[MUL] Shovel Knight - "The Schemer (Tinker Knight Battle)" by Dekkadeci

Started by Zeta, June 11, 2016, 04:49:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Maelstrom on January 29, 2017, 08:13:03 PMThis sounds like a passive-aggressive way of saying you don't agree with my choices. You're the arranger, and you get to decide. However, as updaters, we get to make the final call on things like playability, which is the main reason I made those changes. In addition, I don't really think I did anywhere near enough work to be considered a collaborator. You arranged the song. I just edited what you had a little.
Considering how hard this piece is to play without substantial edits, I'm actually neutral about your arrangement edit choices. The only one I disagreed with is the left hand of Bars 13-15, which I mentioned earlier.

With that being said, I truly believe I would not have come up with those octave voicing changes myself, so I still feel the most comfortable giving you partial credit.

Brassman388

The way you have the arranger's section titled should be good enough.

The piano label in the first system, however, should be gone?

Good arrangement.

Maelstrom

Maelstrom

Quote from: Dekkadeci on January 29, 2017, 11:09:50 PMConsidering how hard this piece is to play without substantial edits, I'm actually neutral about your arrangement edit choices. The only one I disagreed with is the left hand of Bars 13-15, which I mentioned earlier.

With that being said, I truly believe I would not have come up with those octave voicing changes myself, so I still feel the most comfortable giving you partial credit.
That's ok.

Olimar12345

Looking good! I have a few suggestions to top it off with before we're through here, most of which involve the way that the chromatic accidentals are spelled:

-In measure 2, the RH begins a chromatic ascent. Rather than use a Gb that you have to cancel out one quarter-beat later, I would suggest using an F#. In general, sharps tend to lead towards upward resolutions and flats towards downwards resolutions.
-In measure 18 (and with both hands), I would highly recommend that you use Cb's instead of B naturals, for the above reason.
-Now in measure 16 you have a couple of options. In order to stay consistant with the above ideology, you would want to have Ebb's and a Cb. However, in this instance, since you're using naturals (which can be used in both scenarios), the way you have it written is just fine. If you spell this measure with naturals, I would recommend putting courtesy accidentals in the next bar, ESPECIALLY since there is a page break!
-Your subtitle and copyright info is not quite centered. Highlight their text-boxes and press Ctrl Shift ' to center them (or use the drop-down menu).

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 01, 2017, 01:04:11 PMLooking good! I have a few suggestions to top it off with before we're through here, most of which involve the way that the chromatic accidentals are spelled:

-In measure 2, the RH begins a chromatic ascent. Rather than use a Gb that you have to cancel out one quarter-beat later, I would suggest using an F#. In general, sharps tend to lead towards upward resolutions and flats towards downwards resolutions.
-In measure 18 (and with both hands), I would highly recommend that you use Cb's instead of B naturals, for the above reason.
-Now in measure 16 you have a couple of options. In order to stay consistant with the above ideology, you would want to have Ebb's and a Cb. However, in this instance, since you're using naturals (which can be used in both scenarios), the way you have it written is just fine. If you spell this measure with naturals, I would recommend putting courtesy accidentals in the next bar, ESPECIALLY since there is a page break!
-Your subtitle and copyright info is not quite centered. Highlight their text-boxes and press Ctrl Shift ' to center them (or use the drop-down menu).
Corrected the above as best as I could. Putting the parentheses on the courtesy accidentals with Finale Notepad alone got pretty hacky, so I don't know if using the articulation parentheses instead of the doesn't-seem-to-work-with-Notepad "P" key is correct.

As an aside, my copy of Finale Notepad is now completely silent whenever it tries to play back .mus files. I don't know why.

Maelstrom

Dekkadeci

Quote from: Maelstrom on February 05, 2017, 05:15:40 PMMight want to update more files than just the .mus
Shoot, uploaded the wrong files just now. Uploaded the correct files this time.

Maelstrom

Zeta