[DELETED] [NDS] Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version - "Route 216 (Day) (Two Pianos)" by dajwxp

Started by Zeta, June 04, 2016, 06:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Pokémon
Game: Pokémon Diamond Version & Pokémon Pearl Version
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: Route 216 (Day)
Instrumentation Two Pianos
Arranger: dajwxp

daj

Links! I think that's what people do, right? :p

Actual:

Link to the Sibelius video export! :) because hey, why not~

cashwarrior1

I don't think you two two pianos, do you? Just to be a little constructive, wouldn't it be a little bit easier on the player to make the beginning grace notes all in one hand rather than splitting it. (The sparkly part)

daj

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 04, 2016, 07:11:59 PMI don't think you two two pianos, do you? Just to be a little constructive, wouldn't it be a little bit easier on the player to make the beginning grace notes all in one hand rather than splitting it. (The sparkly part)

ehhh i own a recording device and a pair of earphones i can use for a metronome! ;)
(haha i probably will make a four-hand version at some point, no worries.)

Mm, to answer your query, absolutely yes! In fact, I think you should play it with one hand if the strength of your left/right-hand fingers aren't balanced (i.e. i'll be playing it with one hand when i do record it).

The reason for that notation is to sustain the F-sharp; basically, while it's not possible to play a note once it's already pressed down, I wrote that way to imply that it should be sustained in some way or another (i.e. use pedal). With that being said, just because notes are in the bottom stave doesn't mean you have to use your left hand, haha. It just has to create the continuous effect that naturally comes if you're using two hands :)

Basically, there's no theoretical reason for that notation - it's just a subtle performance direction.

Hope that answers your question!

cashwarrior1

Ah, that makes sense. Also, that joke was a joke on the title, you Zeta put, "Route 216 (Two Pianos) (Two Pianos)".

daj

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on June 04, 2016, 07:21:00 PMAlso, that joke was a joke on the title, you Zeta put, "Route 216 (Two Pianos) (Two Pianos)".

i'm new to this nsm panel thing. now i know what to write down when they ask for a title. sigh.

Zeila

A few quick things (I might edit this later)

- "(Two Pianos) (Two Pianos)" is redundant. Get rid of (Two Pianos) in the title (on NSM)
- Get rid of (Duet) in the title (in your sheet)
- I noticed that some of the notation got messed up when you transferred it to a mus file, so someone else will have to help you there

Latios212

Haha don't worry we're here to help :J

Mind if I take some time and give this a big fix-up in Finale? I'd looooove to
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

daj

Quote from: Latios212 on June 04, 2016, 07:33:07 PMHaha don't worry we're here to help :J

Oh...wow, you're too kind. That would be awesome; thank you so much man <3

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Latios212 on June 04, 2016, 07:33:07 PMHaha don't worry we're here to help :J

Wow, I probably have way more free time than you and I can't bring myself to do anything :(.