[GBC] Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version - "Ice Path" (Replacement) by Echo

Started by Zeta, June 13, 2016, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version
Console: Game Boy Color
Title: Ice Path
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Echo

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Echo

Thanks to Latios for his help in formatting the sheet and for some creative consulting!

Tobbeh99

Nice arrangement!

-Staring of, I think you make good use of slurs in this arrangement to show that the song should have a legato feel. I'm thinking especially about the bass line.

-Page 2 and 3 looks a bit awkward the way the systems are spaced. Make them closer to each other. Also I noticed that the page size is 77%. Imo, I think that is too small, make it to like 85% and it's fine, I usually try to keep it at least around 85% and never below 80%.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Like Tobbeh said, nice arrangement!
There are a few things I noticed:
- From M. 13-onward, you seem to be missing that voice that is playing in the previous measures. You could easily incorporate it. Here is a small example of something I'm looking for:
Spoiler
[close]
Obviously, there are some parts that would be impossible to play, but you could easily make it playable (move some notes up an octave, take some notes out, hand crossings, etc.)
- The titles, composer/arranger names, and copyright info are mis-aligned by an extremely tiny bit.

This arrangement is very good! Maybe fiddle around with that extra voice; see if you can incorporate it. I don't see it as that big of a deal, but it'd be awesome if you could add it. I'd like your thoughts on that : )

Dudeman

Quote from: Sebastian on June 13, 2016, 04:05:18 PM- From M. 13-onward, you seem to be missing that voice that is playing in the previous measures. You could easily incorporate it. Here is a small example of something I'm looking for:
Spoiler
[close]
Obviously, there are some parts that would be impossible to play, but you could easily make it playable (move some notes up an octave, take some notes out, hand crossings, etc.)
Lol, Latios and I have been messing around with this some as well as part of the unofficial project. Making it playable as a second layer in the right hand is nigh-impossible while also keeping the original tone of that voice. However, we have thought about making that voice into the left hand part instead, dropping the current baseline in favor of it. Something to think about.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Sebastian

Quote from: Dudeman on June 13, 2016, 04:10:56 PMLol, Latios and I have been messing around with this some as well as part of the unofficial project. Making it playable as a second layer in the right hand is nigh-impossible while also keeping the original tone of that voice. However, we have thought about making that voice into the left hand part instead, dropping the current baseline in favor of it. Something to think about.
Whoops, sorry about that. I need to learn to read xD
Thanks for pointing that out, Dudeman.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Latios212

This is basically ready to go, but I do agree with Tobbeh on the spacing - you don't have to feel obligated to use the entire three pages if the systems have that much space in between them; this looks pretty funny. If you don't mind, I can put 6 systems on page 2 for you.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Zeta