Series: Super Mario
Game: Mario Kart 8
Console: Wii U
Title: GCN Dry Dry Desert
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

I'm still a bit iffy on some of the chords and the bass line.

Sebastian

Yay. A Mario Kart sheet! This piece looks very well-done!

A few things that popped out at me:
- Arranger/composer name needs to be right-aligned. Highlight the specified text > go to Text (drop-down menu) > Alignment > Right.

- The dynamic marking is clashing with the notes in M. 2.

- The second layer notes in M. 9 aren't quite correct. They are:
Spoiler
[close]
EDIT: The note in the picture (the F naturual) should be an E#.

- The notes are also wrong in M. 10-11. I don't blame you. They're really hard to hear :P
Spoiler
[close]

- The 8va/8vbs are almost all of the time too close to the notes. Maybe back them off a little bit. Also, at places like M. 18 (where the 8vb dips onto the next line), you can go ahead and move it back to 17. Places like M. 9 where they dip into the next measure, just go ahead and keep it under the notes they are actually affecting. This makes the formatting look cleaner overall.
- Places like M. 23 where the second layer clashes with the notes on the bottom staff, go ahead and widen the space between the staves. That will get rid of this problem.

Overall, excellent work! You did a great job hearing the notes. Heck, you only had a few wrong. Great work!
I may have some more formatting suggestions when you are finished fixing this stuff above. We'll come to that when these changes are made.

Static

All changes have been made, but I have another small question:
The original composers of the song were Kenta Nagata and Shinobu Tanaka; the MK8 version was just arranged by Ryo Magamatsu (and then by me). What would be the best way to indicate this on the sheet? Or should I just leave it?

Sebastian

Quote from: Static on June 09, 2016, 06:37:34 PMAll changes have been made, but I have another small question:
The original composers of the song were Kenta Nagata and Shinobu Tanaka; the MK8 version was just arranged by Ryo Magamatsu (and then by me). What would be the best way to indicate this on the sheet? Or should I just leave it?
Just put all 3 of those names under "Composed by." 

Maelstrom

Ehh, I'd recommend going the way of saying:
Composed by [name here]
Arranged by [name here]
Arranged for Piano by Static

Sebastian, remember that this exists

Sebastian

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 09, 2016, 06:52:31 PMSebastian, remember that this exists
That's true; however, this is one of the only sheets I've seen in this fashion.

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 09, 2016, 06:52:31 PMEhh, I'd recommend going the way of saying:
Composed by [name here]
Arranged by [name here]
Arranged for Piano by Static
I guess go with this then. I didn't recommend this since we haven't been doing this with the other Mario Kart 8 arrangements we've been doing, but this works well!
Thank you, Maelstrom.

EDIT: Maybe we could get that put in the formatting guidelines? I believe that would be extremely helpful, especially with all these remixes popping up in games.

Static

Sebastian

Latios and I did some edits:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vvitl45lby6cqm/dry%20dry%20dry%20dry.musx?dl=1

- Changed the key sig from sharps to flats.
- Moved around some rests.
- Updated the formatting.

Please tell us what you think! : )

We'll update the links in the original post when you approve.

Static

Nice, it looks fantastic! It's a lot cleaner with the 7 flats instead of 5 sharps. Looks good!
So, yeah, you guys can feel free to update it now. Thank you so much for all the help everyone!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot