Series: Mega Man
Game: Mega Man 3
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Boss Battle
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: WaluigiTime64

[attachment deleted by admin]

WaluigiTime64

Friendly reminder that I use Finale NotePad/MuseScore.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Tobbeh99

M.5-6 are correctly beamed, but not 23-24. Btw you could just remove the last 2 measures and make the repeat go back to measure 5 instead of 7.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

WaluigiTime64

Thanks for that.

The submission has been edited.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

WaluigiTime64

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Not bad.
Initial thoughts:
- Add a musical direction with your metronome mark; something like "Misterioso" would work. Use it if you want, or come up with another one of your own! :) (I'll get this for you, and you can change it if you'd like)
- Bars 5 and 6- I wonder if you could more concisely notate this by having the sixteenths as slurs, and just having eighth staccatos as your main notes? The last beats, of course, are and should be rhythmically accurate, so you can leave those alone.
- Your page number on page 2 is far too close to the staff; same with the page title. You can just have that system moved down if you'd like. (I'll get this for you)
- Staff spacing; the first two systems don't need all that much space in between them. (I'll get this for you)
- LH throughout: There sounds like there are two voices a lot of the time. If you need help with this, let us know.
- System spacing; some systems have 3 bars, some have 4, some have 2. We'll have to have some variance on this sheet to make it work well, but just know that for the future. If you need things like formatting fixes, the best place to ask for that is your personal arrangement thread.

Here's your file updated with the stuff you can't do in Notepad, lol.
what is shitpost

WaluigiTime64

I forgot to reply to this, sorry.

Most of the formatting I can accept, but I feel like Measures 5-8 are a bit too squished. I can't change that in NotePad (of course...), so I might have to get that fixed by someone.

Also I need to know what a good way to arrange that second bassline could be.

These are the normal notes (I think).

Bespinben

Get all the notes transcribed, then worry about arranging.

The passage here you had previously written as perfect 4ths, when really it's based on planing maj7 and diminshed intervals.

Seeing this, you might also want to re-consider the key signature to prevent having Cbb in the passage above.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

WaluigiTime64

The key signature(s) is/are frustrating me so much. I feel like the first half of the main section is in E flat Minor, then the latter half is in A flat Minor, but I'm really not sure. I don't even know what key signature the intro is in. Damn chromatics.

Also: the full, unedited bassline.

Also is there a particular reason to be avoiding C double flat? If the key signature was different, but still had the C double flat, would that be fine?

Bespinben

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 04, 2016, 02:47:30 AMAlso is there a particular reason to be avoiding C double flat? If the key signature was different, but still had the C double flat, would that be fine?

Cbb diatonically belongs to the theoretical key Gbb major -- THIRTEEN flats down the circle of fifths. You've passed so many enharmonic equivalents by that point that if you haven't come back to the land sanity by then, you must be doing something wrong. That's why Cbb is a big red flag.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

WaluigiTime64

Oh ok, thanks! (You learn something new everyday)

WaluigiTime64

Ok, transcribing should be good (I'm really not sure), but now comes arranging and formatting. Any ideas with the arranging bit? Just moving the second layer up an octave doesn't seem to work very well.

MUS

This is being more of a pain than it really should be. Sorry about that.

JDMEK5

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on July 06, 2016, 03:19:51 PMThis is being more of a pain than it really should be. Sorry about that.
If only you saw some of my earliest arrangements monstrosities. Correction is the foundation of learning. It's just gonna happen and nobody here has a problem with it so no need to apologize.

Anyways, correction time then (I haven't gone in huge detail; these are just some things that stood out to me) :
-Formatting: namely removing "Pno." from staves 2+ as well as adjusting those margins if you can so that the "Piano" on the first staff isn't so close to the edge of the sheet.
-Line 3 could be spaced a little more. That mezzo forte is looking kinda squished.
-Measure numbers could be awesome.
-Measures 8 and 12, RH, Beat 4.5 - Rather than A natural this should be B double flat. Using flats for descending chromaticism and it'll also eliminate the need for your courtesy accidentals in measures 9 and 13.
-All your staves on the second page should be spaced a little more between hands.
-I also feel like we could use a better system for the left hand. I think what I have in mind is some way to specify which hand takes care of what for optimal ease. This is gonna be a toughie no matter how you slice it.

I'm not sure if you have full Finale so just do what you can and we'll take care of the rest. Just let us know what you could/couldn't do.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

WaluigiTime64

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AMIf only you saw some of my earliest arrangements monstrosities. Correction is the foundation of learning. It's just gonna happen and nobody here has a problem with it so no need to apologize.
I just considered it an inconvenience. Whatever's fine with everybody is fine with me (most of the time).

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AM-Formatting: namely removing "Pno." from staves 2+ as well as adjusting those margins if you can so that the "Piano" on the first staff isn't so close to the edge of the sheet.
-Line 3 could be spaced a little more. That mezzo forte is looking kinda squished.
-Measure numbers could be awesome.
-All your staves on the second page should be spaced a little more between hands.
NotePad.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AM-Measures 8 and 12, RH, Beat 4.5 - Rather than A natural this should be B double flat. Using flats for descending chromaticism and it'll also eliminate the need for your courtesy accidentals in measures 9 and 13.
Done.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AM-I also feel like we could use a better system for the left hand. I think what I have in mind is some way to specify which hand takes care of what for optimal ease. This is gonna be a toughie no matter how you slice it.
Yeah, I don't know what I should do there.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AMI'm not sure if you have full Finale
Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on June 11, 2016, 01:07:05 PMFriendly reminder that I use Finale NotePad/MuseScore.

Quote from: JDMEK5 on July 07, 2016, 09:36:49 AMjust do what you can and we'll take care of the rest. Just let us know what you could/couldn't do.
Basically everything. I was going to head over to the formatting thread, but this is good.

MUS

Should have that one fix.

Maelstrom

Formatting fixed and baseline adjusted, as requested, and files updated, and accepted.