Game: Xenoblade Chronicles
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Mechonis Field
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: LiviDMentality

[attachment deleted by admin]

Maelstrom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_n9lMS3ahw
Expect heavy feedback from me in the next few days.
edit: To the updaters -- I'm willing to spend the time to help this guy out.

As far as I can tell, it's pretty good. It just needs a lot of note beaming fixes and "filling out" in places.
Will be double checking most of it, btw. So glad to see yet another Xenoblade sheet.

Maelstrom

First off, normally I hate repeated notes like this. However, (of course they are in the song), they work wonderfully. Btw, they are present in the last 4 measures, so don't neglect them there.
2.Those 2nd layer things in m13,14,17,18, and throughout the piece seem to take away from the general feel of the piece instead of enhancing it. I'd recommend removal.
3. Note beaming. Welcome to yet another course.
The goal of note beaming is to always make the beat visible. In 4/4, you should try to make every one of those 4 beats visible. This does ever include the first note, or any note that starts on a beat. So, like in measure 19. Those two dotted eights should be notated as a a dotted eighth and a 16th tied to a quarter tied to an eighth (or just a dotted quarter. It's been a while since I 've done this)

After this is fixed, we can go on to working on m27-42

LiviDMentality

For the sake of convenience I'll only be updating the .mus file for now
I will hopefully have Finale by the end of the summer.

Until then, I'll need a LOT of help.

Maelstrom

No problem.
Looks good. I'll fix a few things you can't with finale tomorrow, but don't forget about the beaming in the first two systems.
More feedback coming soon.

Maelstrom

Sorry I dropped the ball on this one. Atm, I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas to fill up that middle section like I mentioned.
Anyway, I think I mentioned it, but staccatos are not optional. They need to be put in. If this doesn't make sense, please say so.
Secondly, the baseline is nowhere near as interesting as you put it. I appreciate the creativity, but it sounds incorrect when played along with the original. It should be notated like this:

The baseline does not change at all until the section change at m27.

LiviDMentality

That doesn't sound correct leaving it unchanged to 27. Or rather it does but sounds really boring.

Maelstrom

Quote from: LiviDMentality on May 28, 2016, 10:30:06 PMThat doesn't sound correct leaving it unchanged to 27. Or rather it does but sounds really boring.
The latter is sad, but true.

LiviDMentality

Anyways, any ideas for the middle section? I, of course, have none.

LiviDMentality

Updated with articulation and a pdf and midi to go with it.

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot