News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[SNES] Chrono Trigger - "Battle 1" (Replacement) by Static

Started by Zeta, June 07, 2016, 10:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Chrono Trigger
Console: Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Battle 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Static

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Static

I know this was quick, but I decided to revise another Chrono Trigger sheet here; I fixed up the chords and bass line and added a few extra parts. Also, I thought it was odd to have Lucca's theme be on the same sheet when it should be separate. (I'll arrange Lucca's theme sometime in the future probably.)

Latios212

Hi. Firstly you have this listed as an edit replacement but your name is listed as the arranger on the sheet. Feedback to come later when I'm awake...

But we have a fix for Lucca's Theme lying around here so don't worry about that!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

Tobbeh99

I not sure of the dynamic. I feel like the song is too soft to be in forte. I'd recommend a softer dynamic like mf or mp. Or 2 different dynamics, one stronger for the melody like p and mf. You could also have more than 1 dynamic, I think the high RH runs should have a really soft dynamic like p as it's supposed to be in the background.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

A few quick fixes: Note-THIS IS NOT EVERYTHING
To kill two birds with one stone:
The baseline is wrong, along with chord in m9
Spoiler
[close]
Those 16th note things are really crowded. Maybe change the amount of measures in a system to give them some space to breath?
And, while I didn't look at it, are you sure those rests are missing notes? Maybe change the 16ths in front of them to staccato'd eighths to make it cleaner.

Static

In that chord, I'm fairly certain the E I had is still present (along with the note you added).
If you're listening to the original song with headphones, you can hear it more clearly on the left side.

Edit: The score is now revised and has improved dynamics, fixed chord & bassline, and is spaced better

Maelstrom

You should reposition those P dynamics so they don't collide with anything.
Checked every last inch, and I only have one thing left:
That high, quick voice.
Here's how it should sound. I'm sure you can match the parts up to where they should go in the rest of the song. Oh, and the p is gone by accident. It still should be there.
Spoiler
[close]

Static

OK it's all fixed, and I also fixed tempo, which I noticed was slightly below what it should be.
Also, I kept the first sixteenth note on beat 2 of measures 18 and 26 a C like I had before instead of a D like you have.
After listening to the original song again, I am quite certain that note is a C.

daj

Hey! Happens that I'm playing Chrono Trigger for iOS, haha. I know this track! :D

Anyway.

It's a pretty good arrangement! Just a tiny point on presentation:

I don't really like the repeat on b. 5-8. The dal segno is actually kinda irrelevant (and unconventional) since you're going to be repeating to that point again and again. I'd suggest scoring these bars out in full (i.e. create four empty bars after and copy and paste those bars there). And, thus, ditching the end repeat at b. 8. That makes the entire "repeat for eternity" idea a lot clearer.

Yeah, you chose to ditch the repeats for b. 13-20, which repeats exactly immediately after. If you made that choice there, I'd say we can go with it for the above bars~

Other than that, I would add in the high blips a little earlier at b. 17, because I'm certain that the blips come in exactly on that bar. Would put the chord to layer 2, 8va the entire bar, and add in the blips on the second beat.

But that's your choice as an arranger! Just a tiny suggestion ^^

Cheers!

Static

I removed the repeat (I think it actually looks a little better this way myself actually), and also removed the bottom note (A) on the chord in what is now measure 13. After listening to the original song again several times, I noticed the chord only has 3 notes and lacks the bottom one. Unless there's any other small formatting things, I believe the piece is complete now.

Latios212

Quote from: Static on June 16, 2016, 03:04:01 PMAlso, I kept the first sixteenth note on beat 2 of measures 18 and 26 a C like I had before instead of a D like you have.
After listening to the original song again, I am quite certain that note is a C.
I'm hearing what Maelstrom wrote out. That is, the same two measures of 16th runs being repeated - measure 24 and 32 should look like measures 22 and 30.

Oh, and change the arranger name to G-Han, so it matches the site.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Static

OK, I fixed m. 24 and 32 so they match m. 20 and 30, as well as the arranger name, so it should be good to go now.
Thanks for all the help and feedback everyone!

Maelstrom

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Maelstrom.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot