News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[NES] Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds - "Boltac's Trading Post" by JacopoTore

Started by Zeta, June 13, 2016, 07:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Boltac's Trading Post
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JacopoTore

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

Before we get on to any musical critiques, review this.
I can't find a youtube file for the song anywhere, but you should probably find it, as it's needed.

JacopoTore

I'm sorry, the source where I extracted the music was wrong.
I replaced sheet.

Series: Other
Game: Wizardry II: The Knight of Diamonds
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Boltac's Trading Post
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: JacopoTore

( listen at: https://youtu.be/vRa5OS9Aw1I?t=8m39s )

FireArrow

That's a really nice soundtrack im gonna have to help you with it. Remove the Pno. markings and any particular reason why you chose to use a pianoforte instead of a piano?
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

JacopoTore

Ok thank you for your help. I will remove pno but I can't see other particular. I call pianoforte because is the complete name of the instrument, piano is an abbreviation. Can I modify other things?

FireArrow

You need to fix the formatting to meet NSM standards (the link maelstrom gave you), but I don't think it needs any changes to the arrangement itself.

JacopoTore

FireArrow

Hmm, I'll be more specific.

The title and the composers name should be bold.
The subtitle and the arrangers name should be italicized.

The header for pages 2+ should not include the subtitle.

I think that covers it all.

Edit: Nvm you updated the pdf but not the mus. You only need to do the last thing but make sure you update the .mus file too!

JacopoTore

Omg I spent most the time to edit this sheet than transcribe and arrange this song xD  ;D
Ok now I do it at all

Onionleaf

This link might help get quick access to the track.

Just a few minor points to make:

• The playback in the MUS file and the MIDI file are too slow. Double-click on your tempo marking two times, and select "Edit" in the pop-up menu. Go to Playback, and tick the box that says "Match playback to metronome marking text". Since the time signature is 4/4, it might be best to change the tempo marking to "quarter note = 200" as well.
• Don't forget to bold the title & "Composed by ..." texts, and italicise the "Arranged by ..." text in the MUS file.
• It would be good to add a double barline whenever you have a key signature change (between m20-21, and m34-35).
• In m18, have your second dotted note as a beamed eighth and quarter note instead.
• Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm hearing the right hand in mm. 20-22 as a quarter and eighth note, rather than 3 eighth notes at the beginning of each bar.

Other than that, it's looking good, I think! Hope you'll have it submitted soon enough. :)

JacopoTore

Thank you for your suggestions!
But I miss the last two point, I really don't understand what are you talking about...can you post or send to me another .MUS file with your changes?
The title and composer is bolded, the arranger is italicised, I don't know why you say me "don't forget"
I replace.

Onionleaf

Hiya, I came back with some pictures. :)

I'm sorry for repeating this again, but this is what the titles look like in your MUS file (your PDF file is fine, though) - just make the MUS titles the same as your PDF titles:

Here is what I was talking about for m18:

Oops, sorry about my last point, I named the wrong measures! I was talking about mm 29-31, and this was what I heard in the melody:

JacopoTore

I really don't know why you see the title not bolded or italicised, I made pdf throught .mus file!
I'm using finale 2012 for mac.
I replace

Onionleaf

Oh I see, I did think it was a little strange that the MUS file was like that. Sorry to pester you so much about the formatting. (*sigh* Technology, am I right?)

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26