[NDS] Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors - "Morphogenetic Sorrow" by Maelstrom

Started by Zeta, June 16, 2016, 11:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Morphogenetic Sorrow
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Maelstrom

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQfY47pFNs
Because Zero Time Dilemma comes out this month.

Note that I revised this version recently, so it's quite a bit better than all previous versions.

SlowPokemon

I enjoyed this arrangement a lot and didn't find any noticeable errors or problems.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Maelstrom

FireArrow

1. Change pedal as needed to "con pedale" or "pedal freely." I can see that being a useful marking if it's a piece that normally you wouldn't want to pedal for but difficult sections make it necessary, but that's not the case here.

2. I'd argue the counterpoint between the flute and clarinet starting in measure 5 are more important than the cello. With the pedal you can probably incorporate it without messing with anything too much.

3. I know the first notes are in unison but notate the cello as a whole note in a seperate voice for measures 5-7 and 9-11. You can make the first note of the upper voice an eight rest if overlapping notes bother you. If you put con pedale or something similar at the beginning the "ped. if desired" is unnecessary.

4. Counter melody in 21-28? :c
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Maelstrom

Firearrow and I have talked a little, and this has been updated further.

Also:
Changed for the second one, but didn't apply to the first, as it was Sost. ped, not ped.
As for #4, it got too messy.

Added dynamics.

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta