! ^^ But I took a closer listen and I'm pretty sure there are diatonic thirds through those four chords there, hehe. I'll have to disagree with you on that point~

Bespinben

1.) Percussion rhythms (ex: snare). The subdivisions of the 8ths are in 16th triplets, not straight 16ths.
2.) Timpani and contrabass string drones.
3.) Parallel 3rds. Without question.

It is your arrangement though, so it's up to you how you want to condense the orchestration, but there's just so much missing that I'm inclined to believe that these parts weren't even heard during the transcription process.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

1) These weren't supposed to be percussion rhythms but rather just the drone. But the triplets do capture it better so it's done.
2) Aye, added.
3) Okey dokey.

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Olimar12345.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot